Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Constant Rise of Dual Cabs/4x4/4x2 & SUV Trucks.......

It will only take a change in govt policy to close the loop hole and wham.

It's funny really, the amount of people who bought and drive Duel cab trucks who describe them as POS is amazing.

I wonder how many will re purchase?

That said there isnt many options if you want versatility now without the Commodore and Falcon Wagons and utes.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

That can be for everything Norm and we all don't live that way do we, waiting for this waiting for that to change, either gov policies, laws, etcetc......obviously everything changes once laws are changed but not to the point of the sky is falling re those sales
    The people you must surround yourself with must be very city slicker types, ex hsv holden colleagues, melb not surprising, or just jumped into them just as Slow quotes, FBT.
    In other words they picked the wrong vehicle for their need silly boys.
    The countless young guys having them in Sydney as their dailies its not funny, they are people who get outdoors, loving getting out and about.
    They have replaced the falcodore utes and enjouy even more freedoms.
    The suspension sales and other lines are selling like hot cakes, have been for years.
    Its a whole new world, just because you don't agree you don't need to look down on it.....

Slow, the only comparison I meant bringing your F6 ute was "pricing" nothing more nothing less, the point I meant is others would wouldn't see it as a performance ute, but just a ute and for $50k plus ridiculous being you quoted how expensive Wildtrak is. I agree they are over priced by the way....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    It will only take a change in govt policy to close the loop hole and wham.

It's funny really, the amount of people who bought and drive Duel cab trucks who describe them as POS is amazing.

I wonder how many will re purchase?

That said there isnt many options if you want versatility now without the Commodore and Falcon Wagons and utes.
    Resale on them is good. Mind you they're overpriced to begin with. But then with the fbt they do well. They're a fleet queen.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th June 2017)

https://www.carsguide.com.au/ute/dua...ign=OBUteIndex

Top 5 Dual Cabs as rated by Carsguide

1./ Ranger
    2./ Hi-Lux
    3./ BT-50
    4./ Navara
    5./ Amarok
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    PG2 - Haven't seen a post of yours before and I notice you're 'reasonably' new here so here's a belated WELCOME!

Thank you for the kind words. I lurk in here most days. I only contribute if I feel that I can offer something constructive (despite what others may think).

In regards to FBT I know plenty of friends and work colleagues that have bought 4x4 dual cabs privately. Some people I know are onto their second or third dual cab.

In regards to other 4x4s, I have recently driven a V8 Landcruiser and I have got to say it goes like hell and handles quite well for such a heavy thing that sits high up. The NSW Highway Patrol are now using them so they must go OK.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th June 2017),Randel (8th June 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. I lurk in here most days. I only contribute if I feel that I can offer something constructive (despite what others may think).

In regards to FBT I know plenty of friends and work colleagues that have bought 4x4 dual cabs privately. Some people I know are onto their second or third dual cab.

In regards to other 4x4s, I have recently driven a V8 Landcruiser and I have got to say it goes like hell and handles quite well for such a heavy thing that sits high up. The NSW Highway Patrol are now using them so they must go OK.
    But for 100k for a new one, they would want to be pretty good
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    But for 100k for a new one, they would want to be pretty good
    True.

Here's another print media one for you Slow
    Once again the two most popular vehicles in-market were utes – the Toyota HiLux (4154) and Ford Ranger (4069), with the latter edging the former in lucrative 44 sales.
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/556571/m...vehicle-sales/
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Here's another print media one for you Slow
    Once again the two most popular vehicles in-market were utes – the Toyota HiLux (4154) and Ford Ranger (4069), with the latter edging the former in lucrative 44 sales.
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/556571/m...vehicle-sales/
    again nothing new there
    your defense of these 4 x 4 duel cabs is noted
    so glad you are happy

oh mate, I think you look at this way to shallow....hence my counter posting, sometimes for fun.
    It's not about defending (and not about these vehicles rights or wrongs compared to 2wd utes/wagons etcetc) them, its the benefit of someone here who has close ties whats actually happening from the cold face through clients actively involved in these markets, is that not better than just random sideline comment that have no real facts to support compared to dislike and ignorance.
    These people know of the negatives of these vehicles but what segment doesn't have them.
    Fleet queens for some yep, so were falcodores by the bucket load
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast