Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow foam.

Snow foam.

Today was my third try with this latest set up and forth overall to see if this stuff is worth doing.

I now think some of my very first snow experience might have been unfavourable due to the pressure device and nozzle being used. With that in mind I would like to try Bowdens again to see if I get a different result.

The mix used here still isn't right. I think I can reduce it a bit but a 1 litre mixing bottle is on track to do 3.25 cars with 400 ml of solution. I think somewhere around the 100ml per car wash sounds reasonable which at between $50-60 for 5 litres isn't too bad. If it works.

I have to say after today I have changed my mind.

This particular brand doesn't stay on the car like others, to the point there is debate as to if its really snow. You can see in the photos that there is plenty on the ground and these photos were taken a few minutes after the application.

There is no doubt about the softening of dirt and in the case today, even tar.

The wax situation right now isn't good on this car, so I expect even better performance once decent protection goes on.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (18th June 2017)

Yes, that foam doesn't look very thick or hanging on as we saw on the Bowdens vid.
    lol, I reckon I'll be hopeless getting this right first attempt but I'll look to try it out the next wash with the Bowden gear.
    So it even softened up the tar you've picked up ? thats good.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Yes. It is that good. This stuff has won best snow foam three years straight by autoexpress U.K.

When you think about uk conditions I thought that was saying something.

i will be diluting the next mix. It's only meant to be 4% PCR.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (19th June 2017)

Great sounds good.
    I'm starting to think this is good to also do "undercar" now and then in that case.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Yes. Thinking the same thing.

You know bug and tar remover, how it dissolves the tar to the point you can see the stains moving down the paint?

Well this isnt that.

On the bonnet there was a tar spot. What this appears to do is unstick that spot from the paint. I hit the area with the K4 and was left with this black spot. When I touched it with my finger it was tar that you could move around.

Given this stuff isn't staying on the car to soak, questions need to be asked about just how strong it is and what's that doing to the wax.

That's my thought process anyway.

Its water based and all that other feel good stuff but I cant say I have ever seen anything unstick tar.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (19th June 2017),FTe217 (19th June 2017)

I found the same as you Ian, when i had my small karcher it did nothing. Since stepping up it seems to work well.

I am currently using the Mint products solution https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p...mint/snow_foam

It works well to get rid of the rubbish first. On the TS50 where the polish/wax is good, it works very well, in fact a snow and then pressure wash removes 99% of it.
    With the race car it removes all the road grime and is great for softening the wheels and also under guards. I have found that on the Ranger, if the wax isn't in good condition it wont work well.

When i first used it, i was expecting miracles, as in, to remove all the tar and bugs, but its not designed for that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TICK4D-TAS For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (19th June 2017),HSE2 (20th June 2017)

Far out Tim, that looks as if its real snow sitting on the TS !
    wow that looks effective.
    So, as I imagined, really good under wheel archs,wheels therefore calipers as well I expect.
    So you wouldn't need to use wheel spray in that case ?
    Do you notice it takes away much of your wax/finish at all ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

You can adjust the mix with the bottle, the TS one would be a little too thick, as the race car ones are near spot on i have found.

I haven't noticed it to strip the wax, it does leave a lubricated surface that you can see as it slides off, that also helps with the pressure wash.

That’s how mine comes out like Tim's, I use DP extreme foam.

I use a B.A.R KL1600a pressure washer, but not all the time do I use the pressure washer as after each use I run coolant through the system as it was explained to me to do so so that the pressure washer will last a life time, doing this is a little time consuming at times so I find it easier to just use a garden hose, until I get a proper wash bay set up at home.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
    That’s how mine comes out like Tim's, I use DP extreme foam.

I use a B.A.R KL1600a pressure washer, but not all the time do I use the pressure washer as after each use I run coolant through the system as it was explained to me to do so so that the pressure washer will last a life time, doing this is a little time consuming at times so I find it easier to just use a garden hose, until I get a proper wash bay set up at home.
    Interesting about the coolant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast