Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow foam.

Makes good sense re the coolant but tbh my little Karcher has lasted 15odd yrs and my recent say 3-4yr old big Gerni if either goes no matter just buy a Newy for they keep improving by the look of them.
    The nice solid long cord of the big Gerni is a blessing and so easy to use.
    Another nice toy lol.....
    Can't wait to make use of my first snow bomb on the sprint and tbh on the wife's Jeep - needs it's far more than the Falc lol....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (20th June 2017),Randel (21st June 2017)

With most cheaper end variety washer's you more then likely donít need to use coolant as most internal partís are plastic these days and have a certain life span anyway but where as some higher end washerís still use brass/metal internal partís such as the blade and head and this is why I was told to prolong the life of the washer it was advisable to use coolant, as when you think about it itís no different to a vehicle, especially if you donít use the washer all that often and it sitís for time with water inside.

So if you have plastic internalís (which I believe most Karcherís do now these days ) then you probably donít really need to worry about the coolant but check to see what partís are actually metal internally 1st.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

Randel (21st June 2017)

yes mate, I agree good points, just as water pumps in todays outboard motors.
    Not the same internals as once was.
    My point was purely based on costs today - as products keep being made cheaper and the throw away society that has become, if I get 5-10yrs+ for example from a $500+ purchase with much use I just buy another todays world, mind you I can get Distributer or wholesale price for most automotive based products.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

All I know about mine is the parts are plastic and water cooled I think.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Ok guys. Now starting to see a lot around the traps regarding the foam. So a couple of questions from those who have used it

• Most important, does it work.
    • Will it loosen bug stains etc and make them easier to clean.
    • How many washes do you get out of the bottle. They aren't cheap. So are they value for money or just a luxury. Keep in mind that I do like Vader to stay clean.
    • Any brand to stay away from?

Sorry about the list guys. Just want to make sure of things before succumbing to internet pressure and getting it. Looks the goods but want to make sure.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

No probs on questions Perko.
    Hey we all learn from each others experiences, this is good.
    I'm no expert at all but just as most of us, love keeping our prides in top nik.
    I had been speculative re the snow bombs/foams, like why do I need to do this, at more cost, whats the point, yaddayaddayadda.
    Having watched from the sideline for quite sometime and seeing Ian taking the plunge recently and the Bowden vid plus elsewhere comments I thought why not.
    As you may gather my cars don't get that bad, unless I take them on a run away from suburbia - then obviously front is "bugged" etcetc....so atm its surburbia specific dirt.
    I did my 1st foam bomb on Saturday, used the wife's Jeep as the "tester" (lol)...Jeep was dirty, haven't washed it in 6odd weeks. Front wheels on this car the brake dust is fugly, typical very dusty so yuk black rims.
    So got set up.
    Bombed it like they say, start from bottom so as it works longer these areas then up.
    I got the Bowdens gear the week before last, partly due to that vid Ian posted, and I suppose local and since I got Sprint alot more of my detailing gear is from them.
    Snow Blow Cannon, comes with a bonus 100ml Snow Job (that pretty much all goes in the bottle provided attached to the gun) and bought the bottle of Snow Job. Says - Very concentrated, mix to a 1:10 ratio (100mls in 1 litre) to give you 50 washes, or 1:15 (50 mls in 1 litre) if you're more of a cheap bugger
    pH neutral formula, so it's safe for regular use on quality waxes, sealants and paint protection coatings.
    Foam got to say it looks mad once "snowed" lol, nice and thick, its coverage is very good, that small bottle you use attached to your gerni does the whole car, I noticed I used it all up on the Jeep, mind you I did probably over do it. (need to learn more how to adjust the pressure and coverage of spray yet)
    Under wheel arches, heavily over the wheels.
    Once leaving it for a few minutes I decided to get my soft brush that I use for the wheels to get in between the tighter areas etc, I noticed it had softened up the brake dust ververy well, on the spokes and the corners that normally are are a bitch easily came off, I was rapted seeing this.
    What I noticed even more so after washing it down that the wheels cleaned up well where I didn't scrub behind the spokes.
    It has to soften up any other road crime in that case right.
    Having washed the foam off have to say I was impressed - as they say if you wish to give the car a light washing over go ahead. The Jeep I didn't bother.
    I sent a couple of pics to Ian for interest - if he likes can post em up.
    Then I did the Hilux, that was bad, so I did wash it down after bombing it but it came up great again.
    I did the Jeep/Hilux in 2hrs - now that for me was pretty quick - saved time imo using the snow bomb for I would have spent more time cleaning the wheels/arches.
    Ian mentioned the product he used the other day did loosen up "tar" - I'm guessing this confirms my experience the Jeep/Hilux brake dust came off easily as well.
    So thinking ahead when I do the Sprint next, this should clean up really easy, more so I'm looking forward snowing those pesky wheels and gold calipers, using my long handled soft paint brush in between spokes these wheels will be farfar easier to clean.
    So, so far I'm rating this extra cost and process.
    Should you "snow bomb" every wash ? I think thats a question maybe ? depends how dirty the car is ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Do you have a PA now Maurie?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2, and I should send a memo on how to bomb/wash the cars
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (26th June 2017)

No Snow foam

With Snow

History is a statement, the future is a question.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (26th June 2017)

Mmmmm.
    You see Ians inside of wheel.
    The Jeep I didn't go right in with my brush past halfway of rim at all, infact didn't even bother.
    I more so worked the outside spoke edges for dirt collects alot there, then just spun brush around so as to make sure both inside edges of spokes were cleaned.
    Upon gerniing everything off I wrapped to see the inside of the rim was just as Ians above pic, yes there's still dirt I can spot but the Jeeps was black from the dust now silver.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast