Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 291 to 299 of 299

Thread: Victoria: Change to emergency vehicle rules.

  1. #291
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,697
    Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    clutching at straws now. i didn't realise riding down a hill is the same as pretending its a racetrack.
    What side do you pass them?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  2. #292
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    show me one time i have defended a cyclist doing dumb stuff. just one time will do.

    you seem to not want to acknowledge that doing dumb stuff isn't unique to cyclists. posting video's of cyclists doing dumb stuff might seem innocent to you, but it just creates an even bigger divide. it may not have been your intent, but it is the outcome never the less.
    You dont explicitly defend them.

    I was just treating your posts the same way you treat mine, making stuff up where it doesn't exist.

  3. #293
    Tech Admin flappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sunny QLD
    Posts
    6,319
    Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    clutching at straws now. i didn't realise riding down a hill is the same as pretending its a racetrack.
    Come on Rob. You asked for "just one time". You may think that riding really fast in traffic down a hill on roads that may have any sort of debris on a bike with very thin and fragile tyres and almost no braking capability on good surfaces let alone bad surfaces and wearing almost no protective clothing other than a "plastic toy helmet" is not "dumb stuff" but I suspect there are a number of people in various wards of hospitals around the world who may disagree.

    You need to take a step back and not see this as a "we all hate Rob" campaign as opposed to a "not everyone sees the world the same way you do" campaign.

    From my own perspective:
    I like to drive fast. Have on many occasions driven for extended periods at over 200km/h. I believe it is safe because:
    1) I do it in places where it is legal and the roads are of an appropriate quality and there is sufficient visibility.
    2) I do it when there are no other vehicles about. When there are oncoming vehicles or I am overtaking I slow down until clear not because I might fuck up but because they may do something that gets us all into a mess.
    3) I do not do it with passengers unless they are aware that this is what is going to happen and are happy about it and NEVER with children on board.

    When I am in traffic, on crap roads or have kids on board etc on board I drive as though everyone is out to kill me, stay away from other vehicles, usually drive in the middle of the road (country thing) and expect there to be something wrong around every corner.

    Now back to the anti cyclist rant:
    I suspect I am in the majority when I say the I (we) do not care how fast or where you ride or whatever you do provided you do not expect others to change their behaviour to compensate for any danger you are creating for either yourself or others just because you think you are entitled.

    While cyclists keep pissing everyone off with the whole "entitled" attitude the situation will just get worse and worse until one day you will find that cycles are registered and banned from being ridden in certain places.

    You think this is not ever going to happen?
    When I was young trucks, semi-trailers and caravans etc could be driven anywhere at any signed speed, there were no restrictions.
    Two wheel drive vehicles could go into any bush areas or on the beaches and even over to Fraser Island etc.
    Boats and Jet skis could go anywhere.

    Now all of this has restrictions and the primary reason is that a small group of idiots pissed off the general public.
    A velocitatem terram

    Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

    GTF449 (28th July 2017),Paxton (28th July 2017),Trevor (28th July 2017)

  5. #294
    Validated User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,003
    I don't often agree with you, but I will on this occasion

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor For This Useful Post:

    flappist (28th July 2017)

  7. #295
    Rob prydey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodcroft S.A.
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    You need to take a step back and not see this as a "we all hate Rob" campaign
    Tony, its just a forum. I have broad shoulders although i really should just stop posting.

    i wonder if there are more cyclists in hospital wards, or more motorists? Same goes for the morgues. I guess its pretty obvious if you go by that measure which user group is the worst.

    you point the finger at other people's behaviour as being 'dumb' (effectively) and yet then admit to behaviour that those same wardens would also consider 'dumb'.

    i'm not here to claim cyclists are faultless. the whole time i just push the fact that no user group is any better or worse than any other. you will continue to believe that somehow one is worse which is where you and I will likely never agree simply because you are very open about your opinion of people who cycle.

  8. #296
    Tech Admin flappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sunny QLD
    Posts
    6,319
    Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    Tony, its just a forum. I have broad shoulders although i really should just stop posting.

    i wonder if there are more cyclists in hospital wards, or more motorists? Same goes for the morgues. I guess its pretty obvious if you go by that measure which user group is the worst.

    you point the finger at other people's behaviour as being 'dumb' (effectively) and yet then admit to behaviour that those same wardens would also consider 'dumb'.

    i'm not here to claim cyclists are faultless. the whole time i just push the fact that no user group is any better or worse than any other. you will continue to believe that somehow one is worse which is where you and I will likely never agree simply because you are very open about your opinion of people who cycle.
    Yes Rob this is the point exactly. I do things that others consider dumb, silly or dangerous. Hey I represented Australia at the US NFA World Championship in 1993 (basically the world machine gun shooting championships and I did pretty well). The thing is that I worked out a long time ago that doing things that piss the average person off are best done in places where the average person will not see them and do not endanger others.

    I also fly remote control helicopters. As opposed to the drone drones I do not fly near people nor do I make silly invasive movies. No one cares that my helis will possibly kill you if they hit you because no one ever sees them.

    I am no more entitled to use my MP5 in my back yard or fly a heli near a school than you are to ride like a pretend "Tour de Adelaide" yellow shirt.

    The big picture is simple. If you do not annoy people they will just leave you alone....
    A velocitatem terram

    Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

  9. #297
    Rob prydey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodcroft S.A.
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    I am no more entitled to use my MP5 in my back yard or fly a heli near a school than you are to ride like a pretend "Tour de Adelaide" yellow shirt.

    The big picture is simple. If you do not annoy people they will just leave you alone....
    you are wrong. your last statement is also very naive.


    you should stop holding a grudge against people because of how they dress as well. it eats you up.

  10. #298
    Tech Admin flappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sunny QLD
    Posts
    6,319
    Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    you are wrong. your last statement is also very naive.


    you should stop holding a grudge against people because of how they dress as well. it eats you up.
    Yep, I must be wrong as you are sitting here defending yourself against the everyone else who is pissed off with entitled cyclists.

    To paraphrase; you can lead a cyclist to logic, but you can't make them think.......
    A velocitatem terram

    Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

  11. #299
    Rob prydey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodcroft S.A.
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Yep, I must be wrong as you are sitting here defending yourself against the everyone else who is pissed off with entitled cyclists.

    To paraphrase; you can lead a cyclist to logic, but you can't make them think.......
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension
    Reading comprehension is the ability to read text, process it, and understand its meaning

    Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    i'm not here to claim cyclists are faultless. the whole time i just push the fact that no user group is any better or worse than any other. you will continue to believe that somehow one is worse which is where you and I will likely never agree simply because you are very open about your opinion of people who cycle.
    Tony, if you (and others) want to go around believing that cyclists are worse than other road users, and then treat them accordingly (you know, because they are the ones that act entitled remember), then so be it. you think i'm being illogical somehow by simply claiming all groups are as bad as each other. i think you are fitting the stereotype nicely.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •