Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria: Change to emergency vehicle rules.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    as mentioned by andrewforbes, this rule has been in SA now for at least 2-3 years, maybe more, and its not 40, its 25 here.

it has the desired effect of slowing traffic where emergency vehicles are, but no one does 25, esp in higher speed zones. don't know of 1 single person that has been pinged for it either.

no point running around saying 'the sky is falling'.
    When the 1st brought in the 40kph limit with road works here, Down from 80kph, they had a blitz on the Monash Freeway, and got a bunch of cars including some dude at 1 am in a B-double doing 75, and stopped him, fined him grounded the lot and impounded it for 30 days under the Hoon laws.

Now Im not sure about the original intention of the Hoon laws, but I bet it wasn't about some poor truckie missing a road work sign. Sure he should have slowed and deserves a fine. But the financial impact of the impounded truck would be way out of proportion with the speeding fine. true economic cost $50K plus loss of ongoing business etc.

You can be 100% sure they will hand out $277 fines on a regular basis.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (26th June 2017),FTe217 (26th June 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    When the 1st brought in the 40kph limit with road works here, Down from 80kph, they had a blitz on the Monash Freeway, and got a bunch of cars including some dude at 1 am in a B-double doing 75, and stopped him, fined him grounded the lot and impounded it for 30 days under the Hoon laws.

Now Im not sure about the original intention of the Hoon laws, but I bet it wasn't about some poor truckie missing a road work sign. Sure he should have slowed and deserves a fine. But the financial impact of the impounded truck would be way out of proportion with the speeding fine. true economic cost $50K plus loss of ongoing business etc.

You can be 100% sure they will hand out $277 fines on a regular basis.
    Guaranteed.

With new technology being spoken about as soon as a Policecar becomes stationary, say at the rear of a pulled over motorist, it will have the ability to assume the role of a fixed speed camera, just like all the other SUV's parked on the side of the road.

Then, its possible every single car going past that vehicle can be identified for breaching 40kph.

No point saying it wont happen, because it most definitely can and most likely will.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

what a bloody joke.......its just becoming so sick how much these so called govs rip us.
    Vic will soon be a no visit State - avoid so as to save your wallet being pinched.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    I think the legislation refers to 'emergency' in relation to emergency vehicles, booking someone on the side of the road is not an emergency, however a motor vehicle crash would be considered an emergency, particularly with injured people. Likewise people with a medical condition on or near a road would be considered an 'emergency'

I think people are getting a bit excited without knowing ALL the detail of the legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think the legislation refers to 'emergency' in relation to emergency vehicles, booking someone on the side of the road is not an emergency, however a motor vehicle crash would be considered an emergency, particularly with injured people. Likewise people with a medical condition on or near a road would be considered an 'emergency'

I think people are getting a bit excited without knowing ALL the detail of the legislation.
    Nope.

Victorian Police cleared that up on their FB page:

ALL Blue/Red/Magenta Flashing lights irrespective of reason.

Motorists cannot possibly determine with sufficient time and distance if the reason for the lights is an emergency or car pulled over.

What i find bizarre is no mention of yellow flashing lights for say an RACV van, road side assist, tow truck etc.

The whole premise of the change is the safety of the people standing on the side of the road.....

Obviously those people's safety isn't as important.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

hpfmnst (28th June 2017)

Remember Kaktorians, you voted for these dickheads.......
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Validated User
    You too, both the current and the previous. If you think you are going to be exempt - good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor For This Useful Post:

4Vman (27th June 2017)

Yep nothing like precedence to encourage stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    You too, both the current and the previous. If you think you are going to be exempt - good luck
    Never voted in Kaktoria ever and have actively worked against the monash nannies for several decades with quite a number of wins....
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Validated User
    I was referring to your current Government and that pearler, the Newman Government, now that was a winner - LOL

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast