Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whincup on Holden V6 Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Roland talking it up big time too:

"Holden fans wont care about V8's after they hear the V6"...

Bwahahaha!
    What a fucking tosser.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Whincup on Holden V6 Engine.

It sounds as I suspected. Reminds me of the Ford GT 3.5TT. They sound OK, but nothing close to the V8. The question remains will the majority of supporters care. If that was a Mustang out there sporting the Ford GT's power plant would I support it? I probably would, but if they go the route of the generic engine then all bets are off. I'm not sure if it's my age or not but I will always prefer the sound of the V8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    It sounds as I suspected. Reminds me of the Ford GT 3.5TT. They sound OK, but nothing close to the V8. The question remains will the majority of supporters care. If that was a Mustang out there sporting the Ford GT's power plant would I support it? I probably would, but if they go the route of the generic engine then all bets are off. I'm not sure if it's my age or not but I will always prefer the sound of the V8.

Im sure people will support them with the V6, i still supported DJR though the Sierra era even though i preferred the V8's.

Like anything, when you no longer have your preference you adopt next best.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

This comparison between the 2005 Ford GT and the current day GT really brings it home for me in the sounds department https://youtu.be/ptTlrmbgFQY

Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

This comparison between the 2005 Ford GT and the current day GT really brings it home for me in the sounds department https://youtu.be/ptTlrmbgFQY

NASCAR havent bothered moving from V8's, and they are still the most watched motorsport globally.

Im not sure what going to the V6 achieves.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (10th July 2017)

NASCAR havent bothered moving from V8's, and they are still the most watched motorsport globally.

Im not sure what going to the V6 achieves.
    Makes a better race car basically, but not necessarily a better car to watch race.

Makes a better race car basically, but not necessarily a better car to watch race.

Not really, and parity will align the performance to the rest of the field anyway.

Seems like a lot of money for next to no gain.

Not really, and parity will align the performance to the rest of the field anyway.

Seems like a lot of money for next to no gain.
    Lol, sorry I thought you were referring to the Ford GT I just posted. As for the Supercars I guess they felt it brought more relevance to today's cars and mixed things up a bit with the use of more advanced technology.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th July 2017)

They could of simply turbocharged the current v8 engine. Best of both worlds.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

Randel (10th July 2017),WASP (8th July 2017)

but the current engines are not being phased out, can still use them, so what is the drama?

I can see many Holden teams running the NFG Commodore with the V8 option, and not the V6TT
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

Futura (10th July 2017)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast