Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holden V8 not ‘guaranteed’ as HSV products questioned

Quote Originally Posted by GTF449 View Post
    If we're going to say a Prius is a halo car though you just need to look at all the celebs who were driving them. I guess what they're saying is halo cars aren't just about performance, in some cases they are about image and brand recognition.
    To get people through your showroom door you need a car that is recognisable to the general public otherwise why are they coming to you?
    Absolutely.

What Are Halo Products?

Halo products are specially developed products that feature advanced technology, capability, and are usually produced in limited quantities – typically for consumer markets and customers.

Often they are used in a product portfolio to showcase market-leading technology, advanced industrial design, enhanced customer experience, or new, advanced capability that is meant to promote the product and brand leadership of the company.

Does Prius tick all those? Absolutely. Does GT 350 Mustang tick all those? Absolutely as well.

They are called “halo” products because the concept is that the “halo” or “aura” of this type of product leadership will convey to the rest of the product line – the product line you are most likely going to buy.

In other words, the halo effect is one where the perceived positive features of a particular item extend to a broader brand. Typically, but not always, these halo products are very high priced, relative to the rest of the company’s product portfolio.

Prius, as an example while showcasing innovation was also exponentially priced V other small Toyota products.

We tend to assume automotive brands need performance Halo products, but that need not be the case.

It certainly helps your performance image if you do, but equally brands need not limit themselves to 1 halo product, especially where it gives reach into different segments.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Holden have nothing worth buying once the Commodore goes, to me Holden is the Colorado and Commodore motor company, everything else is cheap and nasty Korean bullshit.

Now if they made Silverado in RHD and it was around $70-$80K you'd have my undivided attention.

I think Holden have a good product with the Astra to, but I agree the rest is questionable. Ford aren't exactly kicking goals with its small to mid car range either so both company's have their challenges to face as the industry shifts into market globalization mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (16th July 2017)

If this new tt Opel that their touting comes in manual I'll take A look. Doesn't look like ford will have anything that's worth looking at.

At least they didn't call this new one an SS...

Due for release in 2018, the Commodore VXR boasts a naturally aspirated 3.6-litre petrol V6 engine that produces 235kW of power and 381Nm of torque, mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/568754/2...ement-revealed

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    If this new tt Opel that their touting comes in manual I'll take A look. Doesn't look like ford will have anything that's worth looking at.
    No TTV6, snails dont fit.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    No TTV6, snails dont fit.
    yeah they admitted months ago that wasn't coming
    they just like announcing it, then getting all the press and people going ohh -ahhh

then they say, nah it wont work here in australia as the turbos don't fit

typical holden bs
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (22nd July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    yeah they admitted months ago that wasn't coming
    they just like announcing it, then getting all the press and people going ohh -ahhh

then they say, nah it wont work here in australia as the turbos don't fit

typical holden bs
    I guess you can't blame people or the press for still thinking it's coming, it's almost like you have to believe the opposite with GM at times.

The press in particular have let GM off the hook time and again for false hopes and miss-information.

The clincher for me is HSV saying it's not possible, I do believe them because they do have a very good record for follow through.

At the end of the day fitting turbos to an east/west V6's is very difficult made even more difficult if the engine is mounted snuggle to the firewall.

If anything was to eventuate it would be a supercharger as that's easier to fit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (22nd July 2017)

Holden V8 not ‘guaranteed’ as HSV products questioned

So it's basically a re badge job, nothing more, or am I missing something?

If so, why are GM bothering calling these Holden's? Why don't they just call them what they are? I would have thought Opal has more brand credit than Holden as a euro offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    So it's basically a re badge job, nothing more, or am I missing something?

If so, why are Peugeot bothering calling these Holden's? Why don't they just call them what they are? I would have thought Peugeot has more brand credit than Holden as a euro offering.

Fixed for you.

It's the elephant in the room. They're letting the rusted on down slowly.....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (22nd July 2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast