Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Tickford up to now?

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Still not a fan of the logo.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (7th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I appreciate the sensitivity for some but I don't personally think it is dancing on Falcon's grave.
    I see it like a close family member paying its respects and keeping the dream alive. Alan's endorsement helps to as a past brand ambassador for Ford Racing, Falcon and Mustang. If Falcon was still here that livery would have not worked as well on a 4 door, as it does on the GT Coupe.
    Agreed - i mean he was driving a Mustang in the early years anyhow, so sort of combining parts of his history...

As Ian said - probably one of the more suitable race car liveries to transfer to a street car.. I like it.

Tickford

Has it been mentioned where Tickford are sourcing their wheels? They have a real 'Koya' look to them?

Well, I'm not really sure about it all as others.
    You see, as much as Mustang was Huge for Moff and followers at the time, even though I was a whipper snapper then as we knew it, was the Coke Moff Stang.
    PRA/Tickford couldn't do this as such because MM released the modern version Moff Stang as most of you know sometime ago SO you'd imagine in the PRA skunk works what can we offer ? and here it is........
    One thing I do agree that the livery is more suited to a Coupe but we all didn't mind Frosty's 4door Falcon Bathurst livery of the same a few years back.
    I'm sorry, all I see is a commercial decision made on selling whatever type of "tribute" for sales.
    Its a cop out but good on whoever buys one, yew driving around like a bill board but horse's for course's.
    Moff, well if someone is going to offer you some coin for use of your name so be it but tbh this has NO relevance whatsoever to one of the mightiest results in our racing history - its a cop out imo but all that matters is making bucks isn't it.
    At least the MM Coke Mustang relates due to being same model though long time down the development cycle, this is just marketing fluff for 77 over priced sales.
    Some may say something is better than nothing selling more RWD V8's - granted but I'm no fan of it, infact I see it as pretty pi$$ poor.

Whats next ? a 2015 Frosty version, oh wait, Bathurst Pepsi one, a Seto Ford Credit version and on and on
    Last edited by FTe217; 7th July 2017 at 09:20 AM.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (7th July 2017)

I forgot about that one Maurie!!

Mustang Motorsport has priced the three options packages at $59,990 base, $68,364.87 for the 485kW Roush supercharger kit and $70,589.87 for the 522kW Whipple version, all of which are addition to the $55K-plus pricetag of the latest Ford V8 coupe.
    Starting at $130K on road i wonder how many have sold?

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (7th July 2017),Futura (7th July 2017),Randel (7th July 2017),WASP (7th July 2017)

yep, and that relates - I have no problem of this "tribute", Mustang - Mustang - Falcon Coupe 1-2 Bathurst win - Mustang, GTFO.....sorry.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Geez, Maurie, your a harsh man ... lol

I don't see a cop out. Tickford are doing what Ford should, but won't. As a business owner it makes me proud to see a small private enterprise taking the lead on this. Its not like the team behind Tickford have not got the racing credit, or Ford pedigree to warrant making road going models representing the Ford race cars we know and love. For me it links two of my favourite passions.

I wont deny I would have preferred to see Ford Racing /Ford Performance take the lead on these model initiatives but they haven't, and the Falcon is dead. No point crying over it any more, it wont bring it back or get Ford back into Motorsport here in Australia again. 'It is what it is' as they say. I don't think the new Mustang is a poor substitute for a 77 Falcon Coupe. Moffat obviously feels to IMO. Sure, he would have been paid for name rights use and endorsement but I'm sure he values his reputation more than a cash grab.

I think you need to give Alan more credit that that Maurie ;-) If you don't like what Tickford have done, I can certainly accept and understand it. Calling it a cop-out however is a bit harder to stomach.
    Last edited by WASP; 7th July 2017 at 01:46 PM.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (7th July 2017),HSE2 (9th July 2017),Randel (7th July 2017)

Ford missed celebrating the 1970, 71, 73, 74 and 81 Victories too....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (7th July 2017),Futura (7th July 2017),Randel (7th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Geez, Maurie, your a harsh man ... lol

I don't see a cop out. Tickford are doing what Ford should, but won't. As a business owner it makes me proud to see a small private enterprise taking the lead on this. Its not like the team behind Tickford have not got the racing credit, or Ford pedigree to warrant making road going models representing the Ford race cars we know and love. For me it links two of my favourite passions.

I wont deny I would have preferred to see Ford Racing /Ford Performance take the lead on these model initiatives but they haven't, and the Falcon is dead. No point crying over it any more, it wont bring it back or get Ford back into Motorsport here in Australia again. 'It is what it is' as they say. I don't think the new Mustang is a poor substitute for a 77 Falcon Coupe. Moffat obviously feels to IMO. Sure, he would have been paid for name rights use and endorsement but I'm sure he values his reputation more than a cash grab.

I think you need to give Alan more credit that that Maurie ;-) If you don't like what Tickford have done, I can certainly accept and understand it. Calling it a cop-out however is a bit harder to stomach.

I'm not that hard but I'll agree a cop out is not the correct description but more so its a grey interpretation in my line of thinking.
    I don't see it the way you do for eg, imo you justify it in saying admiring a small business taking the initiative - yep as I said, nothing like making a buck
    Thats right Falcon is dead,(accepted that long long ago) and thats where the history stays protected imo.
    Just imagine the Yanks opinions if a FoA Falcon was tarted released over there in Richard Petty livery or in Shelby livery - hey we know how they reacted to G8 !
    You can't beat the original/s but to bring out something that is completely different but with similar make up come on your just charmed by the new young good looking girl that you desire might I add.
    Yes, FoA missed the boat as usual, water under the bridge and as much as I admire my no1 Ford Hero he unfortunately has sold his soul long before this one in making a quick buck - its been one of his mis givings for as long as I remember.

Just look at the MM coke effort in comparo - that works, you see the linage, there is NO linage our coupe to the Mustang but 2doors.

I'm just expressing my pov, I'm on record liking the Mustang, heck I'll probably get one sooner or later but don't sell it to me this way ffs.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (7th July 2017),WASP (7th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I forgot about that one Maurie!!

Starting at $130K on road i wonder how many have sold?

Meet one of the owners recently at a mustang show in Sydney. Apparently only three were made. Apparently there was fallen out between Moffat and Mustang Motorsport.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

4Vman (7th July 2017)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast