Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What's Tickford up to now?

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    ^^ Owned the green/orange version (not mine pictured below). At the time I didn't really appreciate its value as a John Goss Special.

I remember my 'ol mate Max McLeod overseeing the enhabcing of these on a big scale at McLeod Ford Rockdale. They were and still are the best head-turner this side of a Cobra! Came in a few different colours too. Just look at those wonderful chrome wheels!
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

383gxl (12th July 2017)

I think its fair to say Maurie most of us have a similar story or regret. But you don't know what you don't know. The difference between $6 & $7k was a a lot of money.

Speaking of Fairmont's, I remember my Dad bringing home a brand new dark blue XC Fairmont GXL with the cream interior. It was 4.1 and only a loaner while his XB Falcon 500 Wagon was being serviced but it really left an impression on me. Combine that with the 1977 Bathurst 1-2 and Mad Max movie, my automotive passion was set.
    Wasp, when my dad retired in 1976 he treated himself with a brand new Steel Blue Fairmont GXL with black interior (cloth in those days) and the 4.9 Litre V8. Optional extras, from memory included air conditioning and a tape deck. So many happy memories in that as our family car. It was always dad's dream to own a V8 and he couldn't afford such a car until his retirement payout. He only had a short retirement sadly, until health issues took him away from us too soon. Really does prove the adage "we're here for a good time, not a long time".
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (12th July 2017),Randel (12th July 2017),WASP (13th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Wasp, when my dad retired in 1976 he treated himself with a brand new Steel Blue Fairmont GXL with black interior (cloth in those days) and the 4.9 Litre V8. Optional extras, from memory included air conditioning and a tape deck. So many happy memories in that as our family car. It was always dad's dream to own a V8 and he couldn't afford such a car until his retirement payout. He only had a short retirement sadly, until health issues took him away from us too soon. Really does prove the adage "we're here for a good time, not a long time".
    You have it exactly. My memories of the fun things I have done in my cars is far more important to me than having a shiny low km show pony.

In 20 years when the grand kids ask about the cars I will be happy to tell them about doing 250km/h in NT and racing Craig Lowndes at Lakeside and many other "interesting" things I have done that will not be posted until any statute of limitations runs out.

Owning a performance car and not driving it so it will be in good condition for the next owner is like marrying a supermodel and sleeping by yourself........
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

13726548 (12th July 2017),Falco (13th July 2017),Randel (12th July 2017)

^^ Owned the green/orange version (not mine pictured below). At the time I didn't really appreciate its value as a John Goss Special.

Yep, tribute (albeit his own) to the 74 Bathurst victory.

Moff did an XC special too:

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

383gxl (12th July 2017),FTe217 (13th July 2017),WASP (13th July 2017)

I've never seen the yellow Moffat special - didn't know it existed. Looks fairly uneventful. I wonder how many he (Ford?) did?

It was very uneventful Falco - tbh I wondered why do you sell up something so mundane (typical ford half baked job) and another Why Moff do you again, proves my point over alot of his signature for a buck. In this case he should have refused.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Falco (28th July 2017)

Right. So Maurie.

It isn't as bad as you thought is it?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

please explain ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Explain what Pauline?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast