Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Utes Unveiled

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The current V8 Utes still run manufacturers engines, gearbox, front and rear suspension (i.e. live rear axle on the Falcon and independent on the Commodore), interior furniture (except drivers seat)

For the record I disagree with the whole 'pedal box' thing
    Falcon ute runs a coyote not the 5.4, Motec ECU, race brakes, race suspension, control gearbox, but in appearance much closer to "production" than these will be.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

As for the comment about mining operations, seriously you need to get our from behind your computer and look at the what the young blokes are buying (and modifying) these days,
    I sell and fit wheels and tyres to these things every day Trevor, so I reckon I know how many of these things are getting done... just dont see too many of them choosing a tyre or suspension package suited to a race track

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (7th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    I sell and fit wheels and tyres to these things every day Trevor, so I reckon I know how many of these things are getting done... just dont see too many of them choosing a tyre or suspension package suited to a race track
    And then deal with the complaints that the 4" lifted hilux with 33" mud tyres doesnt drive like it used to.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (7th July 2017)

And then deal with the complaints that the 4" lifted hilux with 33" mud tyres doesnt drive like it used to.....
    LOL, yeah try cornering hard in a lifted monster truck and i bet they fall over.

Im hoping a whole new breed of aftermarket customer evolves from these racing utes.

Lowered "road type" ute trucks.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (7th July 2017)

Validated User
    hahahahahahaha, that is how they should present them on the race track - Mickey Thompson MTZ's

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor For This Useful Post:

Randel (7th July 2017)

Randel, don't forget how many Falcodores never bought better suspension/brakes/better quality tyres etcetc.....

Yer, these tossers happy going over 2"/50mm raised heights just ask for countless more probs in time.
    Its just like people doing engine mods and soon enough the car is back in the workshop having to get this and that corrected.
    Vicious cycle for these type of customers.
    You stick with 50mm under you have NO problems - these later day ones now due to DSC etc can only now do 40mm 35mm nowadays.
    Anything more just asking for trouble.

Norm, you'd be surprised for Dual Cabs at 2" height how well they still can handle, yep anything higher not very well at all but they didn't do that for fast cornering in the first place.
    I agree, hope some 2WD performance versions come along sooner or later.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (7th July 2017)

hahahahahahaha, that is how they should present them on the race track - Mickey Thompson MTZ's
    lol - it would be more indicative of the market

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post

so, they have stripped all the furniture out - hmmmm, not sure I like that idea - should be more production based

so, they have stripped all the furniture out - hmmmm, not sure I like that idea - should be more production based
    9" diffs too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast