Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dane: Ludo isnt as aggresive as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Maybe Andrew, but it may also give some insight into the questions we all had as to why Scott and Fab where seemly just letting RB past them for position without even attempting to defend.
    It very much does that, and also possibly why PRA do the same?

The big problem i have is RBR take the opposite approach.

RBR have also dominated the championship for years.

Are the 2 Connected?

Or does RBR simply have the tools to get away with it?

Was Ludo at odds with Dane in this regard while he was winning at RBR?

We've also seen Jamie lose his hearing at Bathurst too...
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

McLaughlin rejoined from his second stop just a second behind with 26 laps to go, but was told by engineer Ludo Lacroix that they were effectively racing third-placed van Gisbergen.

Asked if he was surprised that more focus was placed on defending third than fighting Whincup for the win, Dane said it was consistent with Lacroix’s usual mandate.

“I know that Scotty and Ludo would be looking just at championship points,” said Dane.

“Ludo doesn’t think of race wins the same way that Jamie or I do, he’s only interested in the championship

“If that means that they’re not quite good enough on the day, they’ll take a second or third or whatever.

“You saw at Winton they didn’t even try to fight (when McLaughlin was struggling for speed and signalled van Gisbergen to overtake).

“I’ve seen Ludo work like that for a long, long time. It’s his style.”

There is spin on spin and major team leaders like Dane love dropping bombs in the press as expected but we can't deny that Dane knows Ludo veryvery well like any Boss does of his team.
    We shall see how it turns out in the end but just a thought for discussion/comparisons.
    We all know Dane is shroud,aggressive and wants wins first and foremost - with Ludo during his tenure they pretty much swept the floor but you can gather Dane would step in during a race and advise the Engineer WE do this or that whereas what will Storey do in comparison - does Ludo make his own calls ? does Storey step in and change his directive in a certain circumstance ? these scenarios can either win the glory on the day or best of the rest come end of season.
    Its pretty intensive from now on as expected - just as 2015 with PRA - as I've said earlier in the season, this is pretty much the last of our true Ford/holden battles as we know it due to countless things.
    So need it to be a 2017 Ford Falcon Championship - and imagine a 1-2 at Bathurst whilst at it.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (11th July 2017)

Im not sure Scott was told to defend for 2nd...

I think Dane made that up based on chatter on the radio.....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (11th July 2017)

yer just as we discussed, spin, heck any coach/team leader as said will throw bombs up - you should see how Mourinho from Man United has done this over the years and before him Alex Ferguson.....they actually make Dane a Div2 competitor regards to making use of the press.
    Nothing like stirring the opponents pot.
    I expect Storey won't counter press wise, maybe come next race weekend IF asked by a journo re Danes - thats fine but as said, will he step in making THAT decision when it counts against his Engineer under certain circumstances....obviously I have no idea how the working relationship stands.
    Maybe DK can provide some insight/feedback being he's quite involved with the team over many years.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    yer just as we discussed, spin, heck any coach/team leader as said will throw bombs up - you should see how Mourinho from Man United has done this over the years and before him Alex Ferguson.....they actually make Dane a Div2 competitor regards to making use of the press.
    Nothing like stirring the opponents pot.
    I expect Storey won't counter press wise, maybe come next race weekend IF asked by a journo re Danes - thats fine but as said, will he step in making THAT decision when it counts against his Engineer under certain circumstances....
    Story is too corporate to take on Dane that way.

He plays a straight bat and clearly the drivers are well schooled on media.

Penske even tweeted a congratulations to RBR and Jamie on sunday evening.

They are tight and classy and doubt Danes comments even raised a second thought.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (11th July 2017)

yes and that they are.
    Its just discussion, for sure why would you bother countering, as I said, only if he's asked about it.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

There is the Penske Way, and no team in the fold deviates from it. That said, this non defending directive I suspect is coming from Ludo.
    You cant expect an engineer that is renown for leaving no stone unturned to then suddenly embrace actions that appear as unnecessary risk. The two thought process and traits conflict. Someone else in the team needs to make those calls and it shouldn't be Ludo.

While Ludo is extremely talented Dane's decisive and quick decision making, and ability to assess risk made him a strong compliment for someone like Ludo.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th July 2017)

BINGO Col, you tapped onto my thinking ! bravo.
    Hence why I ask about Storey - now if he's so corporate as Norm quotes I'd have concerns.
    He is not the Boss as Dane is - this is a huge difference at hand.
    Dane can live or die by the sword, Storey would he make the call or have worries if goes pear shaped gets a talking to from above.
    An Engineer imo is a conservative so to speak - his mind thought is protect the machinery due to failure or happy to sit back and say there is always next time/week/race.
    A Dane, over rides this at times when he sees the opportunity to "strike" in fairness at risk but thats the money shot as they say.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (11th July 2017),WASP (11th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    BINGO Col, you tapped onto my thinking ! bravo.
    Had to happen sooner or later ;-)
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Hey - variety is the spice of life C
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast