Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Ford DNA.......

Family Ford DNA.......

Carrying over from another thread thought this may bring up some good ol memories we cherish from being a wee lad to todays ownership we all have due to way back then.
    I'm talking about what did your Dad or maybe Uncle, not a family friend, its got to be Family related that brought that "wow" factor and "must have one day" feeling of owning your own aussie Falcon.......
    The first real good Ford my Dad had as a company car back in the late '60's was a pristine white XR Fairmont V8 with blue interior bucket seats !
    This Falc got my eye so much I admired it many times whilst parked at home and then watching him drive off.
    I was already watching every Bathurst that I can recall back then - the Sunday Long Weekend ritual and for Dad to have one of these made me proud as punch.
    I do have a pic of this somewhere in my album archives that I'll have to go searching for.
    He may have got something else not worthy after the XR that I can't recall but the next pearl was a Bronze with cream vinyl roof LOL...XA Fairmont coupe 302 auto.
    OK, maybe not that great a colour combo - another company car that he may have not had the choice but wth it grew on me !
    We lived in a battleax block therefore having a Long driveway.
    My old man used to sit me on his lap so I learnt to steer pretty young so once I could touch the pedals he would let me drive up and down the driveway for hoots much to Mums grave concerns.
    We had a slight turn for one of the carports so smart Maurie would throw some dirt on the inside tarmac so as I could do a chirpy and gaining my first experience of power sliding used to scare the crap out of me sometimes obviously pushing the go pedal too much, how big the coupe was I thought I lost it badly sometimes lol.......
    He later got a P6 LTD in Burgundy cream interior - what a bloody cruiser that was !
    By then I had my P's and yes reluctantly he lent it to me to pick up his Mum that lived about 45min away - yes I smashed it up not 5min from her home LOL......wouldn't believe what that phone call was like and the bloody damage, even thinking about it now its near on news material that when seeing it thinking HTF did the driver do that ! - thankfully my Uncle protected me once Dad arrived.
    A moment in time I'll never forget.
    But all in all these 3 family Fords and Dads work involving being at Races/Amaroo/Oran watching Bathurst ingrained me having a Ford DNA long ago.
    I'll never forget those times and special cars even though to him they were just a means of transport I suppose being company cars.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th July 2017),HSE2 (14th July 2017),Randel (12th July 2017),WASP (15th July 2017)

I'd say my pop, my dads dad started it all. He bought a gold super persuit two door falcon (xp (I think) n from that point onwards the entire family have bought falcons, it's all my dad has ever bought,my dad n his brother use to own a Ford prefect as there first car, my dad had a sprint, gt cortina, two door falcon, xb wagon, cortina, xf, ea I did 200k's n hr in that on P's, ef, au, currently owns two xr6 utes n a 69 fastback mustang. My uncle is the same, my cousin's they were probably the ones that bought the v8 xt, xr, xw, xy's, xb panel van, wrote off a few to. Myself I have owned nothing other the a Ford, xk ute, xw, xf, xe 351(fav), current ef xr8. We all continue to own fords n spend time rebuilding them. "Once u turn blue you'll always stay true" (tm)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewforbes For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (13th July 2017),Randel (13th July 2017)

Good review mate, a true Blue blood there thats for sure.
    Wish I had a XE esp 351.

I got a flash back - another the old man had that I wonder how could I forget due to its colour was a XB 500 sedan in that metallic light purple/pinkish colour lol with white interior bucket seats OMG around '75 as a guess - another I know I have a pic or 2 to find.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Dad had company cars back in the day. When ever he changed companies he inevitably caused a change of company car policy towards Ford. The biggest was probably Roberts, although Case would have been up there as well.

Panel vans mainly, which meant standing up in the front seat with my brother.

Parents would say, "hang on for the corner"

And we survived.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (16th July 2017),4Vman (15th July 2017),FTe217 (15th July 2017),Randel (15th July 2017),WASP (15th July 2017)

Well to think back in the day for our pop's - company cars, it was either fords or oldens - the odd val might I add.
    Good ol panel vans - how cool some used to be and great work trucks - our baker always had panel vans doing home deliveries, wow to think we used to have home deliveries just for bread.
    hehe - hang on, no seat belts too ! the world is ending.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Loved the panel vans Maurie. I owned two of them, one was my first car, a XY Falcon 500 with a 250 and 4 speed. Was quite rapid for what it was and the old 4.1 sounded pretty decent with headers and twin system. The second was a personal favorite. It was a XC GS, modified 351 4 speed. Went hard, sounded awesome. At the time I was only 17 working two jobs to feed it and pay the insurance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

383gxl (16th July 2017),FTe217 (16th July 2017)

The closet Van I had was a XC 4.1 orange ute ! loved that car so much.
    Col, a panel van man, in my time those type of owners were you know - curtains in the back, mattress etc.....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Thanks Maurie, you just made my fond memory weird ..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (16th July 2017)

When the old man sold his V8 Alvis, he brought a 58 Fairlane Ranchwagon. That was the start. My first was a 54 Mainline, spew yella in colour.
    Except for one Holden Ute, it's been Fords all the way.
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    The closet Van I had was a XC 4.1 orange ute ! loved that car so much.
    Col, a panel van man, in my time those type of owners were you know - curtains in the back, mattress etc.....
    Forgot the shagpile carpet and bar
    c'mon mate, they weren't called a Shaggin Wagon for nothing
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast