Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Frosty confident of closing gap to leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    It was interesting a comment that Crompton came up with on the weekend that Mark is getting fed up with the criticism being leveled at him. Sounds like he is definitely feeling the heat from performances. I agree with Ian in that each driver has their strengths. Marks is fitness and obviously driving ability. Regardless of the other teams you don't win a championship through pure luck. Maybe where he is deficient is communication of what exactly the car is doing. Engineers can help fix the issues but if the communication is not precise then they don't know what to fix. Maybe Mark is more of a Col Trickle. "I just get in the car and drive. They told to drive and I could drive."
    The last few % has always been the ability of the driver and engineer to talk the same language, and the engineer to interpret and respond with favorable outcomes.

Getting the right Driver/Engineer pairing is everything.

Look at Walkisnhaw, they're nowhere because they can't get a setup to work with the drivers they have.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (25th August 2017)

I think the championship is getting so so competitiive, that it is now down to 100/ths of a second here and there
    and that can be hard to find
    And it costs money

Look at the once unbeatable HRT, they are almost at the level of LDM
    The series is just that competative
    Its funny people say that Frosty is over rated or lost his ability
    Yet these same people are willing to accept that JC just doesnt have the car under him
    Got me beat
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

galaxy xr8 (25th August 2017),Perko (25th August 2017),Randel (25th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    I think the championship is getting so so competitiive, that it is now down to 100/ths of a second here and there
    and that can be hard to find
    And it costs money

Look at the once unbeatable HRT, they are almost at the level of LDM
    The series is just that competative
    Its funny people say that Frosty is over rated or lost his ability
    Yet these same people are willing to accept that JC just doesnt have the car under him
    Got me beat
    JC will have lost confidence too, that will be magnifying his issues.

Professional Sport is played between the ears too, not just with your hands and feet.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    It was interesting a comment that Crompton came up with on the weekend that Mark is getting fed up with the criticism being leveled at him. Sounds like he is definitely feeling the heat from performances. I agree with Ian in that each driver has their strengths. Marks is fitness and obviously driving ability. Regardless of the other teams you don't win a championship through pure luck. Maybe where he is deficient is communication of what exactly the car is doing. Engineers can help fix the issues but if the communication is not precise then they don't know what to fix. Maybe Mark is more of a Col Trickle. "I just get in the car and drive. They told to drive and I could drive."

I wasn't in anyway having a go at defective because I think there is some justification provided it's specific an can be isolated away from car performance.

If James was to walk into any garage, even with Roland Dane in it, and say Mark is whatever, you will get a string reaction.

These guys are looking at a different set of circumstances.

Jamie winning with a partity advantage, with the best car out there, isn't lost internally as it is with the fans.

Mark cops heaps. He says what he says out of desperation to say simply it's not me. People have to remember,ver social media makes them more susceptible to first hand feedback.

It has to get to you.

In one put tour I suggested to Tim Edwards Chaz would wipe the floor with Mark from here in in.

It's just not that simple.

351 club members have been aware that the cars haven't been set up all season the same way.

Mark has had the safe option. The one they know should be good for a top 5. The game has moved on with DRJ probably coming out better in the new tyre. If history repeats T8 will come in in the second half with tyre life.

When they changed Mark to the set up that's working for chaz, he beats chaz in qualifying. First up on a track he sucks at in general again largely caused by a partity deficiency at these sort of track.

The moral here is we as fans do not have access to the correct internal information if we want to accurately talk abut who is good and who isn't. The cars are too big of an issue at diluting results.

FGX may or may not be able to match them.

This is about processes and procedures. There is a reason why T8 take half a season to come back from a performance deficit.

I strongly suspect the biggest change at DJR isn't Scott or Ludo, but the implementation of world class procedural analysis and systems.

I have spoke about this previously and got a rather cold reception so I won't bore people going over it.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (25th August 2017),Perko (25th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post

I strongly suspect the biggest change at DJR isn't Scott or Ludo, but the implementation of world class procedural analysis and systems.

I have spoke about this previously and got a rather cold reception so I won't bore people going over it.
    Absolutely.

This is where the improvement has come from.

Taking data and correctly analysing it and further to that knowing how to make an improvement.

Mark cops heaps. He says what he says out of desperation to say simply it's not me.
    Tim needs to say this not Mark.

Tim is Marks boss and he's the Engineering teams boss.

He is the only one who can point fingers without creating bad impressions.

In someways they've hung Mark out to dry letting him talk while they say nothing.

Im glad its been addressed.

Tim making a statement was forced by Mark which was forced by Mark saying I now have the same equipment and then finishing 19th.

Anything that comes from the team, well, it's possible it's not always right.

Let's say the car did fail and broke something. Do you seriously think the team would admit that?

Deception is part of it. It's a competitive advantage they are trying to get.

I take very little notice of public statements from the team.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (25th August 2017)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456