Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosty confident of closing gap to leaders

they have one left
    ut no use wasting it, till they can get all the things they want to test ready
    hey, its not that bad, all 4 pra cars were in the top 11, all fords in the top 11, so that is 6 falcon to 5 out of 18 commodores
    The pace wasn't far off, small micro windows for setup in these cars and tyres, and lap times were only tenths away from chaz who won
    So come on
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

Randel (2nd August 2017)

Validated User
    cars are relatively easy to fix - drivers ability - hmmmmm???? Remember I am a Ford fan first (although as an old bloke I am a long term DJR supporter)

I was very happy with Coulthard as a choice and even happier with McLaughlin = both very good drivers, but haven't had great cars in the past, although the Volvo's did have moments of brilliance, was that the car though or Scott's ability to drive a dog

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/08/16/...rt-set-sydney/

Mark Winterbottom will adopt a similar set-up to that of team-mate Chaz Mostert as he looks close the gap to the Supercars front runners at this weekend’s Red Rooster Sydney Super Sprint.

The 2015 Supercars champion heads to his home circuit armed with a fresh set-up direction on his Prodrive FGX Falcon.
    Winterbottom has been keen to follow the set-up on Mostert’s car having witnessed his team-mate score top five finishes in the last four races.
    Prodrive appeared to have the measure of its rivals DJR Team Penske and Triple Eight through Mostert at the Coates Hire Ipswich Super Sprint, after he claimed a victory and a second in the two races.
    Winterbottom is eager to see how the changes will translate on his car at Sydney Motorsport Park.
    ”I can’t wait to get to Sydney for my home race which is always special,” said Winterbottom.

“We’ve adopted the #55 car’s philosophy on set-up which is obviously working and our car hasn’t been as consistent.

“I’ve wanted to do it and I’ve finally got the green light for it. I can’t wait to see what it does.

“We had a good team result previously which gives me confidence and I am pretty pumped up. Feeling fit and strong and really motivated.”

Meanwhile, fresh from a victory at Queensland Raceway, Mostert aims to continue to his recent run of strong form.

Sydney Motorsport Park has proved a happy hunting ground for the he 25-year-old having recorded four of the last five poles at the circuit, plus two wins from his last five races there.
    “I am very excited to go back to SMP. I didn’t realise the stats around our previous success but the car has been pretty lit there in the past,” said Mostert.
    “This weekend is one more crack before we head into the longer races and we are eager to learn some new things, dial the car in and try and keep our strong tyre life going at a very high degradation track.
    “I am excited to see if we’ve learnt something which we can apply to the car and get another strong result.”
    The team will also welcome back Richie Stanaway as the Kiwi enduro co-driver, who will partner Cameron Waters, readies himself for his maiden Supercars solo start in the Dunlop Super2 Series.
    Stanaway is set to pilot a third Falcon alongside second-tier regulars Garry Jacobson and Josh Kean.
    “I am new to the Super2 series and I don’t really know the other drivers, or what to expect, so I will just have to focus on doing my own thing and see where I end up,” said Stanaway.
    “The best thing about being part of this team is there are so many drivers and engineers to bounce things off.
    “I really enjoyed being part of the group last year so it is great to be back again and this weekend is a great chance to hone my skills before the enduros.”
    The addition sees Prodrive running seven cars across Supercars and Super2 this weekend.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (17th August 2017)

Frosty - note to self, keep quiet and let the results talk, then you can quote this and that.
    I'll be watching from the Pits tomorrow.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

galaxy xr8 (17th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Frosty - note to self, keep quiet and let the results talk, then you can quote this and that.
    I'll be watching from the Pits tomorrow.
    That's the risk you take as a Driver when being this open about strategic and tactical things, especially wen your form isnt were you want it.

Worked wonders for Courtney and his possessed Chassis didn't it...

These statements need to come from Tim, not the drivers.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Yep, you'd think after all this time he would have learnt.
    He has seen fellow drivers live by the sword and then die by it - just as JC recent example.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Yep, you'd think after all this time he would have learnt.
    He has seen fellow drivers live by the sword and then die by it - just as JC recent example.
    This is the problem, he ends up putting more pressure on himself.

“We’ve adopted the #55 car’s philosophy on set-up which is obviously working and our car hasn’t been as consistent.

I’ve wanted to do it and I’ve finally got the green light for it. I can’t wait to see what it does."

and yet if drivers say nothing, they are condemned as being sulky, ignorant, boring
    At least he tries to give his supporters some information about what is happening

I actually applaud him for it
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

And what happen’s if the results stay the same ?, I agree with Maurie, let the results speak for themselves when they come and then relinquish how the results come about.

Wait till his form has improved and consistently and then mention “we did xx and xx and the results have favoured that”.

I’m worried that if the results are no different or worse still he goes backwards it doesn’t look good on the team as a whole, not just the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    and yet if drivers say nothing, they are condemned as being sulky, ignorant, boring
    At least he tries to give his supporters some information about what is happening

I actually applaud him for it
    There's plenty they can talk about without crystal balling.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast