Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Frosty confident of closing gap to leaders

  1. #21
    Aka Captain Slow TS50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Launceston Tasmania
    Posts
    7,205
    such as?
    talk about his wife and kids? how good the car looks in green?

    Footballers etc do it
    saying we have player x back this week who will add to our structure and we should see a good result
    its the same thing

    surely we want to know substanisial things the team is doing, otherwise i will read the womans weekly
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

  2. #22
    James. defective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    3,281
    Stick another driver in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

  3. #23
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,966
    Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    such as?
    talk about his wife and kids? how good the car looks in green?

    Footballers etc do it
    saying we have player x back this week who will add to our structure and we should see a good result
    its the same thing

    surely we want to know substanisial things the team is doing, otherwise i will read the womans weekly
    Drivers are dumb, some don't know how to say things without saying things.

    Let the "coach" discuss tactics or strategy and drivers stick to fluffy stuff.

    You don't see AFL players divulging tactics before a game.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  4. #24
    Aka Captain Slow TS50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Launceston Tasmania
    Posts
    7,205
    maybe Frosty need to learn to say nothing and just have a cheesy smile like another driver
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

  5. #25
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,966
    Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    maybe Frosty need to learn to say nothing and just have a cheesy smile like another driver
    Lowndes is media savy, knows how to say something without actually giving anything away.

    Frosty's a great bloke, comes across as very genuine, and down to earth, but IMO he's just not media coached very well.

    Refreshing in a lot of ways, but puts his foot in it too often.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  6. #26
    T3/Sprint8 FTe217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    9,986
    footballers talk ? haha gimme a break, womens weekly has to be better just for the pics I would imagine, is it still in print.
    You pick on mr colgate but imo he's a natural no matter coaching or whatever...I'm sick of it but most others are not but one important thing, he has a better resume.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

  7. #27
    7753 - 5030 HSE2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    and yet if drivers say nothing, they are condemned as being sulky, ignorant, boring
    At least he tries to give his supporters some information about what is happening

    I actually applaud him for it
    The problem with Mark is that at current rate you can't take any notice of him.

    After the last test day at Winton, it was the best test day he has ever had. Finally they have a direction and blah blah blah.

    As is tradition with PRA testing, the very next race they are in the weeds again and instead of it being a legitimate car issue, people want to make it out that he has lost ability. That's where the problem comes in.

    Frosty for whatever reason feels compared to talk to the 1% of imbeciles who actually think you can lose that much ability in a few months. Internally they have been able to see via the data what's wrong, problem is you defiantly can't talk about that.

    In all cases these drivers only able to speak about part of a situation.

    I am in the school that says Mark needs to shut up.

    When you get the runs in the board and you are asked what's changed, fine make a comment, but doing what he does, if for any reason they get the weekend wrong, it all goes to shit again.

    Of all the tracks you don't make statements on, SMP, is at the top of the PRA tree. They are generally and Mark specifically shit there. Getting these new tyres to last will be a challenge. It won't surprise me at all to see PRA back in the pack with tyre life.

    Mark has to realise it's a team sport and he needs to do the team things. This year he has caused a lot of trouble giving fans what they want to hear.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

    4Vman (19th August 2017),FTe217 (20th August 2017)

  9. #28
    James. defective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    3,281
    I'm in the school of thought that he hasn't lost that ability in the last few months, he never had it. And now everyone else is showing it to be right.
    I still think he's extremely over rated. No1 driver in one of the best teams and his results do not stack up.
    One championship is pretty poor return on the loyalty he's been shown.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

  10. #29
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,966
    Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    The problem with Mark is that at current rate you can't take any notice of him.

    After the last test day at Winton, it was the best test day he has ever had. Finally they have a direction and blah blah blah.

    As is tradition with PRA testing, the very next race they are in the weeds again and instead of it being a legitimate car issue, people want to make it out that he has lost ability. That's where the problem comes in.

    Frosty for whatever reason feels compared to talk to the 1% of imbeciles who actually think you can lose that much ability in a few months. Internally they have been able to see via the data what's wrong, problem is you defiantly can't talk about that.

    In all cases these drivers only able to speak about part of a situation.

    I am in the school that says Mark needs to shut up.

    When you get the runs in the board and you are asked what's changed, fine make a comment, but doing what he does, if for any reason they get the weekend wrong, it all goes to shit again.

    Of all the tracks you don't make statements on, SMP, is at the top of the PRA tree. They are generally and Mark specifically shit there. Getting these new tyres to last will be a challenge. It won't surprise me at all to see PRA back in the pack with tyre life.

    Mark has to realise it's a team sport and he needs to do the team things. This year he has caused a lot of trouble giving fans what they want to hear.
    100%
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  11. #30
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,958

    Frosty confident of closing gap to leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    I'm in the school of thought that he hasn't lost that ability in the last few months, he never had it. And now everyone else is showing it to be right.
    I still think he's extremely over rated. No1 driver in one of the best teams and his results do not stack up.
    One championship is pretty poor return on the loyalty he's been shown.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How does a driver consistently finish second and third in the championship for last 10+ years ( & winning one) and not have ability or be considered over rated?

    I have to admit he can be one of those frustrating drivers to watch as he's not the best at driving around issues and lets the doubters get to him. He's his own worse enemy sometimes, or at least it appears so from the outside. But to suggest he's not a capable winner or a talented driver is ludicrous. He is ( still) one of the best out there IMO. The issue is there are now 6 or more drivers capable of winning consistently, not just 2 or 3.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

    4Vman (20th August 2017),FTe217 (20th August 2017),galaxy xr8 (20th August 2017),TS50 (20th August 2017)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •