Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MY18 Mustang GT to go 0-60mph in under 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Well I don't eat meat and I'm pretty fond of trees, but I'm still a car enthusiast and would pretty upset to see Drag Mode disabled. That said I got to say Ford need be smarter about this. They keep using terms that are associated with anti-social behaviour when they could have called have positioned those features in safety way i.e. mode for maximum grip /stability etc. The Burnout mode had no hope unfortunately but the Drag mode should stay given it helps the driver control the vehicle.
    Agree.

What we're seeing is a philisophical difference between how different countrys accept or respond to marketing languages.
    What is accepted and works in the states wont here, we've been nannied....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (26th July 2017)

I love driving a good manual, but I have to say the last good manual I drove was in a Porsche. Before that the Supra. Most of the recent Falcon manuals I have driven have not been overly enjoyable if I was being honest but I have heard mostly positive things about the MY17 Mustang in N/A form. In Supercharged form however it puts optimal gearing slightly out of the window.

To get me back in a manual for Mustang it would have to be really nice to use and drive, first and foremost. Its outright pace would be important, but secondary. My current preference is auto for the daily use I am planning and the ability to share the car with my wife. This new 10 speed unit is currently a major influencing factor that discourages me from purchasing a MY17 at the moment.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Jeez, the sheer volume in F150 alone is going to guarantee a healthy supply
    of 5.0V8 and TT V6 options that front the 10AT as well..
    These engine and gearbox combo will make great projects.

Sorry Norm. Didnt realise you have already started a seperate thread. Can you please delete or merge this thread? Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

4Vman (26th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Sorry Norm. Didnt realise you have already started a seperate thread. Can you please delete or merge this thread? Thanks
    All good!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (26th July 2017)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345