Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford sued by ACCC over transmissions

Ford wouldn't have sold 70,000 Focus, Auto or Manual in 10 years....

The number plucked by the media is misleading.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Ford wouldn't have sold 70,000 Focus, Auto or Manual in 10 years....

The number plucked by the media is misleading.
    It includes fiesta and ecosport and maybe kuga.

But yes, it's just another attention grabbing headline. Can't let 'facts' get in the way.

I'm not suggesting there isn't a problem or that Ford have handled it well. Just many of the people that add their voice to the argument have never owned an affected car and will likely never own one.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    It includes fiesta and ecosport and maybe kuga.
    Add them in too, probably still wouldnt crack 70,000 lol
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Add them in too, probably still wouldnt crack 70,000 lol
    That's only 3-4000 each model per year over 5 years. I still think it's total sales not affected cars. The media probably don't even know exactly what the problem is or which cars it affects.

That's only 3-4000 each model per year over 5 years. I still think it's total sales not affected cars. The media probably don't even know exactly what the problem is or which cars it affects.
    The ACCC comment went something like "upto half the cars in question had at least 1 service event".

My Fiesta hasn't really played up, but still if I wanted to sell it who is ever going to believe that? really the only option is going to be drive it till its dead, there won't any residual value to offset the cost of moving to something else

Wouldn't this confirm that Ford are actually working with the owners to reach an outcome and contradict stories that Ford turn a blind eye?

Sure, it's not a great situation and I'm sure there are many annoyed owners but i don't believe it's as bad as the 70000 figure. I reckon that number would be total sales, not just the dry clutch powershift models.

I don't think this action will get anywhere.
    Changing the transmission every service isnt solving the problem, its merely buying Ford time until the warranty runs out and they say 'too bad so sad'

Quote Originally Posted by Archilino View Post
    Changing the transmission every service isnt solving the problem, its merely buying Ford time until the warranty runs out and they say 'too bad so sad'
    they aren't doing nothing though, are they? i didn't say it was a solution, but at least they are working with the owner.

as for the warranty part, if you can prove the problem existed prior to the warranty period ending, then it is still covered.

Like i said, i'm not saying there isn't a problem. i personally wouldn't buy a 2011-2016 auto petrol focus and wouldn't feel comfortable recommending any of these cars to other people due to this issue. i'm glad they went back to a conventional auto. i've driven a powershift fiesta and while it didn't have the issues that are plaguing many others, its certainly no ZF thats for sure. I've driven a wet clutch version of the powershift in a diesel mondeo, and that was brilliant.

they aren't doing nothing though, are they? i didn't say it was a solution, but at least they are working with the owner.
    They eventually started working with the owner. At the start they denied the problem...actually it was a software update to fix it.

Otherwise they were charging customers 5k if they wanted it 'fixed'.

Then the real bullshit started with it how you drive the car.

There was a problem they fucked this up in the proper ford way. They have ruined another model and segment. They're lucky they have ranger....but i can see they'll ruin that at well.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    They're lucky they have ranger....but i can see they'll ruin that at well.
    Incredibly good point. FoA need to be all over Ranger. They are incredibly vulnerable to either Ranger having issues or or a competitor crashing that market segment.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast