Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Report: Camaro and Corvette for Oz

I think there maybe an element too that Ford think people wont really know about MY18 either.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I would expect most if not all pony buyers sure would look at the US website for fun in wetting their appetite.
    If FoA think as such lol......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yep.

The reason, i believe for MY18 hitting our showrooms in Q3 2018 is the need to move the MY17's that have been ordered based on forecast.

The MY17's coming between now and Nov, based on current and forecast sales will last approx 9 months i.e till August 18 give or take.

Who knows what goes on in the background, FoNA may have forced us to take x quantity of MY17's in one hit because of retooling in Sept for MY18.

Given the 8-12 week lag between completion in the US and arrival into dealers here they may do a bulk run at the end of MY17 production this month just for us.

There may be $$ incentives for foA to take them based on volume too.
    I've heard that Ford has taken a shift out of the plant and they're back on a single shift,
    Last month US mustang sales were just over 6,000... no way they need to keep making 16,000 of them.

I think it's great that we finally have Mustang inventory, perhaps the next step is a few more Mustangs
    actually at dealerships and let the sales staff go to work on walk ins..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (2nd August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Have Ford fans really embraced Mustang yet? I think some have, i think the others may come around eventually?
    I think the true blue fans are coming around to Mustang, but in many cases there's buyer fatigue so many potential Mustang spots have been filled by GFT / Sprint etc. Taking many out of the market for a few years.

The Mustang buyers I know in fact were not Ford buyers but the movie star status of the Stang has brought them across. So FoA might see a resurgence of Stang sales once the True Blues have topped up their bank accounts.

As for 4 door Performance cars. They are going the way of SRT Jeep, GLC43 etc,
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    I've heard that Ford has taken a shift out of the plant and they're back on a single shift,
    Last month US mustang sales were just over 6,000... no way they need to keep making 16,000 of them.

I think it's great that we finally have Mustang inventory, perhaps the next step is a few more Mustangs
    actually at dealerships and let the sales staff go to work on walk ins..
    They already are. 2 dealerships near me have 5 - 10 cars on display. Its a big change from the 1 demo they had months ago.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    They already are. 2 dealerships near me have 5 - 10 cars on display. Its a big change from the 1 demo they had months ago.
    There's heaps everywhere.

1472 FM Mustangs on carsales alone, 1243 of which are either new or demo, 951 GT's and 292 Turbo's.

That's an average of 8 per dealer in stock or on average 3 months stock.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    There's heaps everywhere.

1472 FM Mustangs on carsales alone, 1243 of which are either new or demo, 951 GT's and 292 Turbo's.

That's an average of 8 per dealer in stock or on average 3 months stock.
    Keeping in mind not all cars are on carsales either.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

4Vman (3rd August 2017)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456