Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Camaro and Corvette for Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Have Ford fans really embraced Mustang yet? I think some have, i think the others may come around eventually?
    I am slowly coming around to the Mustang, I was never really a fan as such, I acknowledged it’s credential’s and what not but in reality it was never going to fit my need’s being a two door.

But having said that when I was at the dealership today I had a good look over a nice White GT with faded stripes and I can now finally admit that I could have one parked in my garage happily, over all the Mustang look’s very appealing and I am a fan.

Still doesn’t fit my lifestyle but one day who knows !!.

Report: Camaro and Corvette for Oz

I think many Ford performance car enthusiasts have embraced Mustang but I still meet ford fans who haven't. The main complaint is the suggestion that the Mustang GT is inferior in quality and engine performance. Oddly, being a smaller 2 door doesn't seem to be a huge concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I think many Ford performance car enthusiasts have embraced Mustang but I still meet ford fans who haven't. The main complaint is the suggestion that the Mustang GT is inferior in quality and engine performance. Oddly, being a smaller 2 door doesn't seem to be a huge concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the biggest adoption issue is people feeling Mustang has been forced on them as a replacement for Falcon.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    It will never have the broad appeal of performance Falcon, but it has been embraced and reached a new demographic.

500 sales a month is VERY good for a Coupe.
    500 sales...so about the same as Fgx.

Validated User
    I think the biggest adoption issue is people feeling Mustang has been forced on them as a replacement for Falcon.
    Forced?
    More like a lifeboat considering the very limited allocation...

Ford is very sneakily drip feeding details on 2018's performance to entice existing owners to trade up
    to the new 10-speed auto and increased power and better suspension packages. The only issue I have
    is the big delay in getting those units into Australia, Ford has a golden opportunity to press on with
    more mustang sales but now we have a near nine month gap coming,,,,incredibly bad planning.

and still, Ford sees no market for a TTV6 Mondeo.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

WASP (30th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Forced?
    More like a lifeboat considering the very limited allocation...

Ford is very sneakily drip feeding details on 2018's performance to entice existing owners to trade up
    to the new 10-speed auto and increased power and better suspension packages. The only issue I have
    is the big delay in getting those units into Australia, Ford has a golden opportunity to press on with
    more mustang sales but now we have a near nine month gap coming,,,,incredibly bad planning.

and still, Ford sees no market for a TTV6 Mondeo.....
    The tease of MY18 will work against FoA, they have a large allocation of MY17's coming before year end to tide us over till Sept but people may hold off for MY18 given the extra features and performance.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (30th July 2017)

It will never have the broad appeal of performance Falcon, but it has been embraced and reached a new demographic.

500 sales a month is VERY good for a Coupe.
    It was very noticeabLe at afd how well it's been embraced. The roush mustangs copped a lot of attention too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

I have to admit, I would prefer a MY18 model, but I'm not adverse to the MY17 if the deal and car options where significant. I'm also curious as to what Ford will do with the GT500 and if a right hand drive version will be made.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Validated User
    The tease of MY18 will work against FoA, they have a large allocation of MY17's coming before year end to tide us over till Sept but people may hold off for MY18 given the extra features and performance.
    That extra allocation is arriving now to clear back orders, that's why we're getting 1200/mth
    and once the plant switches in October, there's no more '17s being produced.

my contact over there tells me that Job 1 is mid october and that RHD and LHD production
    will commence together as now with every tenth car being a RHD

PS,
    current total production at FRAP is approx 16000/mth so the RHDs are around 1600-1800 per month.
    Given the amounts split between us and Europe (UK), I'd say we'll run out around November...

I just wish Ford would realise just how many performance buyers are actually in our country
    and how many are prepared to give new products a go and stop worrying about those who are
    still grieving over the loss of our own performance sedans...
    Last edited by jpd80; 31st July 2017 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    That extra allocation is arriving now to clear back orders, that's why we're getting 1200/mth
    and once the plant switches in October, there's no more '17s being produced.

my contact over there tells me that Job 1 is mid october and that RHD and LHD production
    will commence together as now with evert tenth car being a RHD
    There are very few back orders now, they have over 1200 new cars in stock.

If you want a new mustang chances are the exact combo you want already exists in multiples in Australia.

I'm told another 5000 units have been forward ordered based on sales history/demand, due ere nov/dec to tide the dealers over till Sept 18.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast