Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Camaro and Corvette for Oz

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    There are very few back orders now, they have over 1200 new cars in stock.

If you want a new mustang chances are the exact combo you want already exists in multiples in Australia.

I'm told another 5000 units have been forward ordered based on sales history/demand, due ere nov/dec to tide the dealers over till Sept 18.
    Wow, great if true but I'm wondering if they continue producing the '17s as RHDs to use up superseded
    stock..Maybe it's just the LHDs that are switching in October...

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Wow, great if true but I'm wondering if they continue producing the '17s as RHDs to use up superseded
    stock..Maybe it's just the LHDs that are switching in October...
    Id be very surprised if they built MY17 beside MY18, in fact if they did that and forced us to take MY17 for 9 months longer then LHD markets that would be a disgrace.

Dealers have resigned themselves to a 9 month gap and moving MY17 in its place.....

They may build RHD MY18 from October, but they're not coming here.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    That extra allocation is arriving now to clear back orders, that's why we're getting 1200/mth
    and once the plant switches in October, there's no more '17s being produced.

my contact over there tells me that Job 1 is mid october and that RHD and LHD production
    will commence together as now with every tenth car being a RHD

PS,
    current total production at FRAP is approx 16000/mth so the RHDs are around 1600-1800 per month.
    Given the amounts split between us and Europe (UK), I'd say we'll run out around November...

I just wish Ford would realise just how many performance buyers are actually in our country
    and how many are prepared to give new products a go and stop worrying about those who are
    still grieving over the loss of our own performance sedans...
    Back orders are done.

Ford has been bringing in a lot more MY17's lately and are even stock piling them at the old Falcon plant at Broad Meddows
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4 (waiting patiently for Raptor).
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

Validated User
    Id be very surprised if they built MY17 beside MY18, in fact if they did that and forced us to take MY17 for 9 months longer then LHD markets that would be a disgrace.

Dealers have resigned themselves to a 9 month gap and moving MY17 in its place.....

Why would they. May aswell supply us MY18. I'm not sure what the hold up is, or whether they are just expecting big consumption locally.
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

I believe Ford have now allowed staff to lease them too.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I believe Ford have now allowed staff to lease them too.
    They been leasing them for a while.

If they are going to b building RHD from day 1, why are you so sure there will be the 9 month gap?
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    If they are going to b building RHD from day 1, why are you so sure there will be the 9 month gap?
    It's not just me, media and the dealers are reporting it.

Even Ford themselves say Q3 18.

It's not just me, media and the dealers are reporting it.

Even Ford themselves say Q3 18.
    doesn't seem to make much sense, if they are making 1600 rhd cars a month, and Australia has been the best rhd market
    media I never believe, they like to try and make the news not report it

and dealers have always been known for their lack of knowledge in what is coming
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    doesn't seem to make much sense, if they are making 1600 rhd cars a month, and Australia has been the best rhd market
    media I never believe, they like to try and make the news not report it

and dealers have always been known for their lack of knowledge in what is coming
    Why are they stock piling them at Broadmeddows then? Dealers have been given notice because they cant see what isn't coming.
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast