Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hume City Council to use aggressive road surfaces to slow hoons.

Hume City Council to use aggressive road surfaces to slow hoons.

http://www.motoring.com.au/hoons-on-...ampaign=buffer

New road surface spray "makes it difficult" to spin tyres; will destroy them if they do so

The days of hoon drivers doing dirty big burnouts and lurid doughnuts on public roads could be a thing of the past if a new spray-on technology lives up to claims.

The Hume City Council has applied a new spray sealant to a number of roads in a bid to reduce hooning in the Victorian region.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

This better not be that 'stone mastic' shit.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    This better not be that 'stone mastic' shit.
    Its just coarse spray aggregate, the type every main road in Tassie is covered with.

Cheaper to apply than hotmix Bitumen too...
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Its just coarse spray aggregate, the type every main road in Tassie is covered with.

Cheaper to apply than hotmix Bitumen too...
    is that why our roads are so shit these days?
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    is that why our roads are so shit these days?
    Its one of the things i've noticed most.

You guys are obsessed with aggregate over spray, and very little in the way of removal of loose material too.

Just let the cars roll it in and disperse it off the side over time..

I know exactly why you guys get gravel damage.

There is an Aust STD for road prep:

http://www.ccaa.com.au/imis_prod/doc...inous%20LR.pdf

And the association guidelines:

https://www.aapa.asn.au/wp-content/u...-aggregate.pdf

not sure anyone in Tassie follows them....

Roads have been like this in Wait Awhile for decades, especially in country areas because 1) its cheaper and 2) it wears harder which is important for rural shires that have a lot of heavy haulage routes (so, all of them basically) as the trucks don't smash it up as often

Yes we get lots of stone chip damage to paint and windscreens over here but they're supposed to remove the excess once the layer has settled.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Roads have been like this in Wait Awhile for decades, especially in country areas because 1) its cheaper and 2) it wears harder which is important for rural shires that have a lot of heavy haulage routes (so, all of them basically) as the trucks don't smash it up as often

Yes we get lots of stone chip damage to paint and windscreens over here but they're supposed to remove the excess once the layer has settled.
    They do it here too but they seem to either use more spray binder or more effort to roll and remove lose aggregate afterwards.

Validated User
    Lookout anyone who owns a sprint....
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4 (waiting patiently for Raptor).
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (2nd August 2017)

Validated User
    The manager of our local council works lived 2 doors up from us, we have a idiots doing burnouts - nek minnit we have council trucks come through and put down tar then spread coarse rocks, probably 10mm - that stopped the bastards in their tracks - LOL

Yes in my (slightly) younger day when I used to drop skids everywhere in my ex-cop VT, the coarse chip bitumen used to cane the shit out of the tyres

FMD I loved thrashing that thing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

Randel (4th August 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast