Thread: NSW Police enter WTAC with GT-F Patrol car.

NSW Police enter WTAC with GT-F Patrol car.

http://www.worldtimeattack.com/index...er-flying-500/

Don’t bother restarting your computer or heading down to Specsavers, you just read it correctly! The NSW Highway Patrol have entered a car in the Turbosmart Flying 500 and it’s not just any old squad car. It’s a heavily modified, supercharged 600kw (800hp) monster that has been tuned by Australian racing legend Dick Johnson. And just to make sure they have their best chance at taking down Australia’s fastest street cars they will be handing the keys to Dick Johnson himself to handle the driving duties!

This particular car was one of the last Falcon FPV GTF sedans to roll off the assembly line and was funded by the NSW Centre for Road Safety several years ago but has only ever really been used for static displays at various events around the country in an effort to showcase the latest police technology in an effort to curb the ever increasing road toll.

“This truly is an amazing gesture by the NSW Highway Patrol and apart from putting on a fantastic show for everyone and giving the fastest street cars in the country a chance to take on the boys in blue, there is another side to this.” said Superlap CEO Ian Baker “The real message here is there is a time and a place for everything. And if you want to drive at high speeds, this is the place to do it. In a safe controlled environment such as a race track or drag strip. Not on the street.”

“We have worked closely with the NSW Police over the years to ensure our event runs smoothly every year and in fact several of their officers have competed in Clubsprint Class many times. This year the NSW Highway Patrol will also have a unique display in the StylizeD show area that will showcase some of their special interest vintage fleet from a by-gone era and a bunch of other cool things.”

“And I have to say, it will also be pretty damn cool to see the legendary Dick Johnson strapping on a helmet again. ”

So if you haven’t got your tickets yet, here is just one more reason not to miss WTAC 2017!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

It's fantantasic that all these opportunities are still finding their way to DJ.

Even though it's a Herrod tune it great to see DJ behind the wheel speaking the message that speed doesn't kill.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (7th August 2017)

Well, nothing like milking it to the last seed or bit of juice re marketing.
    DJ at pensioner age - seriously I find this amusing but I suppose in this day retirement age has lifted, maybe a comeback for some of yesterdays legends in supercars.
    2lap sprint race making sure oxygen tanks and ambos at the ready upon finish.
    OK, on subject, good to see the F still getting some press time.
    Time trial is a rolling start right ? one lap of SMP ?
    DJ's reflex's ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

The main motoring publications have realized Australian made performance gets attention.

Has anyone else noticed the amount of recycling going on?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (8th August 2017),WASP (7th August 2017)

I don't think Falcon is ever going to die.

Nothing seems to get them clicks more than the locals.

Mustang and Ranger get Ford plenty of clicks.

We actually need camaro to come here. Mustang needs some competition and with that the red v blue passion will continue.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (7th August 2017)

Have driven that car. It needs some kind of drag radial on it.

It is not slow.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bricktop For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th August 2017),Futura (8th August 2017),HSE2 (9th August 2017)

I did have the thought can it get the power to the ground.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.