Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Focus RS Limited Edition announced.

Haven't noticed that in Sydney, not that you see them much in any case.
    One thing is for sure, both Sprint and RS are not dailys for many it seems up here.

Back on it, I still don't get dropping it more so for EU.
    The amount on Ford hatchs that have been sold over the years would be pretty damn good, all those years in WRC count for nothing as has happened here.
    This has to be the long term look for Pony imo performance wise unless I'm way off the ball park.
    Renault,Pugs,Golfs,MB etc will be rejoicing in this segment.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Futura (11th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Haven't noticed that in Sydney, not that you see them much in any case.
    One thing is for sure, both Sprint and RS are not dailys for many it seems up here.

Back on it, I still don't get dropping it more so for EU.
    The amount on Ford hatchs that have been sold over the years would be pretty damn good, all those years in WRC count for nothing as has happened here.
    This has to be the long term look for Pony imo performance wise unless I'm way off the ball park.
    Renault,Pugs,Golfs,MB etc will be rejoicing in this segment.
    Given how few RS's have been imported even if they were all Daily drivers you'd rarely see one.

Same goes with Sprint to a lesser degree, numbers sold just arent high enough for regular visibility.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I really don't understand why RS is finishing up.

It makes no sense.

2023/4 makes even less sense for an update.
    It is Bizarre. The development work is done. Just build the things and get your money back. Even if its a relatively low number per annum.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

Randel (13th August 2017)

Can shed some light on this since there is some confusion as to why production is ending. Basically a new-generation Ford Focus is coming next year so the factories will all be retooled to make that and won't be able to make the RS any more.

As for the next one, word from inside Ford is that if you look at the previous generation RSs they've come along towards the end of the life cycle (current Focus came out in 2011 and RS appeared early 2016) and that's likely to continue. New Focus in 2018 + five years = 2023.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Motor Magazine For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th August 2017),FTe217 (14th August 2017),HSE2 (14th August 2017)

yes makes complete sense thankyou but what a future performance business plan for a model.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

There was an interview by one of the UK publications last year on this issue of RS coming at the end of a product cycle and they asked Ford why they were doing that.

From memory what was said suggested it was a trend they were looking to adjust in the new car but this was printed by a media outlet and online so it's probably wrong.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Ford do the same with GT350/500

From a brand perspective it kills momentum and image to treat your performance products as short run specials.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12