Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Govt shelves plans to loosed import laws.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    are the cars in general cheaper in NZ ? being the grey imports etc ?
    Jap stuff, yes cheaper and much more variety.
    Falcon and commodores are more expensive than here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (20th August 2017)

Validated User
    I think the Government should adopt a policy of "use it or lose it exclusivity" for importers.

If Ford for arguments sake, chooses to not import a certain high series Mustang like GT350 or GT500,
    then importers should be free to parallel import those models, but not the mainstream Ecoboost or GT.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

GTF449 (29th August 2017),Randel (26th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    I think the Government should adopt a policy of "use it or lose it exclusivity" for importers.

If Ford for arguments sake, chooses to not import a certain high series Mustang like GT350 or GT500,
    then importers should be free to parallel import those models, but not the mainstream Ecoboost or GT.
    That's a fair idea, but basically already happens. Performax and the others already import models that ford and Gm choose not to build in rhd and import.

Where it's hard is when the govt decides to put such tight limits on who can do the importing, or who can do the compliancing. I remember reading in car mags when I was back home that their was only one or two companies on the east coast that were allowed to comply gtir pulsars resulting in 10-12k costs just to comply them.
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    That's a fair idea, but basically already happens. Performax and the others already import models that ford and Gm choose not to build in rhd and import.

Where it's hard is when the govt decides to put such tight limits on who can do the importing, or who can do the compliancing. I remember reading in car mags when I was back home that their was only one or two companies on the east coast that were allowed to comply gtir pulsars resulting in 10-12k costs just to comply them.
    I thought that all current model Mustangs were banned form being imported, even the GT350 and GT350R.

but if what you say is true, then perhaps in time we might see a few here on our shores, the big fly in the
    ointment is the restricted number of compliabnce approved converters, that definitly acts against any sort
    of competitive pricing.

You could be right, the only roush and Shelby ones I've seen were done here in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12