Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Suspension recommendations

  1. #21
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,696
    Measure the gap from the guard lip to the rear axle centreline.

    I've got the factory specs.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  2. #22
    Rob prydey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodcroft S.A.
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Measure the gap from the guard lip to the rear axle centreline.

    I've got the factory specs.
    as per my last post, centre of hub to guard is 370mm, give or take. hard to be mm perfect.

  3. #23
    Rob prydey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodcroft S.A.
    Posts
    3,748
    if it has sagged, which no doubt it has, i don't really want to put factory height springs back in as the height front to rear is good (sill panel is level with ground front to rear. don't like the slightly forward rake look). clearly the front springs have probably sagged some as well, but the ride is good and handling isn't an issue with how i use my car.

    not sure if its still the case, but kings used to make a range of spring heights, not just the standard 3 stages of low, super low and SSL. Been a long time since i looked at suspension.

  4. #24
    James. defective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    3,219
    I think kings still do custom heights, you just need to go through one of their agents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

    prydey (27th August 2017)

  6. #25
    T3/Sprint8 FTe217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    if it has sagged, which no doubt it has, i don't really want to put factory height springs back in as the height front to rear is good (sill panel is level with ground front to rear. don't like the slightly forward rake look). clearly the front springs have probably sagged some as well, but the ride is good and handling isn't an issue with how i use my car.

    not sure if its still the case, but kings used to make a range of spring heights, not just the standard 3 stages of low, super low and SSL. Been a long time since i looked at suspension.
    Kings make countless heights for a customer, custom order and you pay more naturally.
    Can't see the point for this situation But if you get in contact with them to advise what your after they may have another part number from another application that may give you the desired result your after, once Norm has quoted the factory ride height spec But I expect Kings would know this anyway.
    So your wishing to retain a flat sill line for stance - haha, typical customers, compramise is hard to achieve.
    The ride is good ? yer I know for the shocks are cactus rides like a couch. The oil viscosity is gone, mixing with the air inside the tube therefore "foaming", nice smooth ride but shocks really not working to optimum.
    This is the perfect scenario of a road test comparo - comparing a nice low k same FG as yours under 60thou k's - guarantee yours does not handle as well as it should and its braking distance in emergency has increased, just saying.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

    WASP (28th August 2017)

  8. #26
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,834

    Suspension recommendations

    All springs sag after a while. My Kings have done 120k and the front has sagged, (the back has gone up!) Looks like a Hot Wheels car.

    Last edited by WASP; 28th August 2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

  9. #27
    Rob prydey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Woodcroft S.A.
    Posts
    3,748
    no doubt all cars sag, but mine wouldn't be very much in the time i've owned it. My carport goes through to my pergola, which is a bit of a step up. My front spoiler just noses over this split level, with about 10-20mm clearance, and that is still the same today as the day i brought it home. It wouldn't have to sag much and it would scrape, and it doesn't scrape.

  10. #28
    James. defective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    3,219
    Although if your rear has sagged more than the front, which is quite possible considering you tow, the front may actually sit artificially high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

    Randel (1st September 2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •