Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Double down. F.E.N.A test the auto GT Mustang

Ok that's not what it shows up as on the PC. Something has occurred in the loading to youtube.

I will have to look at what's gone wrong.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Pretty darn good first up vid Ian as mentioned.
    I like this way just as the pod casts we've been starting to get into.
    More hands on and real instead of reading print reviews.
    The shadows and wind issue though not a preally bad point you just got to hope for a spot on day and or find an area that is more protected from the wind.
    Look forward to the next.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

You are too kind. No really. Its shit and not good enough

On the converted video for loading you can see everything including the lcd readings. Its a trial version of editing software as the stuff I have was too hard for me to work out how to use it.

It loaded up too quickly on to youtube and there isn't the HD options. Its recorded in 4 k I think so I am not sure if that's the issue or not.

There was next to no wind. With the benefit of having seen the interior videos something is wrong with the sound. Its picking up basically jacket movement and my voice just fades in and out.

Really disappointed with this go pro. The connection door fell off n my hands.

It wont connect to the PC easily and now it refusing to take an update.

The interior vide is way worse than this ne due to sun glare. It was ok in the car but on the lens its unacceptable. Usually that can be adjusted but I will need to have a look at editing packages and research what I need to do.

An external mic and wind sock will be a must

However. What I wanted to demonstrate is that the quality check is pretty much that easy and that's about the time spent. Nothing special was done and to be honest defects really need to stand out to warrant a mention.

There is nothing on this car that you wont find on most cars and that's what I wanted you guys to see.

Its context. What did I look at< how did I look at it, in what conditions did I look at it and how did I rate it. You can see it all.

Its based on a test drive situation and what reasonable for consumers to look at and under what conditions.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (30th August 2017),WASP (30th August 2017)

too kind, maybe so but I'm not fussed of perfection first up you analist hehe....
    It was ok.
    yer yer get it perfect but that cost more right - your go pro isn't good enough for starters your saying.
    How far you gonna go.
    You demonstrated well enough, the rear bar was crap, as Colville mentions we've had similar in our Falcons for yonks as well.
    Plastic to metal paint comparo has always and will always be a different finish......
    Don't forget it comes down also how much time you have doing your own pre inspections, in sunlight in shade, in the garage under good lighting brings out another realm but by then its too late you've handed over your hard earned
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

when you watched the video did you use a PC and full screen and set to HD?

With regards to the boot release, would a slimline number plate help that issue at all ?.

Yes with out question and that's exactly what you would have to do

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    too kind, maybe so but I'm not fussed of perfection first up you analist hehe....
    It was ok.
    yer yer get it perfect but that cost more right - your go pro isn't good enough for starters your saying.
    How far you gonna go.
    You demonstrated well enough, the rear bar was crap, as Colville mentions we've had similar in our Falcons for yonks as well.
    Plastic to metal paint comparo has always and will always be a different finish......
    Don't forget it comes down also how much time you have doing your own pre inspections, in sunlight in shade, in the garage under good lighting brings out another realm but by then its too late you've handed over your hard earned

No I am saying this particular unit is doing weird stuff.

Or I thought it was.

The camera itself is fine, but after spending another day shooting Sprint footage that's basically unusable I went searching for problems.

1. It doesn't have the latest firmware update and it won't download it. This appears to be a common problem and requires you to do a manual install via a card reader I don't have. = not good enough.

2. It shouldn't have been picking up that much wind noise. You haven't seen the interior videos yet but the noise is worse and that's picking up my movements.

3. My voice when inside the car is horrible. It's fading out to the point of unusable.

Research has discovered its not the camera but the case. The mic slots are covered by the mounting case which I use all the time. I had not realised this. It's all over YouTube.

So I now know why the sound is so bad in the later videos and why it's picking up higher noise levels than what's in the car.

It was very evident in Tickfords mustang and in lthe last couple of Sprint days.

Not sure what to do with the videos I have.

On the lighting, specifically not being able to read the LCD screen, on the native video I can easily. The shadows that are there aren't huge and that's how it was in real life. Certainly not to the extent I can't see detail.

For me, watching full screen and setting YouTube to highest HD goes some way to helping but something has occurred with the upload. Because it's trial software I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't part of the issue and it limits some scaling or something.

So new editing software is required or I research the go pro stuff to see what I am doing wrong.

This video is ok to set context.

As you can see it's not really an in depth look at quality.

Doing the same thing to one other car saw me stop counting defects at 20 ish. Same time, same focus, same sort of lighting.

In all the cars I have owned, not all defects were picked up at the dealership. That's what warranty is for and provided you do those detailed checks with in a few days of delivery you are normally ok.
    In this case no it doesn't come down to how much time taken in inspection because you can see that in the video. For the purposes of reviewing, that's all the time, care and effort I am taking.

I got the impression people thought I was trying to pull the mustang to pieces.

This isn't true. It's not much more than a walk around at diferenet distances. It has to be obvious and it's the same for every car I have reviewed.

Heading into paint correction territory comes later and is far more involved.
    Never done this with a review but as consumer advice goes, some consideration being given to no pre delivery on the paint side is worth considering.

Sun or natural light with shadows is what you get day to day.
    It's this time when you are admiring your car something can catch your eye.

So the two key points I wanted to bring up here is the quality check in order to state an opinion in a review isn't in depth and has substantial opportunity to miss paint defects. No media outlet I am aware of handwashes a car for this purpose but at the same time I don't think they are testing or looking for this as we consumers do.

It's the value of a consumer based review. More representative but not completely anal at the same time.

The other point is that while some issues were uncovered using this method, they are in my opinion normal.

Paint match on plastic showed up on camera as it did in real life so it gets the comment that yes some people don't like it but it's pretty much the industry standard. If this bothers you, some colours are worse than others.

Make colour choice on this issue a consideration. Silver is nearly always a good colour to avoid.

All of the others issue can happen to any car from any manufacturer. I felt Fords car was very similar to this standard wise and why we didn't say much which surprised some people who thought I would rubbish the car on these grounds.

I had a quality opinion going in because Ford made it easy for me to see it.

What to do with the rest of the videos.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (31st August 2017)

Share them Ian. If for no other reason other to test trail your content approach and obtain feedback.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we understand the videos may not perfect, or in keeping with your expectations but the feedback can be used to shape future content experiences. Not to mention, I for one would like to see them.

If it really bothers you make the thread private but I don't recommend it. Your review is authentic and any potential serious Mustang buyer will appreciate it for what it is, not the quality of the footage.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

yep agree C.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast