Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Report.....

Aftermarket Report.....

Thought this may be of interest for some........
    Has some good facts from not the usual sources and bit more detail.
    Maybe brings up some discussion.
    https://www.aaaa.com.au/wp-content/u...eport_LR-2.pdf
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

flappist (29th August 2017),TS50 (31st August 2017)

Interesting read, thanks for posting it
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (30th August 2017)

Despite Holden’s weakening sales figures, new marketing director, Mark Harland, is aiming for 10 per cent market share for
    the Holden brand by next year [2018].
    Currently 7% market share and about to turn off 2000 Commodore sales a month....

Hope that 10% market share prediction isn't a remuneration KPI lol
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (29th August 2017),Road_Warrior (29th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Currently 7% market share and about to turn off 2000 Commodore sales a month....

Hope that 10% market share prediction isn't a remuneration KPI lol
    If you have read any reviews of the Commodore, Holden almost expect the Peugeot to sell better than the real Commodore does. They will have loads sitting on grass for months - Toyota will sell more Camry/Vienta than Holden will move Peugeots.

Edit: Sorry, they're not Opels, but Peugeots...
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    If you have read any reviews of the Commodore, Holden almost expect the Opel to sell better than the real Commodore does. They will have loads sitting on grass for months - Toyota will sell more Camry/Vienta than Holden will move Opels.
    That is just plain dumb thinking.

The things that make the current Commodore still the number one seller in its class and still Holden's number one seller do not exist in the new Commodore.

In fact the current car is everything the new one isnt.

I honestly don't think holden expect more than 500 ish a month.

Instead of being the class leader in a virtual duopoly it's now one of 8-10 other nice FWD sedans in that non performance transport segment.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

That is just plain dumb thinking.

The things that make the current Commodore still the number one seller in its class and still Holden's number one seller do not exist in the new Commodore.

In fact the current car is everything the new one isnt.

I honestly don't think holden expect more than 500 ish a month.

Instead of being the class leader in a virtual duopoly it's now one of 8-10 other nice FWD sedans in that non performance transport segment.
    I agree 100%. This is the thing that the Holden management don't get, and why it still boggles my mind that they want to bring a brand new, clean sheet design in and call it Commodore. That is very rarely done in the car industry - usually name plates are allowed to die when their platform ceases (Ford is case in point). My thinking behind keeping Commodore's name alive, is that Holden have done their research, and Commodore is a stronger name than Holden (who, other than Commodore sell cars of varying poor quality from the rubbish Daewoo cars (and SUVs), to the Peugeot Astra, and the Isuzu Colorado. Commodore is their only standout car, and shits on everything from Daewoo, Peugeot and Isuzu.

Ford's imported stable is only slightly better, but Ford are extremely fortunate that Ranger is a runaway success. If it was not for Ranger, Ford dealers nation wide would be in a world of hurt at the moment, with only a trickle of interest from Mustang.

I would have a Passat over a Peugeot, a Stinger over pretty much every other medium car (this side of a BMW). Kia stand to win the most out of Commodore's failures.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

4Vman (29th August 2017),Randel (29th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    I agree 100%. This is the thing that the Holden guys don't get, and why it still boggles my mind that they want to bring a brand new, clean sheet design in and call it Commodore. That is very rarely done in the car industry - usually name plates are allowed to die when their platform ceases (Ford is case in point). My thinking behind keeping Commodore's name alive, is that Holden have done their research, and Commodore is a stronger name than Holden (who, other than Commodore sell cars of varying poor quality from the rubbish Daewoo cars (and SUVs), to the Peugeot Astra, and the Isuzu Colorado. Commodore is their only standout car, and shits on everything from Daewoo, Peugeot and Isuzu.

Ford's imported stable is only slightly better, but Ford are extremely fortunate that Ranger is a runaway success. If it was not for Ranger, Ford dealers nation wide would be in a world of hurt at the moment, with only a trickle of interest from Mustang.
    This is effectively identical to Ford calling the Mondeo the new Falcon.

Imagine the uproar, although honestly, those making all the noise would never buy the new one anyway so its a moot point what its called.

The only people offended were already lost to the brand anyway.

This is effectively identical to Ford calling the Mondeo the new Falcon.
    With a 3.5 V6TT (Ford GT engine ) plus 10 speed auto in it they could have call it what ever they wanted. Miami/Coyote V8 even more so.
    I would have thought the Mondeo's would made a very worthy Falcon successor if packaged correctly. Still, I'm glad they haven't.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (29th August 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    With a 3.5 V6TT (Ford GT engine ) plus 10 speed auto in it they could have call it what ever they wanted. Miami/Coyote V8 even more so.
    I would have thought the Mondeo's would made a very worthy Falcon successor if packaged correctly. Still, I'm glad they haven't.
    Packaging would be everything.

Ford get it, Holden don't.

Packaging would be everything.

Ford get it, Holden don't.
    If, (and it is a big IF) Zeta got another generation, and Holden kept manufacturing cars in Australia (in this hypothetical, Ford still closed down), what would the Opel/Peugeot been called? Would Holden still have had the input in it they have had to 'improve' the car?

Norm - would you have bought another Commodore if Falcon was not an option next time around, or would the Stinger still be on your list?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast