Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Report.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    If, (and it is a big IF) Zeta got another generation, and Holden kept manufacturing cars in Australia (in this hypothetical, Ford still closed down), what would the Opel/Peugeot been called? Would Holden still have had the input in it they have had to 'improve' the car?

Norm - would you have bought another Commodore if Falcon was not an option next time around, or would the Stinger still be on your list?
    Call it what it is, Insignia.

Honestly, had i not had Sprint as an option id be in a LSA Clubby or Redline now.

So yeah, definitely if it had a V8 option.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Paxton (29th August 2017)

Aftermarket Report.....

Agreed. Today, right now if I was wanting a 4 door performance car under $100k I would be buying a LSA powered HSV auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Not a chance for me in that companies cars as quoted countless times, I'd be in a SRT8 hands down under $70k or consider the Stinger.
    Glad to see the report stimulated some discussion.
    GM's target of 10% as mentioned is a cracker.
    How is MB's C class sales compared to the BM and audi and a 14.6% up. What a winner there near on double of the other 2.
    40% of carpark 12yrs old - the local mechanic can survive some and ongoing.
    Electric cars long way to go yet and Hybrids really just plodding along.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Not a chance for me in that companies cars as quoted countless times, I'd be in a SRT8 hands down under $70k or consider the Stinger.
    Glad to see the report stimulated some discussion.
    GM's target of 10% as mentioned is a cracker.
    How is MB's C class sales compared to the BM and audi and a 14.6% up. What a winner there near on double of the other 2.
    40% of carpark 12yrs old - the local mechanic can survive some and ongoing.
    Electric cars long way to go yet and Hybrids really just plodding along.
    Unfortunately now SRT8's are $75k+

Still good value, but not the bargains they once were.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Well, Colville quoted under $100k so walks it in.
    Chrysler are not writing any records Norm as you know - if you or I walked in with full intent to buy then and there you'll get a deal on $70ish no worries.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Well, Colville quoted under $100k so walks it in.
    Chrysler are not writing any records Norm as you know - if you or I walked in with full intent to buy then and there you'll get a deal on $70ish no worries.
    Chrysler have shot themselves in the foot.

Another brand hampered by poor advertising and even worse reputation.

Chrysler's reliability reputation is in the toilet. Agreed. I love the idea of an SRT 8 GC but don't want to deal with the reliability head f***ks as a daily. My previous experience of Jeep Dealers has a lot to be desired as well. No thanks, pass. I would buy an Everest Titanium or Land Rover before going there.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Elks (30th August 2017)

Chrysler rep has always been questionable - whats changed lol.....
    I don't hear of 300 issues compared to Cherokee and I've heard just as many re Land Rovers might I add but no matter we all make our own calls and live with it.
    I also don't see MB/BM as they once were.
    Todays modern throw away vehicles are no where where they once were in Quality but the key now is how well your looked after at X dealership.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I still think it's just plain disgusting that you fork over the best part of 100k for what is billed as a premium vehicle yet still have the reliability issues of a cheap Runabout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (31st August 2017)

I also don't see MB/BM as they once were.
    Mate I agree. BMW sold their soul when they introduced the X line. I completely understand why they had to, but when they stopped being for Sheer Driving Pleasure, and moved towards US build SUVs as their bread and butter, their soul was lost.

I have had two of the bloody things (BMW SUVs), so I can't talk, but I still drool after an E34 or an E39 M5.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast