Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Streetspeed717

Streetspeed717

Is basically a youngish guy making a living from YouTube.

This is his brand new Z01 which is modifying. There is some interesting stuff if you don't take it too seriously.

He is very honest about the mistake he has made, freely admitting that he ruined his previous Z01.

They end up tuning it on the highway because on the dyno the day before the car wouldn't allow them to tune it. They did mods but they ended the day lean.

It's some funny stuff..

Language warning.

History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (4th September 2017),WASP (3rd September 2017)

Some of these you tubers are brilliant to watch.
    I like 'b is for build' he generally buys accident damaged cars and fixes them up.
    I started watching him when he was doing a lotus evora.
    He's a software engineer so his mechanical knowledge is a bit whack sometimes and he does some seriously dodgy repairs sometimes but learns as he goes.
    Currently building a 2jz brz, and has an Aston Martin vantage waiting for a future build, amongst others.
    Amazing how you can make a decent living on YouTube if you're committed enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (7th September 2017)

In theory we could do something with youtube an pay for this place.

This video is with low subscriptions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (7th September 2017)

That's exactly right Ian. YouTube is a very viable revenue source for the forum. The key however is focus on a niche and zero in on one audiences interests. That way you are much more likely to create the engagement required ( views ). Most people try to cater to all people, or in our case all types of Ford people and cars with the content. I can tell you why being niche is important when we next chat but it's certainly worth exploring if people are willing to make the time to create the content.

Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th September 2017),FTe217 (8th September 2017)

It's interesting publications like motor mag don't have more of a following.

If you have 500 plus subscribers and do one video a day over 10 minutes long, you can make that your job.

The numbers of guys doing this to support their car habit is unbelievable.

All they are doing is engaging people, sometimes with stupid titles to get you in. Referred to as click bait.

They all say getting to 1000 subscribers is a real challenge.

I have 2. Lol

Another camaro guy call RP productions, he basically made it off being in the right place to catch a mustang crash.

He is now getting another hellcat funded by youtube.

It's time consuming though. You can have 6-8 hours in editing on top of 8 hours filming but you get to do what you do with no boss.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (8th September 2017)

This stuff gets me in, look at the views:

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Yep. 238k in views with 7.8 subscribers. He is probably making some decent money off videos.

Motor Mags strategy of trying to catering to a wide range of people with a wide range of topics is a major part of the issue. The other part is the content reviews aren't always perceived as authentic. I hope I don't offend the guys there by saying that. I can see they put a lot of work into producing their content but the majority is still too infomercial style. The pod cast concept was interesting however.

Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

are you saying raw and low rent is more attractive because if so I am putting in my resignation.

This video was sponsored by the letters U and M

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    are you saying raw and low rent is more attractive because if so I am putting in my resignation.

This video was sponsored by the letters U and M
    Lol, not quite mate. What I mean by authentic is basically trustworthy as well as useful (and/or entertaining). Viewers need to trust the content as being genuine and have integrity. If it is going to be obviously staged it has to be good, as in, a very good production in to warrant eyeballs. That's one of the reasons why you focus on being niche. You can go deeper interms of sharing content value and this helps to be perceived as a trusted knowledge expert.

With the Mags, they aim to stay impartial and only get to touch the surface of topics. Being professionals they are also somewhat censored (or perceived to be ) and can't just say or do anything. Some journo's do break out of this and love them, or hate them their viewer engagement is typically higher. For example, Auto (so called) Expert John Cadogan attracted over 300,000 views (100k+ subscribers) for his shit canning review of Mustang. Drive.com.au review of the Mustang at the same time attracted just 48,000 eye balls with 50k subscribers.

I think the forums values, and that of your own align well with producing a content experience that is trustworthy, authentic and uncensored.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast