Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Rapter

Mustang Marci reckons it's a TT V6

Thats the engine we wanted in Mondeo.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (7th September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Its hard to see this, subtle and all and not think we keep tripping on our dicks...

I mean, its either relevant or not.
    Do we need to have a look at ourselves here.

Is the paralysis from analysis?

All I thought when I saw that was, did Gramham ok that? Won't he be angry?

Did someone just do a Frosty?

Or is it meaningless fun and someone is sitting back laughing thinking FFS guys. It's just innocent.

I am not sure anymore?

If we weren't made to feel like a red headed stepchild for wanting the brand to race here I'd be laughing.

Just saw a Mustang ad on commercial TV, fantastic ad, V8 engine revved aggressively, strained against the brakes, even took off turning a wheel and drove off full throttle.

First thing I thought was geez, how'd that get past Richmond...

We really have become salty....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

If we weren't made to feel like a red headed stepchild for wanting the brand to race here I'd be laughing.

Just saw a Mustang ad on commercial TV, fantastic ad, V8 engine revved aggressively, strained against the brakes, even took off turning a wheel and drove off full throttle.

First thing I thought was geez, how'd that get past Richmond...

We really have become salty....
    So it got past Richmond though. That's good if it's a good ad.

Maybe it's us who have this wrong.

You see if it were me out there in the desert I would be thinking I would be sacked if I stuck a sign like that up in a promotion. To me the stance has to mean something so it's serious. Dots make lines and ends need to meet. No confusions and don't give our detractors stuff to distract on.

So what this means to me is that Richmond must have said that's ok. The conrod sign isn't political. It might mean something to the team or a joke or something.

Or.

Does conrod and Ford Performance appearing together suggest something.

This is what I don't get about us.

We can't be the only ones seeing this or more accurately we can't be the only ones that can stand back and say if you show that in that state, it's conceivable people will draw conclusions, is that what you want.

In other words, let's say Ford gave us access to that clip for comment.

We are going to pick it up aren't we. How can you not unless it's over analysing.

To me it's pretty obvious: it's a deliberate inclusion to play on Ford Australia's performance/Bathurst heritage to keep jaded punters (or even a new generation of punters) interested. The fact that this car is now under the Ford Performance banner signals a change in mindset at Ford AU, even if only for the Ranger.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    To me it's pretty obvious: it's a deliberate inclusion to play on Ford Australia's performance/Bathurst heritage to keep jaded punters (or even a new generation of punters) interested. The fact that this car is now under the Ford Performance banner signals a change in mindset at Ford AU, even if only for the Ranger.
    Yeah, I like to think it's Ford starting to re-emerge as cool again. Hopefully the FP branded Raptor and cool Mustang ad might be a sign it's time again....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Yeah, I like to think it's Ford starting to re-emerge as cool again. Hopefully the FP branded Raptor and cool Mustang ad might be a sign it's time again....
    Look at it this way, what's the number 1 new car market segment in Australia - these utes. Ford has a massive stake in the segment and an even bigger stake in the Ranger, given the enormous aftermarket for these cars and the equally enormous interest in "4x4" performance, it makes total sense for Ford to break into this space with a number of offerings in a tier of products - just like they used to do with a certain other Ford product that was highly regarded for its racing and performance pedigree.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th September 2017)

I have it on reasonable knowledge that no Ranger owner likes racing. Rangers don't go to race tracks.

This may or may not have been something told to the race teams.

4x4 performance has two limbs.

Off road racing is a growing sport with a huge support base both in Australia and particularly the US. We're quite behind the 8 ball when it comes to this compared with the US. The stupid "stadium trucks" genre partially feeds into this (hey, they look similar, why not? they'd be thinking). A modified Ranger has been used in the Dakar rally, then you have races like the Finke Desert race, Australian Safari, Gascoyne Dash, and a host of other, smaller events we dont hear about but are right up people's alleys enough to compete in them. People compete in these in the current crop of 4x4 utes. Fact.

Then there is the second limb that is concerned with actual 4x4'ing, the performance of 4x4 vehicles off road which in itself is almost like a national sport with Mum and Dad off road types. The hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually on aftermarket 4x4 accessories, to arrive at a finished product that resembles or is like the FX4 or the Raptor is obviously not lost on Ford.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    4x4 performance has two limbs.

Off road racing is a growing sport with a huge support base both in Australia and particularly the US. We're quite behind the 8 ball when it comes to this compared with the US. The stupid "stadium trucks" genre partially feeds into this (hey, they look similar, why not? they'd be thinking). A modified Ranger has been used in the Dakar rally, then you have races like the Finke Desert race, Australian Safari, Gascoyne Dash, and a host of other, smaller events we dont hear about but are right up people's alleys enough to compete in them. People compete in these in the current crop of 4x4 utes. Fact.

Then there is the second limb that is concerned with actual 4x4'ing, the performance of 4x4 vehicles off road which in itself is almost like a national sport with Mum and Dad off road types. The hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually on aftermarket 4x4 accessories, to arrive at a finished product that resembles or is like the FX4 or the Raptor is obviously not lost on Ford.
    So what has driven this product?

Ranger going globally and by that the US market having this sort of attraction due to the full size raptor that seems to have a cult following,

or

Is there a demand here for this and going globally pushes it across the line?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast