Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Raptor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (7th September 2017)

Nice.

Good to see ford getting on the front foot.

Any guesses on pricing yet? 90-100k?
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (7th September 2017)

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th September 2017),HSE2 (7th September 2017)

Bloody awesome..
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th September 2017)

There is a fair bit to talk about here and I guess this is me turning something simple into something more complex.

So first up, I was on social media and even though Paul is in Germany he was able to find time to post up pictures of raptor and tell us how excited he was and how there are great engineers working on this project and how he was the first to break in back in 2015.

I am sorry and this will no doubt be disgusting, but he has a face I just want to kick right off. I know, pot meet kettle.

So that's pissed me off.

Then I watch the video. Reactions in order.

Those eyes behind the helmet look familiar.

Boy these guys can drive. That's impressive.

Then it hit me. I don't need to cross the desert and I don't need my car to be so high. Ok I need to change my attitude and be happy for the guys who have made the jump to a car I don't really get.

Then the end comes up.

Hold the bus. Ford Performance. I wind, ok, tap it back, yep ford performance.

Who is doing this?

Is this the US or is it Australia, if its us, do we have a seat at the ford performance table now, did we get leadership on the Ford Performance brand and if so what's that mean and does it translated to consumers as it did with FPV.

All the questions I asked in our closing came flooding back and yes that makes it complicated when the majority just want to see a car.

So I digress a lot to wanting to understand what's behind this and I image some impressive stories if there is any depth to the Ford Performance DNA. What leadership and synergy exists with the F150 raptor program and will this opportunity out here allow for greater involvement in other FP programs.

I really hope so and I hope we can see some consistency in the brand because, and I hesitate to raise this, when it comes to Ford Performance as a brand, our management isn't on the same page and the lack of reasoning is in my mind damaging.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (7th September 2017)

I too am more interested in the Ford Performance connection and input..

Product specs will be very interesting.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I can't read this, keeps saying unexpected server error

8 orders and counting..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacificfordqld For This Useful Post:

Perko (19th September 2017)

I can picture all the urban bogan-clowns buying these and becoming the subject of much jocularity on Facebook pages such as 'Bogged' and 'I got bogged at Inskip Point'

The phrase "all the gear and no idea" comes to mind. Then again if it helps Ford sell cars, who cares

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (20th September 2017),Randel (19th September 2017)

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/f...ils-65305.html

Drive can exclusively confirm the recently-announced Ford Ranger Raptor will be powered by a new-generation 2.0-litre twin turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine.
    While Blue Oval executives are remaining tight lipped and refuse to comment on details of the desert-busting dual-cab, sources with knowledge of its development have admitted the high-performance ute will debut the high-tech powerplant ahead of its instalment in mainstream Ranger models in 2019.
    It is understood the engine will at least match the peak outputs of the 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo diesel in the existing Ranger models, meaning it will produce around 150kW and 470Nm of torque and be more responsive at lower revs due to its twin-turbo set-up.
    GAY

If this is true (and let's face it, this is Drive we're talking about so there is a 50% chance it isn't) then I can foresee a few deposits being given back - people want cubes with their diesels, VW had to learn the hard way and finally relented and brought a V6 to the Amarok, now Ford thinks a high-end off road vehicle with a strong competition bent to it, will suffice with a 2.0 4 cylinder?

"It is understood the engine will at least match the peak outputs of the 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo diesel in the existing Ranger models, meaning it will produce around 150kW and 470Nm of torque" it is going to need to surpass that if it is to have any performance credibility, try 180kw and 550nm and then we'll talk, I can see lots of people buying XLT's and Wildtrak's instead to retain the 5 banger and do their own mods.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

defective (1st October 2017),Perko (29th September 2017),Randel (29th September 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast