Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Raptor

I keep tellling myself the ecoboots petrol in the mustang is a good engine, give this a chance but I don’t like the idea.

A twin turbo 4.

It’s probably right. It would be our luck.

If this gets offered in an 8 it’s going to be mustang all over.

That won’t happen, so I was hoping for a Twin turbo 6.

Ultimately it’s still not something that’s going to get my money because I just don’t need that ride height, but with a coyote, I think I would suck it up and convert.

Wouldn’t be as big a defection as Norms anti iPhone backflip or his anti Au backflip, but maybe a close third.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Perko (29th September 2017),Randel (29th September 2017),WASP (29th September 2017)

If Drives suggestion is correct this would have to be up there as one of the greatest examples in Ford history of not giving the market what it wants.
    Surely our markets luke wam response to the Mustang 2.3 should have given them some indication?

My guess is Drive has stuff up their information. The new TT 2.0 makes sense as a replacement for their current 2.2 powerplants, but not for the range topper. Sorry, I'm not convinced
    Last edited by WASP; 29th September 2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Perko (29th September 2017),Randel (29th September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    If Drives suggestion is correct this would have to be up there as one of the greatest examples in Ford history of not giving the market what it wants.
    Surely our markets luke wam response to the Mustang 2.3 should have given them some indication?

My guess is Drive has stuff up their information. The new TT 2.0 makes sense as a replacement for their current 2.2 powerplants, but not for the range topper. Sorry, I'm not convinced
    Australia has fuck all numbers to warrant what the supposed market wants. If it had numbers Falcon and Commodore would still getting designed and built here.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Australia has fuck all numbers to warrant what the supposed market wants. If it had numbers Falcon and Commodore would still getting designed and built here.
    Are you trying to tell me the US market wants a 2 ltr turbo Rapter? Maybe in India?
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    people want cubes with their diesels, VW had to learn the hard way and finally relented and brought a V6 to the Amarok, now Ford thinks a high-end off road vehicle with a strong competition bent to it, will suffice with a 2.0 4 cylinder?
    Not quite right. VW's philosophy is to use a smaller engine and forced induction hence why you wont find anything bigger than 4L in anything other than maybe a Touareg (i hate that name) and some of the high end go fast stuff. The V6 Rok has been on the cards for years and its certainly not because the 2LTT doesnt work or because it wasn't selling. The new Rok is out in 2019 and it is widely tipped to have the V6 as an option to compete with the likes of Merc whilst still retaining the 2.0.

I used to be of the opinion 'small motor no guts' and in some cases that is true, but having driven numerous VW's with engines you think just will not keep up, they bloody do it and they do it very well too. I would have no hesitation in buying another 2L Rok, but by the time the lease is up on this one I will move into a V6 for no reason other than I can. My wife's Passat is a 1.7 turbo engine too.
    1997 EL GT #037 - Burgundy, Manual, Dusty.
    2015 VW Amarok 4MOTION Manual, tuned, BFG's, Lift - the Urban Warrior
    2017 VW Passat TSI R-Line Wagon - family hauler with the lot

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Are you trying to tell me the US market wants a 2 ltr turbo Rapter? Maybe in India?
    Do you know what the US program is getting?

One program is a global car so it will be suited to majority markets.

US program will be for that region and I bet it won't be made to take anything away from f trucks but a choice for people who want something smaller.

Validated User
    Drive have stuffed up... the 2litre will replace the 2.2. I believe it will be a better base package.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4 (waiting patiently for Raptor).
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

Ok, first up, its RaptOr, not Rapter, spelling nazi.

Second, we currently have the new 2.0 Ecoblue in the new Transit (single turbo) DIESEL right now and it is a bloody cracker, go drive one if your in the market for a manual or auto. Yes, we have an auto in Transit now. We can see this replacing the long serving 2.2L Duratorq (which is a very underrated engine to start with, it goes just as well as the 3.2, but bigger is better in Australia, so that is what 95% of the 4x4 buyers buy, plus XLT is 3.2 only (overseas is different)

We have had no talk about an Ecoblue twin turbo, it doesn't exsist, the engine following the 2.0 Ecoblue will be a 1.5L, there is no talk of a twin turbo.

So either the website pusblishing this info (this is just one website, not any other) has their wires crossed with another engine or are making up BS. We noticed right after the article, Ford published on their FB asking the public what engine will be fitted to the Raptor, which was very interesting. Please don't buy into automotive news until it is made OFFICIAL by Ford.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacificfordqld For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (4th October 2017),WASP (4th October 2017)

Thank you
    As stated I'm pretty sure they have got their wires crossed or been misinformed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (4th October 2017)

Im pretty sure they do as well.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast