Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 83

Thread: Project Build. What do you pick, why, and what do you build?

  1. #51
    T3/Sprint8 FTe217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    9,901
    I agree with the other posts.
    If a daily a whole different thing but a weekender and having the daughter interested in working/detailing the ol girl its go the ol school !
    I do agree there Norm.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

    WASP (11th October 2017)

  3. #52
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,898
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I agree with the other posts.
    If a daily a whole different thing but a weekender and having the daughter interested in working/detailing the ol girl its go the ol school !
    I do agree there Norm.
    RHD would be my preference but I would take a better LHD car over a lesser one RHD. I will look into what it costs to do a conversion and see if its worthwhile. There is nice RHD one in NSW but the owner is asking alot more $$$ + I would have run it over the pits here in SA.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

  4. #53
    James. defective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    3,252
    Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Never bought, or driven an old LHD Mustang so should be interesting..
    Do you know anyone with a lhd car? I'd be taking one for a decent drive first, some people just don't gel with lhd, and your locality can have a big say in how enjoyable a lhd can be.
    When I was a young fella a mate of mine had a 80s trans am, and I used to drive it a fair bit in the weekends. We lived in a small country town and it was fine, took about 20 minutes of driving to get used to it. But when ever we drove it to the City I hated it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

    4Vman (12th October 2017),WASP (11th October 2017)

  6. #54
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,898
    Not really one that I can have a decent drive of.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

  7. #55
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,818
    Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    Do you know anyone with a lhd car? I'd be taking one for a decent drive first, some people just don't gel with lhd, and your locality can have a big say in how enjoyable a lhd can be.
    When I was a young fella a mate of mine had a 80s trans am, and I used to drive it a fair bit in the weekends. We lived in a small country town and it was fine, took about 20 minutes of driving to get used to it. But when ever we drove it to the City I hated it.
    Can't say id be a fan of driving LHD here.

    It would probably put me off driving the car at all which kind of defeats the purpose of owning it in the first place.

    People are keeping Stangs LHD because it saves a heap of money.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  8. #56
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,898
    They way I would approach it is buy it, live with it for a while and if it doesn't gel then sell it again. The car is unlikely to depreciate in that time.

    Norm, I'm finding that enthusiasts that seem to like American cars don't seem concerned about converting them to RHD. Many are actually dead set against doing it as many of the conversions compromise the way the vehicle drives and handles. I'm no expert so I can't validate any of this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

  9. #57
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,898
    Sorry Ian, I appear to be taking this thread in another direction. I'll start a new thread if needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

  10. #58
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,818
    Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    They way I would approach it is buy it, live with it for a while and if it doesn't gel then sell it again. The car is unlikely to depreciate in that time.

    Norm, I'm finding that enthusiasts that seem to like American cars don't seem concerned about converting them to RHD. Many are actually dead set against doing it as many of the conversions compromise the way the vehicle drives and handles. I'm no expert so I can't validate any of this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A rare car like a Shelby is worth preserving as LHD for financial reasons, but there's no reason why a converted car cant drive identical to a LHD car because they mirror Falcon components that bolt straight in.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  11. #59
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,898

    Project Build. What do you pick, why, and what do you build?

    I agree Norm. This 69 is a genuine matching numbers Mach 1 but no where as collectible as a Shelby. I am awaiting a quote to get a quality conversion as well update things like brakes and suspension so let's see what that looks like.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

    4Vman (12th October 2017)

  13. #60
    T3/Sprint8 FTe217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    9,901
    For me I hate paying the additional conversion costs but like us all you try to recover some portion of the amount invested in any of your prides.
    In saying that, I think its pretty cool seeing a LHD on the road here, its unique obviously and as mentioned there is always a buyer for them just comes down to agreed price.
    I find adapting to LHD pretty easy over there never have driven here mind you but you'd get used to it soon enough.
    At least its a fair buying price in LHD.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

    WASP (12th October 2017)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •