Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Build. What do you pick, why, and what do you build?

Validated User
    Modern day interpretation of a XE ESP Ghia.

Why? I used to own one and sold it back in the mid 90s to buy a house.

Several months ago, I was actually trying to find a AU Ghia V8 (preferably silver) and make it into my interpretation of an ESP.

I wanted to do the following to it;

• 17 inch tickford alloys
    • Tickford bodykit
    • Sunroof
    • Leather interior with some form of scheel front seats
    • Tickford suspension with koni shocks (bilstein are not available for IRS)
    • Upgraded engine
    • Brake upgrade
    • Modern version of a premium stereo
    • Some other minor tweaks and modifications to make it more modern

I know I could buy a TS50 but I wanted to put my own touches on it and wouldn't want to massacre a T-series.

Anyway, it is all academic now, I bought myself a XR8 220.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PG2 For This Useful Post:

defective (15th September 2017),FTe217 (14th September 2017),Randel (15th September 2017)

I've been watching your AUXR8 journey - bravo mate.
    I had new AU3XR8 in meteorite - wish I kept it, these cars are bullet proof so to speak.
    Billys can be made to suit - its who you know but got to pay.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

PG2 (14th September 2017)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I've been watching your AUXR8 journey - bravo mate.
    I had new AU3XR8 in meteorite - wish I kept it, these cars are bullet proof so to speak.
    Billys can be made to suit - its who you know but got to pay.
    Thanks mate. All opinions, good and bad, are welcome.

The XR8 has adjustable konis. They seem to be a good shock.

The car is back in the mechanics at the moment. That hub nut has wound itself back off again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PG2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (15th September 2017)

So many ideas, so little money!

For the street I want a cruiser, i have been looking around at 55/56 F100 trucks, fit a FPV 335, better brackes and suspension, 20" fronts 22" rears, low. Just something that looks tough, has some grunt etc. A nice old school exterior with modern driveline for trouble free cruising.
    Another thought was a ZD Fairlane, nice lumpy engine, auto, low, period correct exterior / interior. just a nice neat cruiser.
    Then also been looking at XK/XL sedans, rat rod style as a cruiser.

For the track, i really want to build a FG race car. A couple of mates are building them. FG supercar kits, 6L supercar engines, sequential box etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TICK4D-TAS For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (18th September 2017)

Plastic Fantastic for me.

Either an EBII S-XR8 or an EF XR6.

I maintain that the EB S-Pack Falcons are some of the best looking Falcons since the XA and XB. A Le Mans Red version just restored and enjoyed. I wouldn't worry about more power or more gadgets - as close to stock as possible.

As for the EF - they still hold a place in my heart. In 5 years maybe a good one for a daily. These things really looked special when new and I still remember a child crossing the road in front of mine years ago stop and look at my car. Again Le Mans Red, Gunmetal or Blue. Again just restored. Probably beef up the cooling system and aircon. Just to drive and enjoy. A manual EF would be better than the Auto but not the be all and end all.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (18th September 2017),Perko (15th September 2017)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    Plastic Fantastic for me.

Either an EBII S-XR8 or an EF XR6.

I maintain that the EB S-Pack Falcons are some of the best looking Falcons since the XA and XB. A Le Mans Red version just restored and enjoyed. I wouldn't worry about more power or more gadgets - as close to stock as possible.
    A man after my own heart. Have an unmolested EBIIS-XR8. Aug 91 build. Still needs some work just to tidy up some rough edges. Will remain stock as a rock.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

defective (15th September 2017)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    For me depends on what I am chasing.

Sports car. Eleanor Mustang with current Mustang interior grafted on the inside. I like the classic Mustang shape but with modern running gear and trimmings. Supercharge the motor for fun.
    Everday car. XD Falcon. Fitted with T3 5.6L motor with manual transmission. Wanted to keep this baby as Australian as possible without running the T6 motor.
    Truck. 2017 F150 lowered to look like current version of the lightning. Supercharged V8 and auto.

Reality... Vader with better stereo, small discreet visual mods, and intercooled motor. With the original EB XR8 in the shed.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

I'm pretty simple. Just an xe ESP with ghia interior n a 427 under the bonnet. Not looking to do anything but cruise around in it. Gold/brown colour n snow flake mags, tinted windows. Basically my old ride just with a few tweaks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewforbes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Big question.
    So many rides go through my mind but one that sticks out for me that I loved from way back and due to a link we all have is a Detomaso Pantera rebuild.
    Now wouldn't Norm like that knowing we used to supply the 351 clevo then wheezer in the '70's so I was in love with these cars, a poor mans Ferrari/Lambo suits me fine.
    To do a rebuild as this would have me jizzing and being today IF I could fit a Miami in it great ceasors ghost give it to me baby.
    Black ofcourse with huge staggered BBS or custom made 5spokes - customised suspension would be a dream.
    Funny you say that Maurie - I didnt see this thread yesterday, but only last night was looking at the Pantera forum and facebook page. They have gone up a shitload, but for me - if I had spare cash - thats where I would be looking. Saw a show on Foxtel, where they did a session on Jay Leno and his Pantera. Go the mighty Cleveland!!!

A lot of the guys seem to be very 'original and authentic', but this is a nice custom, although not sure about the gauges:

https://drivetribe.com/p/ring-brothe...source=organic

Also have a very fond love of HK monaros, but the local stuff has gone up crazily.

My wifes cousins husband just purchased the FOX-1 Dodge from Running on Empty - that would also be a very cool car.

Oh - and a 68 Dodge Charger....

So many cars, so little money...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (17th September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS View Post
    have been looking around at 55/56 F100 trucks, fit a FPV 335, better brackes and suspension, 20" fronts 22" rears, low. Just something that looks tough, has some grunt etc. A nice old school exterior with modern driveline for trouble free cruising.
    ooohh yeah those F trucks are sweet - I am also keen on the same era in the Chev pickups.... need to rob a bank

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast