Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Build. What do you pick, why, and what do you build?

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    The hypothetical, buy a project car thread.

What
    Why
    And what do you do?
    Whats yours Ian?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

13726548 (17th September 2017),FTe217 (16th September 2017)

I reckon almost any yank truck from the 50s and 60s would make an awesome project.

Hot rod garage did a killer 60s one, they slapped the body onto one of the last crown vic chassis' . Made it look so easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (18th September 2017),Randel (15th September 2017)

I'd prefer to build a track car. Reduce weight, stiffen her up, add some power and go have fun. Maybe one day. When I have time & the money. Barely drive these days outside of going to work and home.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (18th September 2017)

Interesting question Ian.

I guess I have always just tried to improve my everyday daily driver as I never really had room to garage 3 cars safely ?

Stupid money being asked for classics at the moment that may need complete rebuilds, so I have been channelling my finances into what I already own.

BA 4spd sedan Currently under construction AGAIN but I do wish I had purchased a ZF6spd somewhere along the way.

IMG_20170904_171706.jpg

I have three spare built btr's at my disposal and I intend to find the limits of each one of them...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (17th September 2017),Perko (17th September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Funny you say that Maurie - I didnt see this thread yesterday, but only last night was looking at the Pantera forum and facebook page. They have gone up a shitload, but for me - if I had spare cash - thats where I would be looking. Saw a show on Foxtel, where they did a session on Jay Leno and his Pantera. Go the mighty Cleveland!!!

A lot of the guys seem to be very 'original and authentic', but this is a nice custom, although not sure about the gauges:

https://drivetribe.com/p/ring-brothe...source=organic

Also have a very fond love of HK monaros, but the local stuff has gone up crazily.

My wifes cousins husband just purchased the FOX-1 Dodge from Running on Empty - that would also be a very cool car.

Oh - and a 68 Dodge Charger....

So many cars, so little money...
    wow what a custom rebuild - no fan of the yellow interior but talk about no money spared.
    Some really nice custom work and finish.
    Read some guy bought it for US$300k !
    There used to be a custom shop here in Syd called the Toy Shop back in my young days, I used to window shop at quite a few Pantera's that were there.
    Such nice machines.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (17th September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Whats yours Ian?
    I am thinking.

Why this question from Mr Anti aftermarket, Mr anti modification.

If you are reading and are thinking that it's because it's not true.

I have nothing against owners personalising their cars. I do have an issue with the industry in general not being up front with the implication of modifications.

So that brings in the most obvious and easiest, a tuned Miami.

An enhanced daily makes the most sense. When I see these power numbers, my god, what would that be like.

Yes I know the pain the rest of the car will suffer.

The other thing that's going on is I feel less protective of anything other than my GT Falcon.

Mustang coming in has definitely seen my subconscious awake to enhancement. It's like it's expected not just tolerated.

I feel that's the opposite with Falcon. I can't explain that other than to say in recent times my Ford employeee exposure has had an influence.

I find myself asking a question about engines.

I feel like I want a sound more than anything and build from there.

I seem to go looking at old school for that which means not a daily driver.

Big cam, old school.

I have a 289 on the engine stand right now. Not sure I will go through with it.

My Au is coming to a point in it's life where I need to think about its appeal and if it wouldn't be a suitable base to go nuts on.

I can get the sound out of the Windsor I want, but not the buzz of performance from a tuned Miami.

A GTP spec car second hand, intercooled and tuned. I really like that idea too. Or FGX XR8. I really like that car too.

Increased watching of YouTube channels and builds is playing a part as well.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (18th September 2017)

I never stop learning new things about you Ian.
    First I have heard of you having a 289 sitting on an engine stand. Is that for/from your Dad's car?

I personally never saw you as anti- aftermarket or custom. Not from some of the conversations we have had and car content we have shared and enjoyed.
    I do get that when it comes to the Falcon GT there is a sacredness about them for you, as indeed with many others. When it comes to other models however the sky's the limit, however you do seem to appreciate those examples where an extensive amount of attention to detail and engineering thought has gone into them opposed to bolt-on engineering. I respect that.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    I am thinking.

Why this question from Mr Anti aftermarket, Mr anti modification.

If you are reading and are thinking that it's because it's not true.

I have nothing against owners personalising their cars. I do have an issue with the industry in general not being up front with the implication of modifications.

So that brings in the most obvious and easiest, a tuned Miami.

An enhanced daily makes the most sense. When I see these power numbers, my god, what would that be like.

Yes I know the pain the rest of the car will suffer.

The other thing that's going on is I feel less protective of anything other than my GT Falcon.

Mustang coming in has definitely seen my subconscious awake to enhancement. It's like it's expected not just tolerated.

I feel that's the opposite with Falcon. I can't explain that other than to say in recent times my Ford employeee exposure has had an influence.

I find myself asking a question about engines.

I feel like I want a sound more than anything and build from there.

I seem to go looking at old school for that which means not a daily driver.

Big cam, old school.

I have a 289 on the engine stand right now. Not sure I will go through with it.

My Au is coming to a point in it's life where I need to think about its appeal and if it wouldn't be a suitable base to go nuts on.

I can get the sound out of the Windsor I want, but not the buzz of performance from a tuned Miami.

A GTP spec car second hand, intercooled and tuned. I really like that idea too. Or FGX XR8. I really like that car too.

Increased watching of YouTube channels and builds is playing a part as well.
    Sounds to me you need a Clevo in your life...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (18th September 2017),Randel (18th September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I never stop learning new things about you Ian.
    First I have heard of you having a 289 sitting on an engine stand. Is that for/from your Dad's car?

I personally never saw you as anti- aftermarket or custom. Not from some of the conversations we have had and car content we have shared and enjoyed.
    I do get that when it comes to the Falcon GT there is a sacredness about them for you, as indeed with many others. When it comes to other models however the sky's the limit, however you do seem to appreciate those examples where an extensive amount of attention to detail and engineering thought has gone into them opposed to bolt-on engineering. I respect that.

That's probably only because our conversations extend past what's written here.

I wouldn't say all GT falcons are "protected" from my don't touch stance, just my 335 is. I would buy another and not feel the same way and modify that.

The 5.4 boss, if Miami wasn't here, I would say the same of a B series.

I am sort of engine focused in determining what to do. I absolutely loved that GT500 on FB.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (18th September 2017)

This sound.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (18th September 2017),Perko (19th September 2017),WASP (18th September 2017)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast