Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread......

The Music Thread......

HSE2 mentioned Black Sabbath in another thread and got me thinking have we a dedicated thread on Music ?
    If so sorry so here's another that hopefully gets some run on the boards.

All comes down to what you grow up with through your teen years and also whats played by your parents/family whilst even younger I guess.
    So what are your likes/favourite music you grew up with that you still listen to ?
    Do you like it loud in the car at specific times/drives maybe ?
    Have you changed much today since your youth ?
    What is your go to for download ?
    Have you a LP player ?
    LP's remember them ?
    Cassette's - 8 track.
    My what changes.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (27th September 2017)

No have not changed.

Have a strong distaste for sad shit, somebody done someone wrong songs.

Aside from C and W everything else is in.

Still have the phonograph but it’s not used much.

Today it’s all downloads like iTunes.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (27th September 2017)

Pretty much most things.

Grew up enjoying "Disco" and heavy metal.

Could listen to Pseudo Echo, U2, ACDC, Def Leppard, Metallica and Iron Maiden all in the same day.

Have all the U2 and Iron Maiden albums on original Vinyl.

One of my Fav Album is Metallica with the San Francisco Symphonic Orchestra.

Makes the air on my neck stand up:

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (27th September 2017),HSE2 (27th September 2017)

Validated User
    I will listen to anything from classical through to modern BUT the singer has to have a good voice to win me over these days, people like Adele I think are great.

Because I was a 70's teenager I like most of the music of the 70's and a little of the 80's, by far my favourites are Chicago, America, Fleetwood mac, Neil Diamond, The Eagles, Skyhooks, Suzi Quatro, Led Zepplin, not much of a fan of Bowie

I have been to concerts by Gene Pitney, Rod Stewart, Andre Rieu, the Eagles, Neil Diamond, Deep Purple, Farnham, Fleetwood Mac. Saw Skyhooks, Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs in pubs in the 70's, also Lobby lloyd and the Coloured Balls

Seen heaps and heaps of artists at a an annual transport related ball I used to go to

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trevor For This Useful Post:

love most music
    First concert i ever went too was AC/DC in 1975/76, when they were still touring all around Australia
    I have a collection of 1500 pieces of vinyl, and i still prefer to own a CD than download music
    AC/DC, Status Quo, Led Zeplin, Slade, Sabath, Alice Cooper, Chisel, Suzi Q, Rockin Rod, Captain Fantastic (Elton John), Springsteen, ELO, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac all in my faves
    Late big fan of Rob Thomas and mB20

Always have music on, depending on mood, how loud it is
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

Validated User
    I'll listen to most things but as mentioned above they have to know how to sing.

If I had to choose, I prefer 70's and 80's Aus rock; Cold Chisel, Hunters and Collectors, Paul Kelly, Aus Crawl etc.

I also like Foo Fighters.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG2 For This Useful Post:

a couple of younger gen but most around my teen growing up time here to date.
    Obviously loved Rock, loved Deep Purple, Led Zep massively, Sabbath yes but not as much as the previous 2, Stones, Hendrix heavily, < loved guitarists, Plant, Frampton, Chuck Berry, Santana, etc and Pink Floyd so much on their ingenuity - my wife and I go to the Basement a number times for a Pink Floyd Festival I can't believe slipping back into those zones with a younger gen playing their music perfectly and singing.
    Bowie had some classics imo but like Zappa some really weird places they were going.
    Eagles were another fav - their songs are so clean and cool.
    Some disco obviously growing up with it but rock/pop - heck the wife even got me to appreciate ABBA lol - I suppose that was the trade off for she wasn't a Floyd or Rock as me.
    Then I appreciate, Sinatra, Dean Martin they are so cool and I really grew up with them amongst Italian singers and I like Bocelli - I have played some of his classics pumping loud windows down @ 140odd k's on a perfect summers day back roads to Wagga, loved it in the T3.
    So many more yet to say.
    Still have record player - still have heaps of LP's as Slow, cassettes as well incl CD's.
    I'm downloading more nowadays through Spotify etc but I do like having CD's still as well.
    Miss live band pub days.

The more to add will be our bands.
    One of the absolute best for me is INXS - so pissed Hutchence went RIP but they really hit my great times in my 20's.
    ACDC were epic, missed Bon very much but Johnson won me over in Back in Black and he loves cars bonus !
    Last edited by FTe217; 27th September 2017 at 09:05 PM.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

TS50 (27th September 2017)

I use a blue tooth speaker at work to stream my music off my phone, that goes plenty loud enough to make it clear when I just want to be left to do my job haha.

I usually just stick it on random so it could be anything from rammstein to acdc to disturbed to Bruce Springsteen to johnny cash to shihad or even some newer stuff like biffy clyro. Or kaleo

Currently looking at new head units for the daily, typical au 6 stacker only has a working radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

42 years on.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

defective (27th September 2017),TS50 (27th September 2017)

To this day this is probably my favourite recording of Go Your Own Way.

Drumming is my thing, Micks face just....

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

defective (27th September 2017),FTe217 (27th September 2017),TS50 (27th September 2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast