Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 FTA Coverage slashed.

F1 FTA Coverage slashed.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/29...erage-slashed/

The Australian Grand Prix will be the only Formula 1 event broadcast live on free-to-air television in Australia under a new agreement beginning with immediate effect.
    Pay television network Foxtel has confirmed that it will continue to televise every F1 practice, qualifying and race ad-break free next year and will show the remaining six races of the current F1 season exclusively live.
    Network 10 had originally been scheduled to broadcast three of those races, that being this weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix, the Mexican Grand Prix and the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix season finale.
    The arrangement was part of a deal, signed in 2015, to air 10 of the season’s 21 races live on the station.
    The Australian Grand Prix, which is included on the anti siphoning list, will remain on Network 10, who has struck a new two-year deal.
    It has since been confirmed that the network will show highlights from each F1 race for the remainder of this season and next on its sister ONE channel on Mondays.
    The move arrives while the troubled Network 10 is in the process of a takeover by American media organisation CBS, having been placed into administration earlier this year.
    “Fox Sports will ensure Formula 1 fans in Australia can continue to watch every practice, qualifying and race live,” said Fox Sports CEO Patrick Delany.
    “And from next season, we will be able to deliver even better coverage with no ad-breaks during racing for every race on the F1 calendar including the Australian Grand Prix.
    “Fox Sports will be the only place to see the Malaysia Grand Prix live.”
    Network 10 will continue as the free-to-air home of Supercars and MotoGP for the remainder of the season, with its 2017 programming schedule unchanged at this stage.
    Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “The Australian Grand Prix is an iconic sporting event and we are delighted that it will remain on TEN.
    “Network Ten remains the free-to-air television home of motorsport. Our line-up includes the Supercars Championship, including the Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, the MotoGP World Championship and the motorsport destination show RPM.”
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Not happy. Fox sports is killing motorsport.

Validated User
    No motorsport is killing motorsport by the $$$$ they want. FTA can not afford it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CATXR8 For This Useful Post:

defective (1st October 2017),Randel (1st October 2017),TS50 (1st October 2017)

I grow up watching free to air F1. Now why should I pay my hard earn money to continue watching something that was available for free?

Piss off foxsteal, ya ruining our free to air. This really effing annoys me. So where's that leave people who can't afford it n have limited internet? But in being frustrated with foxsteal, free to air don't do themselves any favours, live sporting events are fine, though not if you want to hear ya club sing the song after a win. but in general the rest is shit. Ya watching a movie, one ya haven't seen n right in the middle of an action scene or leading up to one n right in the middle of a word ya cut to an ad wtf n not to mention the over censorship of some movies, ya put it on late n u censorship it wtf, in the old days movies started late so they didn't have to censor them. So I hear ch 10 won't be renewing the v8 oops, sorry. Super cars deal, so is this because CBS have bought them? Or will this be completely lost to foxsteal now?

Awesome. Foxtels coverage has been brilliant. Sure they are using the Sky Feed holus bolus but it's great. Everything live and the HD is stunning.

Sure you might have to pay for it but if you have foxtel anyway it's a good bonus.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (2nd October 2017)

you cant blame Foxtel for channel 10 having no money, and not being able to pay the exhorbant fees F1 want for broadcasting

Supercars is next

Channel 9's bankers are tlling them to drop the cricket, because they lose $35m a year by broadcasting it

Its greed from the big sports that are putting sports telecasts out of reach of FTA providers
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (2nd October 2017),Randel (1st October 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    you cant blame Foxtel for channel 10 having no money, and not being able to pay the exhorbant fees F1 want for broadcasting

Supercars is next

Channel 9's bankers are tlling them to drop the cricket, because they lose $35m a year by broadcasting it

Its greed from the big sports that are putting sports telecasts out of reach of FTA providers

The sad thing is Channel 10 did a far better job of the Big Bash than Channel 9 do of the National matches. I am at the stage where I am happy to avoid the delay and listen to the ABC and just look up at the screen.

Not quite the same as the old days with Skull and Jim but their coverage is still the best. I hope the BBL remains on 10 or becomes a 10 plus Foxtel setup. Channel 9 can keep their informecial laden coverage to themselves.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

i dont watch BBL, not real cricket in my eyes
    but yeah i much prefer to listen to ABC coverage
    However that laugh is sadly missed
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post

Supercars is next

Is it greed though.

The players want the salaries, teams want money to function, everyones costs are increasing, the tipping point is offering a free service if ad revenue falls.

It’s not all about what the sport wants but also who will sponsor the broadcast with paid commercials.

No one wants to watch commercials so these companies need to find other ways to reach potential consumers.

I am not convinced money is the issue with piracy for example. Convenience is a bigger issue. Our networks are losing huge ad revenue to digital downloads.

This all adds up which means the highest cost goes first.

I no longer watch F1.i follow best I can.

I no longer watch V8s like I used to, even the highlight package.

I said this would happen for me and it’s pretty much the case.

I watched just 1 afl game from start to finish this year and that was two days ago.

I do watch cricket but not like I used to.

It will be on in the background.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast