Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I bought a Toyota!

Oh what a feeling!

Too soon?

Congrats
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Out of curiosity, besides not being manual what were your reservations about the Everest? Too small?
    Mainly the lack of a clutch, they seem a nice car. I also prefer minimal computer intervention.

The other great thing about the 76 is it doesn't ding too much at you.

Rear track width can be fixed I plan to see how it goes. I found the seats comfy enough, easy to replace if they suck. 130L tank with a combined 10.3L/100km I think it's a pretty efficient car (at least by my garage standards)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTF449 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (13th October 2017),WASP (13th October 2017)

Correct GTF449, everything can be corrected to suit for those inclined.
    My client put in his 76 some other brand fitting seat for he'll be using it alot for R&D for their main product line - (chassis for vans/trailers)......
    They have had prado's < love them 80 100 200series < love them, fuel is not their concern its doing the towing and 4x4 abilities and less hassles.

RW, correct re the Y61 Patrol, only available in petrol, its just loves using massive amounts of fuel and hence why they not care of Aussie sales, they not having a diesel available kills it here (don't know how the average consumer affords it), left it to toyota and selling countless more Y61's in the middle east instead.
    Both the 200 and Y61 are mad to drive - like driving from your lounge room.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Austin, was at the 4x4 Adventure show this morn, was checking out the V6 Amarok, I'm pretty close going that way next despite me loving the front design of current Ranger.
    Interior trim etc is up there.
    Word is that its very limited by what they could do with the current layout, the 2019 revamp should see even better things. They are nice inside, but theres not enough difference between it and my current one to make me want to trade up early. Having said that every time I see a Ravenna Blue Ultimate V6 with the 19" wheels I do get a little excited, if I was buying a Tojo I would get a 200 series and turn it into a dual cab. They look super cool and it is like driving a caravan on wheels - and a V8 one at that.
    1997 EL GT #037 - Burgundy, Manual, Dusty.
    2015 VW Amarok 4MOTION Manual, tuned, BFG's, Lift - the Urban Warrior
    2017 VW Passat TSI R-Line Wagon - family hauler with the lot

In your case I understand not updating, burn money not my kosher but in my case have had the tonka for near on 5yrs I think so sometime early next year time to update and Amarok definately considering.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12