Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Around Australia in 14 days.

I Thanked your post 13726548 because its a great reply But I still couldn't take my wife, I love her dearly and she has many qualities but her driving below the speed limit with so much caution which is great might I add but sooner or later whilst filling up with benzina in some remote area I would probably commit myself to having a "walkabout" into the desert as some of our "original aussies" were known for

and adding to what would I take on top of what I quoted, either my T3 or Sprint 8 will do me fine no doubt about it - but but the bugs, stone chips lol.....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (19th October 2017),383gxl (18th October 2017),TS50 (18th October 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I Thanked your post 13726548 because its a great reply But I still couldn't take my wife, I love her dearly and she has many qualities but her driving below the speed limit with so much caution which is great might I add but sooner or later whilst filling up with benzina in some remote area I would probably commit myself to having a "walkabout" into the desert as some of our "original aussies" were known for

and adding to what would I take on top of what I quoted, either my T3 or Sprint 8 will do me fine no doubt about it - but but the bugs, stone chips lol.....
    That's why i was thinking of taking one of Ian's cars, the bugs and stone chips wouldn't bother me then.

And I am with you, I love my wife dearly, but doing a trip around Australia in 14 days is not a trip we should both do. She would hate being in the car for a 1000+km a day
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (18th October 2017)

you could take the datto
    Ians lol, that would be the AU but that thing with grey wheels needs to blow off its cobwebs.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

The key to this is the time. It’s apretty full on amount of driving in the time allocated, not a sight seeing deal but more just a life box you tick to say you have done it.

This make the choice of co driver an interesting one.

My requirements would be based on music taste, tolerance for windows down and speed.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    you could take the datto
    Ians lol, that would be the AU but that thing with grey wheels needs to blow off its cobwebs.
    I wouldn’t take the Au.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    The key to this is the time. It’s apretty full on amount of driving in the time allocated, not a sight seeing deal but more just a life box you tick to say you have done it.

This make the choice of co driver an interesting one.

My requirements would be based on music taste, tolerance for windows down and speed.
    Cant take a Falcon then, no Auto Up Windows
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

2017-10-18.jpg

As you can see
    to go around Australia in 14 days, you need to average 1000km a day
    So little time to sightsee
    I definitely wouldnt be taking kids
    lol

Bugga the kids thats for sure - 14days full on is the kind of driving trip I'd love to do mentioning ticking the box.
    I miss my driving business interstate trips doing shows etc, have the golf sticks as well.
    2 non stop trips back home I'll never forget purely because I'm behind the wheel - finished a show night in Adelaide, was packing the display gear away and as always joining us for a beer etc for most stay the night, nope I'm heading home.
    Loved it, Hay Plain midnight on is for no fool as some would know but what a run to Hay, only stopped for fills/coffee home in 17hrs.
    Another from Rocky - loaded up departed around 11pm for Sydney - I can't recall the hours to home but as above just fills/coffee and drive drive drive.
    Love it so much out there - and I don't need music on always, sometimes just the sound of wind from the window, the motor and the varying sounds from the tyre contact to road surface.
    Love to do this in my Sprint8 but Norms would be better purely because its already a daily but shame its a slush box
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (19th October 2017)

I got a good one here that's for sure... I prefer driving by myself only because as a trucker I can go many hours without needing to stop.

Our last road trip to Albury Wodonga with the 20"s on wifey needed a rest stop every hour :/

I can hold it in at least 5hrs but I do love stopping at new cafes to sample pies, coffee etc... Well I used to anyway, I have a vastly different diet these days.

We are off to Tasmania in Feb will talk more about that later as I have a few questions to ask the locals

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    2017-10-18.jpg

As you can see
    to go around Australia in 14 days, you need to average 1000km a day
    So little time to sightsee
    I definitely wouldnt be taking kids
    lol
    I kid you not everywhere we go as soon as we get there I'm like okay let's go motors getting cold ...

Wifey doesn't understand.... Sightseeing means spending money

I love driving hopefully the next five years I can retire and take the falcon over west on a train then drive up north across and back down through Alice and back home...

Only place we would miss I think is the Isa but I have no wish to go there... And I have seen everything from Sydney south to Adelaide..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast