Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Supercars Season. We Won!

2018 Supercars Season. Could contain results.

I think the thing Iím noticing is they always appear to be chasing development gains and set up. To remain competitive they need to wheel the cars out in the window or there or thereabouts. To me, this not a previous issue with the team but has become one for some reason.

Their drivers are all quality apart from RS ( potentially). That means they are expensive too. The ROI for this would be linked to performance but due to car related issues that conversion isnít happening. This makes for a compounding and challenging environment to navigate through.

Tim E has seen this all before and does a good job at keeping a calm head. That said, I donít exactly envy him at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I think the thing I’m noticing is they always appear to be chasing development gains and set up. To remain competitive they need to wheel the cars out in the window or there or thereabouts. To me, this not a previous issue with the team but has become one for some reason.

Their drivers are all quality apart from RS ( potentially). That means they are expensive too. The ROI for this would be linked to performance but due to car related issues that conversion isn’t happening. This makes for a compounding and challenging environment to navigate through.

Tim E has seen this all before and does a good job at keeping a calm head. That said, I don’t exactly envy him at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He would be feeling a lot of pressure no doubt.

We were saying similar things around this time last year (and the year before)...

PRA finished the year off strongly after starting from a long way back trying to chase setup on the 17 tyre and introduce development suspension parts, they got there in the end but it was too late.

This year see's a return to the 16 tyre and all that development is out the window.

Their issue (again) is the time its taking to get their setup into a competitive window, V T8 and DJRTP, compounded this year by the rise of both Erubus and WAU.

Money can solve a lot of things, T8 and DJRTP clearly on another level, but i can't help think if it wasn't for the significant improvements of Erubus and WAU the spotlight probably wouldn't be as bright on Tickford as it is.

That pressure has the propensity to create negative outcomes by creating anxiety to speed up improvement.

For eg; last year we saw T8 crumble at times second guessing themselves trying to chase DJRTP.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (13th July 2018)

You guys can up with the theories or this and that.
    Its a pattern that has revolved for years no matter going back to 16 tyre etcetc.....
    How many times have we seen were on it finally and within the next meet or 2 were backwards again chasing the tails.
    Oh its this oh its that.
    Being a main team for so long I find it difficult to swallow the constant excuse's and it seems the drivers are finally saying enough is enough as well for they are capable being up front BUT the back room is not up to the task's consistently.
    Anyone can accept a weak meet or 2 but FPR/Tickford have gone through many under performing meets every year barring Frostys winning season that we finally crossed the line..........
    No matter they not having the budget up to T8/DJR they have had enough experience in the team for how long, to rectify and have the cars capable Top6 at least you'd expect.
    Its like a mid table football team imo and its sad.
    They are my preferred Ford team I'm hanging in there but its not good enough.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

As a DJR fan with a loooong memory, it entertains me somewhat that the same treatment they recieved in the early 2000's with their performances vs the SBR, 888 and (then) FPR outfits was not given to SBR and FPR/PRA/Tickford or at least not given to those outfits upon their inevitable stumbles with the same enthusiasm as it was given to DJR back in those days.

Funnily enough 888 have been the only team to have been able to sustain their time at the top for an extended period, everyone else has had their own peaks and troughs, time will tell wether DJRTP can emulate this but I expect 888 are more likely to remain the outlier in this data set

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donut King For This Useful Post:

4Vman (13th July 2018),Randel (13th July 2018)

Don’t worry, I remember those dark days all too well too.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

There is no question that Triple 8 have been outstanding from the team and business performance perspective. The benchmark by a mile if consistency and progress is any form of measure.

Under the direction and leadership of Penske I think DJRP now finally have a chance of emulating this going forward. With all due respect to Dick and his family they are racers at heart and the business side of the sport has never been their strongest suit. I'm pretty sure even Dick recognise this and I'm delighted someone like him has been given the opportnity to partner with Roger and the Penske organsation. Its a legacy anyone of us could only dream of.

Tickford/FPR alway operated as a business at a higher professional level IMO. This was helped somewhat by what appeared to be closer ties with Ford in a commercial sense. Whether in fact this is true is unknown to me. Being more corporate and commercial doesnt necessarility translate into a better race team and on track performance. For the most part they have always been there or thereabouts, but we've rarely seen long periods of consistency for what is most likely for a varity of reasons I can only speculate on.

While their struggles to us appear to have gone on forwever, some businesses do take time to gel and really find their feet. This occurs through many tough years of foundation building and learning. Often what appears like overnight success is actually something that has taken 30+ years of experience, heartache and mistakes to reach a point of being able to progress into a more cohesive, predicable organisation that continues to excel at the highest level. Soberingly so, most businesses (I mean less than 1%) will never reach that point. It is an experence only the vast minority in business achieve.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    With regards to the Tickford videos they worry me to be brutally honest. I can deal to an extent with team chasing speed for extended periods of time. Yes money has a decent amount to do with it but also the staff. There is no accident that Ludo is getting the most out of the package and in a better timeframe than Tickford. Tickford just seem to forever being stuck to the same line. Hence some of the frustration from the drivers. What we see in the videos is something different. Simple mistakes continually coming up. The same brain farts that the team was guilty of a number of years ago. This has to stop. I love Tickford and the brand. Get it sorted guys, get the culture back on track, and results will hopefully follow. I will wait.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Hmmmm Chaz non commital about next year:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/m...-future!689669

Update.

Shit article, Chaz is contracted for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Update.

Shit article, Chaz is contracted for next year.
    The conjecture is around supposed performance clauses that may or may not allow him to look elsewhere. A common train of thought seems to be emerging that sees Chaz to DJRTP, Fabs to Kelly Racing, Simona to 888 but as all are contracted to their current teams in some way shape or form I can't see that sort of movement being too likley

Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast