Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: 2018 Supercars Season. Could contain results.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Pretty much sits at roofline hight whereas the falcon sits much lower given that the boot upon which its mounted sits much lower. The entire wing appears much larger on the Opal. May God, it's like the old AU Falcon Racing days have come back to haunt us..

None of the Ford teams can change that. No wonder they are concerned.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Pretty much sits at roofline hight whereas the falcon sits much lower given that the boot upon which its mounted sits much lower. The entire wing appears much larger on the Opal. May God, it's like the old AU Falcon Racing days have come back to haunt us..

None of the Ford teams can change that. No wonder they are concerned.
    And here's my completely amateur theory.

The overall ZB shape is more slippery than FGX which allows the Holden teams to be far more aggressive with the front and rear aero to create offset drag for the coast down test.

In reality a % of FGX drag might be useless wind resistance creating dirty air compared to ZB.

The massive height difference puts the ZB wing in clean air with side scoops while FGX sits in dirty air off the rear window.

Both cars have the same overall "drag", but ZB has more usable controllable downforce.

I could be either exaggerating or wrong, but its my theory.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (Yesterday),WASP (Yesterday)

Who knows Norm.

I found this picture of the 2016 championship cars. If you observe the various rear wing positions its quite telling. Also gives some insight into why the Nissans come alive at certain tracks

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...bined_2016.jpg
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

13726548 (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Who knows Norm.

I found this picture of the 2016 championship cars. If you observe the various rear wing positions its quite telling. Also gives some insight into why the Nissans come alive at certain tracks

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...bined_2016.jpg
    Yeah i think its was the Volvo that if you sat under the rear wing drafting it upset the rear grip of the car because it sat so far back.

Dane hits back (again) at DJRP accusations and general philosophy

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...?sf197962430=1

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Dane
    “The difference between us and them [DJRTP] is, when we get beaten, we don’t blame everyone else.

“We put our heads down and work harder, instead of saying there’s some inherent advantage or something that we have.

“That’s the difference between us, we have a different philosophy. We want to continue to look in at what we can do better, rather than look outside and throw mud at people.”

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

13726548 (Yesterday),4Vman (Yesterday)

What I will say at this point is the Ford teams and drivers do tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves, especially when it comes to media. The are vocal in speaking their mind and reacting to circumstances as they unfold, opposed to taking a more strategic approach, speaking only when they have assessed all their insights and have formed well thought out and united approach.

I know they havent but it feels like as a reader of these artciles that they (the Ford guys) have declared themselves beaten. Not the best way to approach the mental game of the sport I would have thought, not to mention this brings into to question the Falcon/Ford brand.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Yesterday)

Bathurst will be broadcast in 4k on Fox! Will be able to see 888 spank us so much more clearly now

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

13726548 (Today),4Vman (Yesterday),Perko (Today)

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364