Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Supercars Season. We Won!

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    Bright doesnt want to sell his REC, cant buy what is not for sale.

Also Bright does not want to be a team owner anymore, hence placing his REC at first Brad Jones and now PRA
    What's that saying? "Going out kicking and screaming"?

Might not want to sell it but equally might have to park it too if he isnt willing to step aside....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

The other option too if PRA want to own all 4 REC's they run is PRA sell LDM a car to run Bright in with his REC and sell them "parts" etc.

LDM have the staff and facility, but recoup cost of REC and no cost of technical development.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    The other option too if PRA want to own all 4 REC's they run is PRA sell LDM a car to run Bright in with his REC and sell them "parts" etc.

LDM have the staff and facility, but recoup cost of REC and no cost of technical development.
    It would make sense. It can be done. Just the way it's handled.

http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...?sf126352763=1

Race for Richie Stanaway heats up
    Home News Race for Richie Stanaway heats up

1 hour ago By Stefan Bartholomaeus Virgin Australia Supercars Championship
    The Supercars silly season could be in for another twist with Prodrive not the only team fighting for Richie Stanaway’s services.

Former international open-wheel and GT ace Stanaway has made no secret of his desire to race full-time in Supercars next season after two years as a co-driver with Prodrive.

The Ford team has repeatedly stressed that it holds a co-driving contract with Stanaway for 2018, and is known to be working on sponsorship to secure him a full-time seat.

However, a rival team is said to have made a play for the Kiwi’s services off the back of his strong enduro performances that included winning the Sandown 500.

Mobil 1 HSV Racing has been touted as a potential suitor of Stanaway, although owner Ryan Walkinshaw emphatically denies his squad is interested in the driver.

Current drivers James Courtney and Scott Pye were both signed to three-year deals towards the end of last season and Walkinshaw says he is sticking with that line-up.

The team, which will transition into Walkinshaw Andretti United next year, dismissed suggestions that Pye’s seat could be in jeopardy as “just paddock rumour and speculation”.

Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport, which is in the throes of formalising a partnership with Prodrive for 2018, is known to have made plans to field Stanaway in one of its entries at Pukekohe, before those efforts were suddenly abandoned late this week.

Prodrive co-owner Rod Nash said his team hasn’t been informed by Stanaway of any intention to drive elsewhere next season, but is aware the youngster is “on the market” looking for a seat and has attracted interest from rival teams.

Prodrive currently has a host of moving pieces in its line-up, including whether it continues with Jason Bright’s Racing Entitlements Contract as a fourth entry or purchases and slots in one of LDM’s RECs as part of a planned tie-up.

“Richie has finished his enduro season, he’s done a good job for us and has a contract for next year with enduros, but [is] on the general market to try and facilitate a full-time drive with someone in the 2018 season,” Nash told Supercars.com.

“If we get to that decision making we would hopefully enter into an arrangement for that driver [Stanaway], but if we weren’t able to facilitate it then it sounds like there’s an opportunity to do that [elsewhere], but it’d mean breaking contract with us.”

Co-drivers typically have a clause in their deals allowing them to depart if they have a full-time opportunity elsewhere and nothing is available at their current team.

Wrapping up his PIRTEK Enduro Cup duties alongside Cameron Waters at last weekend’s Vodafone Gold Coast 600, Stanaway said his 2018 plans would soon become clear.

“I’d say fairly soon, maybe in a couple of weeks or so,” he said when asked when he expects to know more about 2018.

“I’m not too sure what’s going to happen, I can’t say too much, but we should have some clarity within the next couple of weeks.”
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...?sf128409447=1

Alex Rullo’s rookie Supercars season appears to be at an early end amid an apparent split with Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport.

While neither the team or driver’s management will currently confirm the parting of ways, the 17-year-old is not expected to return to the #62 Holden at Pukekohe or Newcastle.

LDM has entered Aaren Russell in its #3 Holden for the ITM Auckland SuperSprint, while #62’s driver is listed as TBA [To be Announced].

The apparent split between LDM and Rullo comes after the team informed the driver at the recent Vodafone Gold Coast 600 that there would not be a full-time main series seat for him next year.

LDM is expected to field a single entry in 2018 as part of a planned new alliance with Prodrive Racing Australia for a yet-to-be-confirmed driver.

Dumbrell had been working to put Prodrive co-driver Richie Stanaway in its #62 entry for Pukekohe before those plans fell through late last week.

Rullo joined LDM last year, finishing 17th in the Dunlop Super2 Series before making a much-publicised step up to the main game as a 16-year-old.

He was granted a provisional CAMS Superlicense to drive in the category despite not meeting the age or experience requirements.

Rullo currently sits 29th in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship standings with a best race finish of 15th alongside Alex Davison at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

The second seat at Erebus for season 18 has been confirmed. Young Anton De Pasquale has the gig.

I am wondering if Lucus won’t run a PRA FGX at Newcastle with Richie after the attempt for New Zealand failed.

It would be a huge send off for season 17
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

TS50 (31st October 2017)

http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...?sf129193423=1

Van Gisbergen extends Red Bull HRT contract
    5 hours ago By Stefan Bartholomaeus Virgin Australia Supercars Championship
    Shane van Gisbergen will remain with the Red Bull Holden Racing Team until at least the end of 2019 after extending his contract with the squad.

The Kiwi moved from Tekno Autosports to Triple Eight’s Red Bull outfit last season on a three-year deal that has now been lengthened by another 12 months.

It commits the reigning champion through the team’s transition to V6 turbo power, which is due to occur full-time in 2019.

The deal has been announced on the eve of van Gisbergen’s home event in Auckland, New Zealand, where last year he won the Jason Richards Trophy for the first time.

“I’m really happy to be staying with the Red Bull Holden Racing Team for another year,” said van Gisbergen.

“The first two seasons have been great, especially with the championship win last year.

“I definitely feel I’ve come on a lot over the last couple of years and Triple Eight is a great place to be.

“I’ve got an awesome team around me and I’m enjoying racing more than ever, so it made sense to keep that going.

“With the Next-Gen Commodore coming next year and the V6 twin-turbo engine in 2019, it’s a really exciting time to be part of the factory Holden team.”

2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship

Van Gisbergen is expected to continue combining his Supercars efforts with various international GT races, which could include events in both the USA and Europe next season.

Triple Eight boss Roland Dane now has van Gisbergen and Craig Lowndes committed for 2018 and '19, while Jamie Whincup’s current deal runs out at the end of next year.

Dane expanded his squad from two cars to three last year in order to retain Lowndes while slotting van Gisbergen into the main Red Bull outfit.

“Shane has developed enormously since joining Triple Eight at the beginning of 2016 and we’re looking forward to seeing what we will achieve together in the years to come,” said Dane.

“We never had a moment of hesitation in extending our contract with Shane, he has proved his ability both on and off the track and he settled in to the Triple Eight way of life very quickly.”

Van Gisbergen enters this weekend’s ITM Auckland SuperSprint fifth in the standings, 189 points behind leader Whincup with 600 still up for grabs across the final two events.
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

DoctorCleveland (1st November 2017)

On Inside Supercars tonight, during the news segment Greg Rust talked about Richie's future and said that he's "very happy at Prodrive" and that they can't seeing him going anywhere else next year.

Perkins only confirmed for New Zealand too?

On the rec thing.

To me it looks clear that some sort of deal has been struck with lucus as a customer. Selling your rec under those conditions is probably more favourable and desirable.

What PRA do with that rec comes down to Jason.

As he points out, the deal could be terminated. I would like to think my team wouldn’t do that and an agreement could be reached.

Jason to me in his words seems to be opening the door to stepping back.

Unless there is something it it for Jason to get Richie driving his rec in the PRA garage I think Andrew is right and Bright will just swap garages and share a boom with the customer car at lucus pit bay.

Both customer cars in the one pit.

Failing that and this would be Jason playing hard ball, contact to run under 56 might see a compromise where Richie drives for Jason while Jason drives the 4th Pra rec out of the lucus boom.

This would only happen if there were contractural consideration like sponsors or finding a work around because someone is being silly.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

LDM looking to be Prodrive ‘satellite’ team in 2018

By Tom Howard
    Speedcafe.com
    Thursday 2nd November, 2017 - 4:00am

Lucas Dumbrell believes his eponymous Supercars squad could emerge into a Prodrive satellite team next year as the operation’s shake up for 2018 continues.

The Melbourne squad is in the process of a transformation for next season courtesy of a buy-in by Australian businessman Phil Munday, which will include a rebrand, new equipment and a move to new premises.

As previously reported, the squad is planning to run a single car Supercars outfit aided by a customer arrangement with Prodrive, which is edging closer to completion.

The deal will see the squad switch from ageing Holden Commodores to a Prodrive Falcon FGX, which could be piloted by a driver linked to the Ford squad.

Dumbrell says progress on the new look team, expected to revealed in the lead up to the Coates Hire Newcastle 500, is gathering momentum, and is excited at the potential a link with Prodrive will provide.

“Phil (Munday) and I have managed to nail down quite a lot and Prodrive have been good to dedicate time to us to discuss bits and pieces,” Dumbrell told Speedcafe.com.

“We are getting closer to nailing down, confirming and signing agreements. I think we both have a true understanding of how it is going to work.

“I’m really happy and excited by what they have put forward.

“We will have an equal car to any of their Falcons and it will truly be like a satellite operation.

“We are not going to be two or three steps behind the eight ball with the development train.”

The identity of the team’s 2018 recruit is yet to be secured although Dumbrell says talks are being held with Prodrive linked drivers.

It is believed 2016 Dunlop Super2 Series driver Garry Jacobson and Prodrive’s former second tier racer Jack Le Brocq are among candidates linked to the seat.

Current Prodrive co-driver Richie Stanaway has also been touted as a possibility having emerged as an option to replace Alex Rullo for the remainder of the season following his exit, which was confirmed yesterday.

“There are a couple of guys (we have been speaking to),” added Dumbrell.

“We have chatted to Prodrive about who they have got in the stable and there are a couple guys on the cards.

“But we are more focussed on running down the technical side of things to make sure we have got the best of what is available.”

Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport will field Commodores for Jack Perkins and Aaren Russell at this weekend’s ITM Auckland Super Sprint.

Perkins will replace Rullo in the #62 after the team confirmed a termination of the agreement with the Perth teenager.

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast