Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Supercars Season. Could contain results.

The Nissan wing looks even bigger to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Bathurst will be broadcast in 4k on Fox! Will be able to see 888 spank us so much more clearly now
    Maybe we can see more clearly where T8 hold their advantage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

Randel (20th September 2018)

The nissan one looks as big as a 380 wing.
    This is wrong.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

It maybe wrong but doesnít that mean who ever designed the FGX wing didnít engineer it right in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (21st September 2018),Perko (21st September 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yeah i think its was the Volvo that if you sat under the rear wing drafting it upset the rear grip of the car because it sat so far back.
    It was. The then comment wasnít about having a car issue but rather the Volvo would not tow you.

Also this year we have heard more comments about aero wash. As in the cars not behaving correctly behind the ZB.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (20th September 2018)

ZB also has a smaller glasshouse, which reduces drag. So to add drag on the roll down test, add more wing.

It's a bit like when they add KG's as penalty to the Nissan Godzilla's. The Nizmo guys added weight in the form bigger CV joints, thereby removing the one weak point in the car.

Similarly the 888 guys have added more wing to a car with better aero. That's Holden's benefit because they are using a car that's a decade newer than the Falc.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (21st September 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    ZB also has a smaller glasshouse, which reduces drag. So to add drag on the roll down test, add more wing.

It's a bit like when they add KG's as penalty to the Nissan Godzilla's. The Nizmo guys added weight in the form bigger CV joints, thereby removing the one weak point in the car.

Similarly the 888 guys have added more wing to a car with better aero. That's Holden's benefit because they are using a car that's a decade newer than the Falc.
    Yep. so you can effectively have productive drag (downforce) or non productive drag (resistance).

Think of a brick V a wedge.

Both can be designed to have the same amount of overall drag, but one will have significantly more down force.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

This is point at hand now.
    I reckon Ludo coupled with SM last season sucked the last of the juice out of FGX, sure the tyre change this season hasn't helped one bit but as Elks mentions, 10yrs is loonnnng time running the same set up in motor racing, way tooooo long.
    Its pretty much the whole loving Ford package, a tonne of hurt between the short good times.
    How long has it been like this ?, no different to when Moff used to win mostly of his own back then Ford pull out, back in, pull out back in, have a great set up then its left till it runs dry, really dry.
    You know, feck Mustang, I'll let the new school love it at the track, its not aussie, idgaf in a way, sure love to know GM get beaten but come next season on got better things to do but for the work commitments.
    MCM will do me.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (21st September 2018),Randel (21st September 2018)

Well an action packed weekend, but we're leading the Championship again!

Also awesome result for Chaz.!

Not sure yesterday was handled all that well, ultimately everyone's safety is most important, we missed an opportunity to increase the lead and eliminate JW from contention too (this time Dumbrell was the culprit).

Only 2 events and 600 points left up for grabs.

Scotty said they introduced a new shock for this weekend that improved the car over curbs, handy for Newcastle.

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...yu5vgI2wEe8DDw

Also car 12 playing the team game now, great little insight here:

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...?sf200441284=1
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (Yesterday),Perko (Yesterday),WASP (Yesterday)

Agreed Norm. Its great to see teamwork at its best and DJRP not give up on throwing new things at their Falcon to extract every advantage they can. This series will be won or lost by a lot of minors things contributing to the overall result. All Scott needs to do now is maintain the gap. It wont be easy but I feel much more optimisic than I did a few rounds ago.

Tickford also appears to have genuinely found something. Whatever it is, it is working best for Chaz obviously with Cam not that far behind. Even Mark looked stronger but still isnt fast enough over race distance. Stanaway is doing what he usually does. Didnt miss his chance to blame the car and team this round either. Very dissapoining behaviour unfortunately..

It was also unfortunate that the weather came in. It was like another get out of jail free card for the whole Triple 8 squad. I'm not even sure if Craig and Steve would have secured the Pirtek Enduro Cup if the race continued. Not only that, I think both Scott and Chaz would faired well but I guess we'll never know now. Eyes forward as they say.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

13726548 (Yesterday),4Vman (Yesterday),Perko (Yesterday)

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast