Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2018 Supercars Silly Season. Rumors and movements. (Could contain heartbreak).

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    LeBroq, Hazzlewood, Golding
    so one more?
    Mann?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (21st November 2017),TS50 (21st November 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Mann?
    possible,
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (21st November 2017)

2018 Supercars Silly Season. Rumors and movements. (Could contain heartbreak).

Wills position to me is not so surprising. Heís had some amazing opportunities over the years but doesnít appear to stick it out. The Erebus move being an example. Of course I donít know what happens behind the scenes and whether or not he had been pushed out, or left of this own accord. As for Todd, Iíve never been a fan of the Kelly outfit but Todd has had a good innings considering his performances in the later part of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WASP; 21st November 2017 at 10:47 AM.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    . As for Todd, I’ve never been a fan of the Kelly outfit but Todd has had a good innings considering his performances in the later part of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think if Todd didn't own the team he'd have been gone a while back.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (21st November 2017),Perko (21st November 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    I think if Todd didn't own the team he'd have been gone a while back.
    There's been a few prolong their careers over the years due to REC ownership.

Probably time Supercars mandated you can't own an REC and drive too.

Would free up seats to talent rather then wealth.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

There's been a few prolong their careers over the years due to REC ownership.

Probably time Supercars mandated you can't own an REC and drive too.

Would free up seats to talent rather then wealth.
    you are dreamin Norm
    Money will always buy seats over talent, no matter who owns the REC
    it happens in Supercars, F1, all classes

And surely that would be restraint of trade anyway, hence illigeal
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

you are dreamin Norm
    Money will always buy seats over talent, no matter who owns the REC
    it happens in Supercars, F1, all classes

And surely that would be restraint of trade anyway, hence illigeal
    They restrict the amount of entrants via forcing REC ownership too, isnt that restriction of trade as well?

Supercars can do what they like.

They restrict the amount of entrants via forcing REC ownership too, isnt that restriction of trade as well?

Supercars can do what they like.
    well i dont think its a real pressing issue facing supercars

well i dont think its a real pressing issue facing supercars
    Well no, not after Bright and Kelly go.

There are 2 more REC's they wont allow in.

Roland doesnt want them on the grid because it dilutes the distribution.

http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...?sf174096879=1

Davison poised for 23Red Racing drive
    3 hours ago By Stefan Bartholomaeus Virgin Australia Supercars Championship
    Two-time Bathurst winner Will Davison is poised to continue as a full-time Supercars driver next season, linking with 23Red Racing.

The new team was launched by co-owners Phil Munday and Lucas Dumbrell in Newcastle today, confirming they’ll field a single Prodrive-built Ford.

Dumbrell said that the team has signed “someone pretty special” to drive the car, but an official announcement cannot be made until their current contract ends.

It is believed that Davison, whose two-year deal with Tekno Autosports comes to an end at the conclusion of the year, is the driver in question.

Davison had faced an uncertain future for months, posting on social media as recently as Monday night that he had not locked in a drive for 2018.

Munday made it clear at the announcement that 23Red is being set up with ambitious goals.

“I’ve got the best driver I could find,” Munday told Supercars.com, adding that the deal was to be announced Monday, if not for contractual obligations.

“I think for Lucas and I, we’ve had long discussions about rolling this out next year as a new team, and everything that we do about the new team’s got to look at winning.

“I don’t think we’ll win every round, obviously, but I want to be out there and I’d love to get a few podiums next year and be up in the top 10 and I reckon we’ll achieve that quite easily, with the package and driver and new team, crew. It’s exciting stuff.”

_84I9515

Supercars.com understands that Davison’s place at Tekno is set to be taken by Dunlop Super2 Series driver Jack Le Brocq.

Le Brocq had been the favourite to take the retiring Todd Kelly’s seat at Nissan Motorsport but, as reported on Tuesday, no deal was completed.

Tekno team owner Jonathon Webb told Supercars.com today that he’s still working through the team’s 2018 program and not in a position to comment on its plans.

Webb has already committed to a new Triple Eight-built ZB Holden Commodore for next season, while Adrian Burgess has re-joined the squad this weekend.

Although it remains unclear who will replace Kelly at Nissan, the 2005 Bathurst winner told Supercars.com in Newcastle that a new driver has been secured.

He described the quality of his successor as a key part of the decision to step back, with a sponsorship package the final piece of the puzzle yet to be put in place.

“There’s two parts to the decision, one knowing it’s time to get out, but secondly and just as importantly me being content there’s somebody that can jump in the car and do just as good or better job and be better for the team,” said Kelly.

“Just to jump out and stick anybody in it, to grab someone with a heap of sponsorship, I would have dug deep and battled through again if I had to if there wasn’t a better option than me.

“It was only really in the past few weeks that we’ve been able to lock that down and I didn’t want to announce anything until I made sure that was secure and it now is.”

Nissan already has Michael Caruso and Simona De Silvestro with ongoing contracts, while Rick Kelly will also continue behind the wheel of an Altima.

Today’s 23Red Racing announcement, meanwhile, confirmed that the second Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport Racing Entitlements Contract has been sold to Prodrive, pending Board approval.

It is expected that the license will be run for Kiwi young gun Richie Stanaway as Prodrive’s fourth entry.

The future of Jason Bright’s REC is yet to be confirmed, although Super2 squad Matt Stone Racing remains the favourite to secure it for a Todd Hazelwood-led assault on the main game.

Bright announced last weekend that Newcastle will be his final in the category as a full-time driver.

Dale Wood joins Kelly and Bright in ending his full-time career this weekend, with Anton De Pasquale to replace him at Erebus Motorsport.

James Moffat is also expected to step back to co-driving duties next year with another young gun, James Golding, poised to take his place at Garry Rogers Motorsport.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011