Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Supercars Season. Could contain results.

Next to nothing will be quoted - and if so will just be spin.
    I hope whatever occurs satisfies you but imo nothing would.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Next to nothing will be quoted - and if so will just be spin.
    I hope whatever occurs satisfies you but imo nothing would.
    Given that something similar occurred in 2014 and the team involved pointed the finger at the motec system, one would hope this time there is an effort to genuinely understand what we think we saw and what DJR have testified occurred is fact.

There are very few reasons for the data and the timing loop to be out. The most obvious one is the antenna to start timing is further track side away from the white line than we think. Its probably not directly under that painted surface as there is the potential for the paint to interfere and or if it was the end antenna needs to have the same surface over it which we don't think occurred.

None of this explains why those cars went an entire weekend with no penalty. Where ever it is wouldn't have been shifted so I am of the opinion that the category needs to explain the appearance of both systems saying something different to each other in the spirit of learning.

In time even if there is no official statement what has gone on here will come out.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (19th December 2017)

yes agree Ian.
    In time things will come out, bit by bit or complete but way down the track that ends up being a mere mention by supporters later "oh so thats so". I feel better now.
    The damage was done as we all know. Nothing changes but for those feeling slightly justified an admission of error or whatever has been quoted. Like big deal so much water has passed under the bridge.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I have no words really

http://www.prodriveracing.com.au/por...fat-co-driver/

Following a year where Tickford Racing honoured Allan Moffat’s legendary 1977 win at the Bathurst 1000, the Moffat name will again be celebrated in 2018 with the addition of James Moffat to Tickford Racing’s co-driver lineup for the Pirtek Enduro Cup. James, the 33-year old son of Allan, brings seven full seasons of Supercars experience to the team, which concluded at the Newcastle 500 in November.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I have a few.

Why. Chaos. Panel damage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Moff and I'd love for Jr to be successful, but in 7 seasons we have only seen flashes. Sorry oif that is harsh. Also the 77 1-2 was a long time ago. It was great but let's now look to the future.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th January 2018),FTe217 (11th January 2018),Futura (11th January 2018),Randel (11th January 2018)

Hope they don’t do a Cobra livery (again), wasn’t our finest hour as a race car.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (11th January 2018)

Sounds like I better read the press release first.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Edwards
    “James was at the top of the list in our co-driver search,” Edwards said, “so bringing him aboard is a big tick for us. You always want a co-driver who has the right blend of pace and maturity to be quick and consistent, and we believe we’ve got that in James. He’s had plenty of experience in these cars since debuting with us all those years ago, and should make a great addition as we go after another Enduro Cup and try to get back atop the podium at Bathurst.”
    Tim and the team obviously think highly of James. Should we have more faith in his decsion?
    Last edited by WASP; 12th January 2018 at 02:03 PM.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Tim and the team obviously things highly of James. Should we have more faith in his decsion?
    They would have a bit of data on him. Maybe they were happy with what he could achieve considering that Chas and Frosty would allway have gotten the new and better equipment
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

I'd say it has more to do with keeping Allan happy and an ambassador for Tickford than James' skill.
    "I'm a pretty proud driver of the Ford Falcon." - Mark Winterbottom.

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast