Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2018 Supercars Silly Season. Rumors and movements. (Could contain heartbreak).

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Is he talking about 1 car operation?

Rotating chassis?
    Rotating liveries?

Surely he isn’t dismissing the progress made prior to this year?
    To be honest i think his lack of understanding shows how removed he is from not just the team but Sport in general.

FIFO for race meets to show his face and that's about it....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Is he talking about 1 car operation?

Rotating chassis?
    Rotating liveries?

Surely he isn’t dismissing the progress made prior to this year?
    Pretty sure he is refereing to starting with a team that lacked the infrastructure and talent in personnel such as the engineers and drivers capable of winning. Ryan is suggusting they have all this already so the partnership benefits should be realised faster than the 2 years Penske took to go from zero to potenbially win the championship. I'm pretty sure that even Roland would be having a quiet chuckle to himself after hearing that. At least he hasnt made the mistake of underestimating Roger, quite the oppposite in fact which is why they are working so damn hard to beat them while they can.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Ryan just makes things up. What mistakes did Penske make again?

I will give him Ambrose, list the others?
    Ouch...

Harsh ... true but harsh...

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Pretty sure he is refereing to starting with a team that lacked the infrastructure and talent in personnel such as the engineers and drivers capable of winning. Ryan is suggusting they have all this already so the partnership benefits should be realised faster than the 2 years Penske took to go from zero to potenbially win the championship. I'm pretty sure that even Roland would be having a quiet chuckle to himself after hearing that. At least he hasnt made the mistake of underestimating Roger, quite the oppposite in fact which is why they are working so damn hard to beat them while they can.
    If they have that much talent why have they been so shit?. They had a big budget and were selling their race cars to customers.
    The guy is all talk....unless some real restructuring takes place they will still be bit players.

Also need someone to lift the curse from that dodgy chassis.

https://www.motormag.com.au/features...percars-future

Here’s the problem.
    You’re a car company that hardly sells passenger cars any more, yet you’re in up to your eyeballs in the nation’s major sedan-based racing series. What’s more, you’re represented by a discontinued model running an orphan V8. The conundrum doesn’t end there.
    Your much-vaunted factory team has won just two races in five seasons despite the expenditure of many, many millions of dollars. Basically, you aren’t competitive, so when you factor in market relevance, why bother? Welcome to the dilemma facing Nissan Australia.
    More at link.

For a min i thought they were talking about Ford...
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I had a meeting with a Team owner yesterday.
    He quoted todays racing/supercars is a circus/entertainment package.
    Are we surprised it doesn't sell cars ex showroom anymore - hello its 2017 not 1960/70's/80's anymore.
    Hand it to the Sisters, having got 5yrs out of Nissan to date is sheer winning in my books lol......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Nissan backed the wrong horse with potentially an uncompetitive product. At least they get the local racing association and the influence it has on their brand and potential buyers which is more than I can say for Ford atm. I could see this series in the future working for KIA potentially. It really depending on whether supporters will get behind the brand which isnít exactly an inspiring one. For me itís still Ford vs Holden, regardless of that those cars may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (Yesterday)

No matter what, it’s always going to be blue v red. It’s so hard for other manufactures to gain traction unless you buy into T8 or Penske.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

News last night suggest Walkingforsure have lost Boostmobile to PRA
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (Today)

yes was advised this yesterday.
    Also I asked what of the Andretti link - comment was very vague to date.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678