Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob's SZ TS Territory

Rob's SZ TS Territory

So, started thinking about upgrading a couple of weeks ago, and as soon as that seed got planted, it grew at an alarming rate. At first I was worried I'd miss my falcon, but no tears this morning on hand over. After driving home I can safely say I won't miss my falcon at all. Clearly I'm getting older....

Ended up with a RWD Diesel. Sure, there are some big expenses associated with owning a common rail diesel if things start going wrong, but given the history of the 2.7L, its a reasonably reliable donk and shouldn't give too much grief. Of course things happen, but I guess as long as you plan ahead as best you can then it won't be so bad. Given we've bought a van in the last year also, it just made sense to get the diesel and lack of DPF made it a no brainer really.

Colour is Havana. not everyone's cup of tea but i love it. Hurt a bit spending as much as we did in the end, but i'm kind of glad we decided to get something nice. Nothing like a nice new car even if it is second hand.

Some pics.

Interior is very clean. Its a TS so gets the full colour touch screen ICC.

First 'modifications' of sorts will be installing the electric brake controller and fitting the light bar. Going on pics of other peoples, there is plenty of room behind the grill to mount the light bar a bit more inconspicuously without compromising on light output too much. Routing wires sounds like a fun task though.

Loving it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

13726548 (30th October 2017),4Vman (30th October 2017),Elks (12th November 2017),HSE2 (1st November 2017),Perko (1st November 2017),Randel (30th October 2017),Road_Warrior (30th October 2017),WASP (30th October 2017)

She's a nice looker

Routing wiring is a pain in the arse, even for my bodge UHF radio setup.

For the brake controller, Hayman Reese and Redarc ($$$) do a remote unit that mounts inside the dash somewhere, with only a control knob and warning light visible to surface mount wherever you like. I'd choose this option if I had to do it again as I got a HR "Guardian" unit mounted on the side of the centre console and I keep hitting it with my knee - not a very good solution.

i have a tekonsha unit that i pulled out my falcon so for cost reasons i'll try to use that one. apparently the factory loom goes through near the A pillar somewhere and can be accessed by removing the inner guard.

fitting to the right of the steering wheel is problematic due to the knee airbag. not keen on putting it behind the roller door. a couple of others have mounted them on the fuse panel cover so will look at that option.

Only had it for a few hours and wondering why i didn't do it ages ago. Super nice car. My mrs is 5foot nothing so she loves it because she can see now.

couple of questions.
    it looks like the auto lighting has no adjustment as to when it turns on and off? falcon you could adjust it.

also, with the dual zone, how does that correlate to the rear vents? are they controlled by the drivers side, or passenger side temp or are they dual also?

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    couple of questions.
    it looks like the auto lighting has no adjustment as to when it turns on and off? falcon you could adjust it.

also, with the dual zone, how does that correlate to the rear vents? are they controlled by the drivers side, or passenger side temp or are they dual also?
    You mean headlights? Mine has an on/off thing on the switch?? Rear vent temp is controlled by the driver's side IIRC

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

prydey (30th October 2017)

Yeah, auto headlights on falcon could be adjusted in the settings to come on earlier or later and turn off earlier or later.
    Looks like that option is gone and its just on or off with the stalk.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    Yeah, auto headlights on falcon could be adjusted in the settings to come on earlier or later and turn off earlier or later.
    Looks like that option is gone and its just on or off with the stalk.
    Nah I think you can adjust it via the ICC, there are a number of options there for lighting, amongst other things

Looks fantastic, very tidy. Congratulations
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Nah I think you can adjust it via the ICC, there are a number of options there for lighting, amongst other things
    Couldn't see it. More playing required. Wife's stolen it already though so will have to wait until tonight on night shift.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

13726548 (30th October 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Looks fantastic, very tidy. Congratulations
    Thanks, yeah really happy with it. Very tidy.

Nice ride Robbo ...

Excellent colour

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast