Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob's SZ TS Territory

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    Hopefully that's all it is. Just pulled it out and there was a fair bit of debris in there. Guess I'll find out on the journey home in the morning.

Any ideas on the icc reset? Hopefully that's a one off.
    Don't know about the icc. I wonder what the battery is like. These cars start doing weird shit if the battery starts to fail.

Haven't checked the voltage but it seems to start fine. It is a motorcraft one though but doubt it would be the original.

Congratulations Rob. Looks sensational and its a step up on packaging compared to falcon I find too.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

prydey (1st November 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Congratulations Rob. Looks sensational and its a step up on packaging compared to falcon I find too.
    Thanks Ian. As a family car its hard to beat. Plenty of storage space, plenty of room and smooth and quiet ride.

Hopefully that's all it is. Just pulled it out and there was a fair bit of debris in there. Guess I'll find out on the journey home in the morning.

Any ideas on the icc reset? Hopefully that's a one off.
    So, cleaning out the cabin filter didn't fix it, but the noise does seem to be coming from that area. i fiddled with all the controls while it was doing the noise, fresh, recirc, face, feet, full air, no air etc etc, and it made no difference at all to the nature of the sound.
    cruising at 60 its not there. its only above that it appears and doesn't gradually build. its just there, or it isn't.

and the icc weirdness.... when i got in the car it was all back to normal.

Validated User
    So, cleaning out the cabin filter didn't fix it, but the noise does seem to be coming from that area. i fiddled with all the controls while it was doing the noise, fresh, recirc, face, feet, full air, no air etc etc, and it made no difference at all to the nature of the sound.
    cruising at 60 its not there. its only above that it appears and doesn't gradually build. its just there, or it isn't.

and the icc weirdness.... when i got in the car it was all back to normal.
    Told you the ICC's were a problem in these early cars. Only people who pushed got them replaced like me.

As for the noise make sure some debris isnt in the fan itself.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    Told you the ICC's were a problem in these early cars.
    well, in the other thread about owning black cars, you mentioned staying clear of 2011 models, but this one is APR 2012.

upon reflection, i don't think the ICC was affected. I think it was just the MFD. Possibly a key issue as thats where the settings are saved.

more concerned about the silly noise for now, and on the way home this morning i discovered the windscreen washer pump doesn't work. no water squirting. checked when i got home. bottle is full but no sound from the pump, so has to go back in for a day or so to get these things fixed.

heading to bris in mid december so have 6 weeks to sort out all the niggles.

also, dummy fitting my lightbar in behind the grill, and discovered its too big. need a single row one.

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    As for the noise make sure some debris isnt in the fan itself.
    i don't think its anything like that. i think its more of a harmonics thing. it starts pretty much every time as soon as you get toward 70 and then stays the same from then on.

i don't think its anything like that. i think its more of a harmonics thing. it starts pretty much every time as soon as you get toward 70 and then stays the same from then on.
    Wheel bearing??

Had this issue with the ute, annoying harmonic type noise above 50kph..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Wheel bearing??

Had this issue with the ute, annoying harmonic type noise above 50kph..
    doesn't sound like a wheel bearing. more of a buzzing sound, and i know sounds can travel and the source can be totally different from where it sounds like its coming from, but it does sound like its inside...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast