Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ford AUS to call Edge Endura

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yep. Owned one too, 2007 Ghia.

AWESOME car.
    2004 Ghia. Brilliant Brilliant car. Let down by a crap gearbox.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

4Vman (17th November 2017)

Yep. Owned one too, 2007 Ghia.

AWESOME car.
    I'm referring to edge/endura. I've been in an Everest. Great car. I see no reason why the edge won't also be a very good car.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    I'm referring to edge/endura. I've been in an Everest. Great car. I see no reason why the edge won't also be a very good car.
    The beauty about the Territory was that it was a Falcon SUV. Complete with RWD/Longitudinal layout, and a Falcon engine with buckets of lazy torque.

The Edge/Endura is a Front Wheel Drive SUV with 'on demand' AWD (which never works) and a 2.0 Diesel engine. It may have more space, but it is being sold as a 5 seater, not a 5+2 Seater like Territory so will be smaller. Dynamics will be hampered by the Diesel (I love good diesels) and front wheel drive layout.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    I've had an Everest for a day too.

Too "commercial" for my liking.

Nice enough, but definitely not somewhere you'd describe as refined or opulent.

The Undoer platform is a downgrade from what Territory offered.

Mix Everest with Undoer and you'd be closer.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Tell you what, the ST Line or Edge Sport would be the pick of the litter. It does look nice.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    In Aust Toyota own the Edge trademark I guess you call it. They would allow Ford to use it so this is plan b.

Actually I winder if it was plan B. Feels more like an E.
    Sorry for the confusion Ian,
    I simply meant with the Edge name unavailable, just use the Territory name on the new Vehicle,
    there's a lot of ready made good will with the territory name and now Ford is set to throw that away.

and your opinion regarding Ford having great optons for the Mustang but not making them available
    to keen HP buyers in this country, probably reflects in the disappointment of no Sports model "Edge"
    with the SUV buyers being somewhat aggrieved...

The problem as I see it is not that we have people in the company looking for ways to screw with us, but regulations specific to Australia that are far enough away from some of the home markets that make further testing mandatory.
    Testing equals money, money is an issue at Ford again.

So in the case of some of these mustang packages, you need consumer laws to be set identically for a start.

If you start messing with the track as they did with FP2 you bring in other issues that need to be tested for in our region.

What’s the acceptance rate going to be when you consider the likely shift towards the 10 speed auto of which this particular option isn’t available. Is the cost worth it?

I can only answer for me. I want the auto ahead of the pack.

So with edge and a sports variation it would seem like something natural to do and this brings us back to market understanding of which we think there are questions.

It happens too often that projections get screwed up. Not enough product of one specification, too much of another.

Why? How does this happen?

You would think they are guided by dealership advice, what can you sell, what are people looking for? And so on.

It needs to be a representative source. We probably aren’t representative typically but I like to think we could act that way if required.

Using Territory as a name is an interesting point.

Ford must have thought about it. Unlike Falcon using Territory was on the table, as they must have known Edge would be an issue.

Would it have been ok to use Territory? The safe line to take would be to say it’s just like falcon, let it go.
    Myself, I would have been ok with Territory continuing if they needed to find a new name for Australia.

How do you guess at reaction? You have to ask.

Understanding how people think is important and in the case of Ford or GM, forums offer such an insight if you weigh what people say correctly.

Using Raptor as an example.

If Ford use Ranger Raptor in this country, I personally see it as an extension of the US Raptor. Being smaller in size in my mind doesn’t allow dilution of what Raptor is about. That’s a brand by itself in my mind.

That’s a Ford Performance product and I would expect Raj or Dave to be involved in some way out here.

That has to come through in the ownership experience with consistently. I suspect it won’t.
    Their should be synergy in performance. If offerrred in the US it would make sense that RR be the entry level Raptor.

We don’t get F150, so Performance can’t be entry.

If this all becomes too hard, dont call it Raptor.

Ranger Raptor must be a global product and I fear that situation has landed us in a similar spot to that of mustang. Even though we control Ranger, we don’t dictate it.

We can’t say we need a V6TT for our market because in other markets it’s probably going to cause toes to be stood on.

This is where we might miss FPV. To cater to our specific needs, to find opportunities and work along side ford to rectify.

Going global supply you would think solves all this, but as it looks now, while ever there are diffferences across countries in regs, it’s still very much a question of what works not what’s desirable.

It sure would be nice if we stopped hearing, “we didn’t know that about Australia” or “ we didn’t expect that reaction”

That equates to casualties of employment in my book.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Burnout (22nd November 2017),defective (18th November 2017)

Tell you what, the ST Line or Edge Sport would be the pick of the litter. It does look nice.
    Edge looks great. All the modded ones at SEMA show it is has a great base design,

But to me omitting the 2.7 means it wont be set apart from the crowd in the most crowded and competitive part of the market, up a against Tiguan, CX5, CRV RAV4, Santa fe', Tuscon, Sportage, Sorrento and even euro'r X3, GLC, Q3 All good cars.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (19th November 2017),Perko (19th November 2017)

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/17...ght-hand-drive

THE Ford Endura range is likely to include a performance-honed hero when the Ford Territory replacement joins the car maker’s Australian showrooms midway through next year.
    The brand has announced it will launch the Ford Endura ST-Line in neighbouring New Zealand, adding weight to the idea – although it has declined to comment – that it will try and add a bit of buzz to the midsize Holden Equinox competitor.
    Under the bonnet of the recently confirmed Endura ST-Line – the vehicle is called the Edge in other markets because Toyota Australia owns the Edge name in Australia and New Zealand – is a sequential twin-turbo diesel Duratorq engine producing 154kW and 450Nm that’s also likely to replace the ageing 2.2-litre single-turbo engine that powers the entry-level Ranger.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456