Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ford AUS to call Edge Endura

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yep. Owned one too, 2007 Ghia.

AWESOME car.
    2004 Ghia. Brilliant Brilliant car. Let down by a crap gearbox.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yep. Owned one too, 2007 Ghia.

AWESOME car.
    I'm referring to edge/endura. I've been in an Everest. Great car. I see no reason why the edge won't also be a very good car.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    I'm referring to edge/endura. I've been in an Everest. Great car. I see no reason why the edge won't also be a very good car.
    The beauty about the Territory was that it was a Falcon SUV. Complete with RWD/Longitudinal layout, and a Falcon engine with buckets of lazy torque.

The Edge/Endura is a Front Wheel Drive SUV with 'on demand' AWD (which never works) and a 2.0 Diesel engine. It may have more space, but it is being sold as a 5 seater, not a 5+2 Seater like Territory so will be smaller. Dynamics will be hampered by the Diesel (I love good diesels) and front wheel drive layout.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    I've had an Everest for a day too.

Too "commercial" for my liking.

Nice enough, but definitely not somewhere you'd describe as refined or opulent.

The Undoer platform is a downgrade from what Territory offered.

Mix Everest with Undoer and you'd be closer.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Tell you what, the ST Line or Edge Sport would be the pick of the litter. It does look nice.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    In Aust Toyota own the Edge trademark I guess you call it. They would allow Ford to use it so this is plan b.

Actually I winder if it was plan B. Feels more like an E.
    Sorry for the confusion Ian,
    I simply meant with the Edge name unavailable, just use the Territory name on the new Vehicle,
    there's a lot of ready made good will with the territory name and now Ford is set to throw that away.

and your opinion regarding Ford having great optons for the Mustang but not making them available
    to keen HP buyers in this country, probably reflects in the disappointment of no Sports model "Edge"
    with the SUV buyers being somewhat aggrieved...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456